Author Topic: Three cats in need of loving homes, as soon as possible! Woodford Green, Essex (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 5687 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there's been no updates I will move this to sorted section now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Ok, no probs. good luck finding homes for the others.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
I would really like to meet a cat before adopting to make sure he would fit in with the three I have already and not be too dominant etc.

If, for some reason he didn't get on with Lucy and Co, a rescue closer to me would be able to take the cat back, whereas the nature of Hendrix's situation and distance from me would make that very difficult.

Just being realistic and practical. Any cat would be a lifetime committment, so I'd like to meet him first. I would imagine the homer would also want to do a home check.

Thanks lots for the offer.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
erm, not pushing anything here but I will be passing close to Brum next weekend, and I do live very close to AlexandraBM. If you are serious I could provide transport next weekend.

Sheila  :shify:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Hendrix is gorgeous. Just a shame you're not local to me (Birmingham). Does he like being brushed?  :Luv:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline AlexandraBM

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Nuggett
Thank you all :-)

Jasper, the ginger one has been taken. Still looking for the others. I have now contacted The Scratching Post :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Your nearest rescues of any size are Celia Hammond at Canning Town or The Scratching
Post. To be honest things have been pretty bad in this area of London for a while, The local Walthamstow rescue suffered an outbreak of FIP this year so she had to close her doors to new arrivals which has put the other neighbouring rescues under severe pressure. basically I'm trying to say there probably won't be Rescue back up for these fur kids locally, so do your best to rehome them with friends and family for now.

I'll keep my eyes open for any locals who might be able to take one or two.  :(

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
They are beautiful cats, I really hope that you are able to find loving homes for them soon.

Offline AlexandraBM

• Kitten
Hey

Thank you for that info. Good to know about the rescue/rehoming and they they won't have to 'go in' Worst case scenario we will take them with us to our new houses and then continue to find them a new home from there. I will forward that information to my Sister.

All 4 cats are the children of my Sister's other cats.

I noticed the location thing this morning and added it to the title, I also just added it to the end of the message. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Have you given their details to the local rescues? They can put them on a waiting list also they can rehome from you they don't have to go into the rescue. The advantage is that they will do home checks. Did any of the cats come from rescues? If so they will take them back, I had to sign to say I would return mine if I ever needed to rehomed them. 

Rescues are overflowing at the moment especially as it's kitten season. Here is a list http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

Also you don't say where you live in your post.

Offline AlexandraBM

• Kitten
Hello! (I am posting this on behalf of my Sister)

It pains me to do this as these cats are so beautiful and loving but we are just not able to provide them with a suitable home and it will be in their best interests to find a new, loving family! No cost.

My husband and I are going our separate ways and are moving house and not able to take all of the cats with us. Things will be completed in within the next two weeks so are looking to get the cats re-homed as soon as possible, ideally. Not a lot of time. However, despite the approaching deadline it is more important we find the right match, so also do not want to rush unnecessarily. I know we left it late, but we thought we 'might' be able to take them.

We have a household of 8 cats, one doberman and some chinchillas (who we gave away a while ago)! I fear that we were not giving as much attention to the cats as they deserved and because of this they have not been able to live up to their fullest potential but I see it in them very clearly, they just need the room and attention, to grow! I also think some of the cats will flourish when there is not so much competition around. They don't all get on and I am sure in another environment they are going to be pretty awesome.

OK, so firstly, Sookie and Millie!

Sookie and Millie are Mother and Daughter who will go together. Sookie is 6 and Millie is 4.

It is 'imperative' that Millie and Sookie stay together. They are very close and attached to each other. Under no circumstances can they be separated. So please, be sure that you are happy to have two cats. I would hate to think they could get separated down the line.

Sookie, a slender tortoiseshell who responds mainly to the name "Laylee" is very playful and quick on her feet! She loves to touch, has the cutest meow and has lots of character and energy.

Millie, who I especially have a soft spot for, is a beautiful, slender cat. She LOVES her face to be rubbed, loves sleeping on your lap (or in your arms) and likes to play. She was very, very shy as a kitten but has got heaps better. I know, with more attention and consistency, she'll be an absolutely amazing friend. I wish I could take her and envy whoever gets her.

Lastly, Hendrix but more commonly known as Jix or Jixxy.

He is a gorgeous looking, black, longhaired cat with lots of character in his face! He can be very affectionate and loves to play. I really want to find him a wonderful home with committed companions who will give him lots of attention and make his life an awesome one, filled with love! Jixxy also loves the dog!

They are all very important to me and I am looking to find them committed owners, who will take care of them, give them attention and a supportive environment, ideally not too close to a main road. These cats are used to having a garden and just love to explore, climb and be cats! So please, only people with gardens or the suitable equivalent space for them to roam.

All four cats have been microchipped and they have been neutered, however they are not up to date with their boosters.

So thats's it. These cats are awesome but they just have not had room to grow or the attention I would have loved to have given them. They now have the chance to join new and loving families who will spoil and love them deeply

Please get in touch if you have any more questions or would like to come and meet them! We're in South Woodford, Essex.

Thank you

Alexandra
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:56:09 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat