Author Topic: first time cat owner  (Read 5391 times)

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mully and Lexi
Re: first time cat owner
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 12:01:13 PM »
Sounds like he is going to a very spoilt little fella  ;)

Oh yes he's very spoilt all the toys he could want and he even has his own special blanket :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 11:58:11 AM »
Sounds like he is going to a very spoilt little fella  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 15:41:16 PM »
He's gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

In case you might have missed the "shop" .... purrs sells some of the best cat toys ever!!  I can't recommend the Yeoww Cat Nip toys highly enough .... it really is the BEST and strongest cat nip going (my lot will tear open the jiffy bag when posted through the letter box in order to get at the toys inside.   The first time they did this I was all set to compl;ain to royal mail on the condition of the parcel until it dawned on my what all the little puncture marks were lol).

You can find a link to the shop on the top right hand corner of the site (visible from every page ;) )

We got him the feather wand toy from the shop on here which he just loves :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 15:35:17 PM »
He's gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

In case you might have missed the "shop" .... purrs sells some of the best cat toys ever!!  I can't recommend the Yeoww Cat Nip toys highly enough .... it really is the BEST and strongest cat nip going (my lot will tear open the jiffy bag when posted through the letter box in order to get at the toys inside.   The first time they did this I was all set to compl;ain to royal mail on the condition of the parcel until it dawned on my what all the little puncture marks were lol).

You can find a link to the shop on the top right hand corner of the site (visible from every page ;) )

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 11:01:34 AM »
Yes they do gradually slow down!  :evillaugh:

At Mullys age they seem to go mad, sleep, go mad, sleep etc etc

At 4 my two still have their mad moments, but only occasionally.

If he is wandering the whole house - prepare yourself for some early morning wake up calls if it hasn't happened already!  :naughty:

Yes that's just how he is going crazy then crashing and fast asleep. For his first few nights he was in with us and waking us up in the early hours, but he now goes in the kitchen at night in order for us to get some sleep which he is adjusting to and he likes his little bed now. Once he gets older and more settled he'll be in with us or wherever he wants :P

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 10:54:36 AM »
Yes they do gradually slow down!  :evillaugh:

At Mullys age they seem to go mad, sleep, go mad, sleep etc etc

At 4 my two still have their mad moments, but only occasionally.

If he is wandering the whole house - prepare yourself for some early morning wake up calls if it hasn't happened already!  :naughty:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 10:06:34 AM »
:welcome: to purrs Gillian

I saw your other thread and he looks adorable!  :Luv2:

I joined purrs almost 4 years ago (where that time has gone I have no idea.....!) as a first time kitten owner too. Feel free to post any queries, most of the time someone will have an answer.

And remember, there is no such thing as 'too many photos', we will never get tired of seeing piccies of kitties  :evillaugh:

Thank you we love him to bits was an instant connection and he's deffinately a mummy's boy, he will follow me anywhere. He seems to have a permanent on switch at the moment except for when he's asleep do they settle down more as they get older?

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »
 :welcome: to purrs Gillian

I saw your other thread and he looks adorable!  :Luv2:

I joined purrs almost 4 years ago (where that time has gone I have no idea.....!) as a first time kitten owner too. Feel free to post any queries, most of the time someone will have an answer.

And remember, there is no such thing as 'too many photos', we will never get tired of seeing piccies of kitties  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 21:57:58 PM »
Ahhhhh so pleased you are discovering the joys of opening your home and your heart to a furbabe  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

As a first time cat owner slave I would chech out the threads in the basic care guides ... there's loads of helpful info:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,43.0.html

P.S. ... we need pictures  ;)

Thank you I will look at that :) I have posted pictures now :P

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 21:49:22 PM »
Ahhhhh so pleased you are discovering the joys of opening your home and your heart to a furbabe  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

As a first time cat owner slave I would chech out the threads in the basic care guides ... there's loads of helpful info:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,43.0.html

P.S. ... we need pictures  ;)

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
first time cat owner
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 17:29:38 PM »
Hello to all :)

Myself and my partner brought home our gorgeous 10 week old kitten Mully last Thursday, he's a domestic short haired tabby. We have recently lost a loved one and this little guy has brought back some happiness to our lives we wouldn't ever be without him.

Link to CatChat