Author Topic: catteries  (Read 2557 times)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Re: catteries
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 10:04:58 AM »
Kittens adapt a lot better than older cats, so in a way it probably good you are getting him used to it at such a young age. I have never used a cattery myself, but yes would take a few home comforts and any particular food he needs too.

Have you visited it? I think even though your partner knows someone who works there, I would like to have a nosey about first!  :shify:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 21:25:50 PM »
I have seen the photo's of Mully on your other thread. He is a real sweetheart!

It's good that you can start him off with just a few days at the cattery so that he learns that you will come back for him. Most cats seem to be fine, it's us who worry ourselves silly  :-[

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mully and Lexi
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 21:24:19 PM »
We're all over protective on here  :rofl:

Will look at your pics of Mully tomorrow.

Mary

Glad I'm not the only one  :) ok I have posted them in our cat stories

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 21:12:41 PM »
We're all over protective on here  :rofl:

Will look at your pics of Mully tomorrow.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 20:56:23 PM »
It wouldn't be fair on either of the cats so it's good you can take him to a cattery that will hopefully be great.

What's your cat called and we like pictures on Purrs  ;)  in fact we love lots and lots of pics  ;) ;)

Mary

Yes that's what we thought I think i'm going to be more worried than him, suffering from overprotective mum syndrome :). My cat is called Mully and I will post a picture of him now.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 20:50:33 PM »
It wouldn't be fair on either of the cats so it's good you can take him to a cattery that will hopefully be great.

What's your cat called and we like pictures on Purrs  ;)  in fact we love lots and lots of pics  ;) ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 20:45:20 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs.

Always worrying when we have to leave our little darlings  :hug: I am lucky as my friend takes care of Bonnie for me.

I think if they get used to them at a young age they will be ok. The people running the cattery should be up on how to take care of kittens and they shouldn't let any one stay who has not had their jabs.

I was gong to say it's better if you know someone who can recommend a place to you but you've gone one step further and know someone who works there  ;)

Just for a few days and lots of fuss made of and toys to play with and no time to be stressed.  I would take a fave toy, blanket, bed etc.

Good luck.

Mary

Thanks for the reply, we will take his blanket and some toys. We have a few weekends away this year spread out over the next 4 months so hopefully he likes it as he will need to go there. Were unlucky in that my partners parents have an older cat who doesn't like other cats and is an attention seeker so it just wouldn't work taking him there.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 20:37:08 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs.

Always worrying when we have to leave our little darlings  :hug: I am lucky as my friend takes care of Bonnie for me.

I think if they get used to them at a young age they will be ok. The people running the cattery should be up on how to take care of kittens and they shouldn't let any one stay who has not had their jabs.

I was gong to say it's better if you know someone who can recommend a place to you but you've gone one step further and know someone who works there  ;)

Just for a few days and lots of fuss made of and toys to play with and no time to be stressed.  I would take a fave toy, blanket, bed etc.

Good luck.

Mary

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
catteries
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 17:37:04 PM »
Hi everyone :)

Just wondering what peoples general opinions are on catteries, we are away for a long weekend in July and our cat will be 13 weeks. We have nobody who can have him so have found a really good catterie and my partner knows someone who works there. Do they tend to get very stressed in these places?

Link to CatChat