Author Topic: Trip to the vet  (Read 2159 times)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
Re: Trip to the vet
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 21:11:07 PM »
Bonnie adores cheese and cheese Dreamies are her favourite.

Not sure how true it is but I heard many years ago that cats like cheese cos it smells like mice  :wow:

Are you sure it was the cheese that was the problem and not something else on the sarnie?  Might be useful to find out exactly what it was for future reference  ;)

Mary

There was only extra mature cheddar and I can't believe it's not butter. Quite a lot of cheese though. I think its the lactose as with milk and probably because he is only a kitten.  He has had some since but only a tiny piece and he was ok.
So greedy guts plus too much cheese equals very sore tummy and very runny bum. ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 10:22:01 AM »
Bonnie adores cheese and cheese Dreamies are her favourite.

Not sure how true it is but I heard many years ago that cats like cheese cos it smells like mice  :wow:

Are you sure it was the cheese that was the problem and not something else on the sarnie?  Might be useful to find out exactly what it was for future reference  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
Yep, mine love cheese too, especially blue smelly stuff!!!

I dont have it often and they do get a tiny little bit as a treat - mostly cos the begging, staring and drooling gets too much for me  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 01:15:13 AM »
Probably the old lactose intolerance which some cats have.
They do love cheese though. Sometimes I have to lecture mine with the "you - carnivore; me - vegetarian" routine and try to convince them that they eat mice and rabbits and fish and birds etc, but they don't care, they want cheese.

Victoria got lectured concerning how cats DON'T eat muesli, and the perils of raisins after she'd tucked into my breakfast when I wasn't looking; but she didn't care.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:16:45 AM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 17:34:56 PM »
Mine like cheese too!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »

Little cheese pincher!   :evillaugh:  They do seem to love cheese - this is something I only discovered fairly recently. 

Glad Astro suffered no lasting effects - migth just have been a bug he's picked up, and not the cheese, but always better to be safe than sorry. 

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 06:54:47 AM »
Little rascals  :evillaugh: pleased Astro is feeling better after his trip to the vets  :)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
Trip to the vet
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 00:37:10 AM »
I was having my lunch yesterday when the door bell went so I got up and answered the door. When I returned to my lunch I found Astro and Zuni munching away at my cheese sandwich bread as well. There wasn't a lot left.
This morning Astro had a really bad tum, dioreah in fact, it was all over him. So I washed him in the sink called the vet and took him in. Zuni was fine.
A couple of injections later and a few quid lighter we were home.
He is a lot better and I will have to remember not to leave cheese lying around.
 :fish: :fish:

Link to CatChat