Author Topic: Fundraising Advice  (Read 5106 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Fundraising Advice
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 21:05:07 PM »
Some of our rescues have an Amazon wish list, it allows supporters to send you food, blankets etcetera without disclosing your exact location, and often the postage is free if you choose your items wisely.

Check out the Paws Inn wish list here to see what I mean.

Post your own wish list  link on all your websites and hopefully folk will buy stuff you need rather than thinking about the cash they're spending  :-:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/13RCIPZ7QC5WD/ref=cm_wl_search_1

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 20:26:19 PM »
I might be able to help if you want to sell some products??
Take a look and let me know. I've got Simba on aloe gel for his gingivitis, the girls on the cranberry version for stress cystitis (Simba induced) and I take it for my under active thyroid. There is also a vet formula spray for scratches and nice coats.
www.aloehelp4health.myforever.biz/store.
My contact details are on there. Please get in touch if you think I can help x

Offline Feline Care Cat Rescue

• Kitten
    • Feline Care Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: over 200 cats
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
Thank you for the advice everyone, will look into these suggestions.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 17:25:22 PM »
have a look at our Fundraising side of the website too, it might give you more ideas (our vet bills were over £6000 last month  :Crazy: so I understand!)
http://yorkshirecatrescue.org/support-us/fundraising/
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 17:20:44 PM »
you are registered (I had a nosy and from your website it sounds like you do a grand job!) so there are some things to do that you aren't yet that could really help.

Emmy-lou is dead right about pets at home. I was at a presentation given by Amy who is a manager for the charity arm of Pets at Home called 'Support Adoption for Pets'  she just told us (charities at an ADCH conference)  "we have lots of money to give you, do you want it? ask us for it and its yours'. It was a very popular talk!! We have just received a check for over £400 that they gave us from the raffle they do in store (we didn't have to do anything). It helps if you are the chosen charity of a PaH store but they will give yearly grants to animal charities and are happy to award those grants for running costs such as vet fees. It really helps to get involved with them.
http://www.supportadoptionforpets.co.uk/

will come back with more ideas later but i have to start the walk home now (poorly car)  :)
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 22:04:54 PM »
yes, sponsored walks are good as most people can take part, but i am well aware a lot of people get sick of sponsoring you!

Are you a registered charity? i think that is really helpful as pets at home actually do a lot to help local charities. They will give you donations from their food bins and mine allow a local rescue to do occasional tombolas and have people outside with a tin every so often. Also bag packing at supermarkets can be quite lucrative and you will be suprised how quickly the time flies doing it!

The rescue i help with isnt registered, but they do do a monthly direct debit scheme which allows people who cant volunteer to help out. Probably similar to your sponsor scheme tho. car boot sales too, but they can be a big success or a major waste of time depending on the weather and pitch you get. My rescue had a table top sale outside their premises which in the first week was a massive success, but then has seemed to trail off, maybe once a month maybe better.

I also think for me Facebook makes a massive difference. Appeals for volunteers, fosterers, donations etc not just for money but some people have spare litter and food to donate (you know how choosy cats can get!)

Sorry to blab on! best of luck!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 16:48:17 PM »
Sponsored walks are popular - my 3 Border Collies walk every year for CP
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Feline Care Cat Rescue

• Kitten
    • Feline Care Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: over 200 cats
Fundraising Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:40:45 PM »
Hello there everyone, recently our vet fees have grown to monstrous sizes, naturally we want to combat this, we plan on doing so by strengthening our fundraising. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how we can expand and improve upon our fundraising, as of now we currently do the following: Food bins outside supermarkets, biscuit wrapper and rags scheme, Btmydonate, Amazon and Ebay shop, tin shakes, open day events, and a sponsor scheme for one of our cats.

Any advice and ideas we would be most grateful for!

Many thanks!

Link to CatChat