Author Topic: Where has my baby boy gone??  (Read 21843 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Where has my baby boy gone??
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2014, 08:23:11 AM »

And you'll get one Hippykitty, you'll get one.  Soon, I'm sure.   :hug:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2014, 07:24:58 AM »
You're making me so jealous. None of my ex-ferals do anything so affectionate. If I try to touch them they run away, thinking I'm going to kill them.

I want a Bruno.
I have room for a purry domestic, must treat myself to one. Want a cat who wakes me up by jumping on the bed rather than howling to go outside.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2014, 07:17:44 AM »
 :rofl: :shocked: oh dear....Yeah that isn't a pleasant way to be woken. It's hard to be annoyed at Bruno because he is just so damn cute. Though he still licks my eye lashes and then rolls up under my nose so I can't breathe. Im suspicious he's trying to kill me  :naughty: but I'm sure he just feels safe there.

I am glad Bruno doesn't bring me gifts. I think I'll stick with the purring and kisses!!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2014, 07:02:34 AM »

He looks so sleepy.   :Luv:

Moray brought us two mice last night - we slept through the first delivery (most unusual, but I've been absolutely exhausted thrugh lack of sleep since last Thursday) and were woken by the enthusiasm of the second delivery of a much larger vole this time.  It's a very thoughtful way to be woken, but ingrate that I am, I prefer Bruno's way......  :evillaugh:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2014, 05:50:31 AM »
So Bruno continues to grow at a silly rate but hes not too big to wake his mum up with purrs and kisses and love at 5am  :censored:  :Luv2: he looks rather chuffed having done an excellent job of totally waking me up before he decides it is time to snooze once more!!!!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2014, 10:22:34 AM »
 :rofl: Now c'mon Sue, we all know there are no innocent kittens or cats in this world  ;)

Look it, YES  :evillaugh: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2014, 06:56:41 AM »
He's just an innocent kitten, enjoying his kittenhood.    :Luv:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2014, 07:58:01 AM »
Hmmm that tail's in a strange place  :naughty: :evillaugh: :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

Funnily enough :) I think Hes reached that age  :rofl: but I booked Mr Bruno in last week for the 28th July to have his furry companions removed  :rofl: :shocked:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2014, 01:22:43 AM »
Maybe it's not the footie he's watching  :censored: :naughty:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2014, 00:33:47 AM »
Hmmm that tail's in a strange place  :naughty: :evillaugh: :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2014, 19:48:28 PM »
 :shify:Bebe quietly plotting how to chew through the cable for the TV.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2014, 18:50:46 PM »
Very chillrdout today... Watching the footie :)

And Bebe....really not interested :)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2014, 18:57:19 PM »
That's a "Cat Yoga" position alternately called The Pancake and The Furry Rug. Very effective for relaxation and territory claiming.  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2014, 13:48:36 PM »
You are a silly sausage  :evillaugh:

Mary

Bruno was this morning. He likes walking around the edge odbthe bath while someone is in it. This morning he slipped and scooted down the side and landed in a bath full of water....he looked a little shocked and spent the next few hours cleaning himself  :rofl:

That's the reason I'll never be a Bluebell Girl now - Flynn did that to me years ago, leaving a faint 7 inch long scar along the inside of my right thigh........  :doh: :doh:

(and just in case any younger readers are thinking:  "what the hell's a Bluebell Girl....?)

http://www.frenchentree.com/paris/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=49276

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2014, 13:15:28 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  My Chloe did that, she used to sit on the edge of the bath but would never get in until she fell in.  :rofl:  She never sat on the edge again, but choose to talk to me from on top of the toilet seat.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2014, 12:36:32 PM »

Mary

Bruno was this morning. He likes walking around the edge odbthe bath while someone is in it. This morning he slipped and scooted down the side and landed in a bath full of water....he looked a little shocked and spent the next few hours cleaning himself  :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »

Mary

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2014, 08:25:41 AM »
surely not that sleeping Angel......?    :naughty:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2014, 08:12:36 AM »
Such a naughty sausage :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2014, 22:15:53 PM »
I was laughing at you being told they would slow down when they get older.  :evillaugh: no chance of that, my Bonnie is 15 1/2 and she runs around like a maniac WHEN SHE'S NOT SLEEPING ALL OVER ME  :rofl: :hug:

Very pretty kitty eyes. :Luv2:

Mary

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2014, 17:30:19 PM »
Here is a pic of his lovely eyes....please excuse the legs :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2014, 07:39:26 AM »

Me too.   :shy:  Wasnt thinking about the growth rate particularly.

I'd say Bruno is on the larger side, but not overly large.  It's difficult to tell at 14 weeks, because some kittens put on a growth spurt and grow longer, rather than wider, if you see what I mean?  Ross was a big lad by about 6 months, and he weighed about 12lbs at a year old.  I think he's definitely been the largest cat we've ever had, but he wasn't overweight, just "chunky" (and gorgeous and I loved him!)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2014, 07:23:43 AM »
;) ;)  ;D ;D

Tell me about it. Two months ago Astro and Zuni were two and a half pounds af sweetness. Now they are 6 and a half pound monster mogs. Nothing is safe. Apparently they slow down at 6 months  when they are three quarters of their adult size.  :really:

:rofl:   Who on earth told you that?   :evillaugh:  wooohoooohoooo.  That did make  Ilarf!

I was told by the rescue center, the vet, the PDSA and RSPCA.In the first 6 months a kitten will reach three quartersof its adult size and weight, the next 6 months growth would slow down until they are 1 year old when they will be fully grown. As with humans there are variations

'pologies for my flippancy, Hollycat.  :hug:

It's a very good guideline    :)

I thought hollycat meant they would slow down as in their activities, not their growth. I misunderstood anyways..... Well Bruno is reaching 14 weeks and weighs 2kg (which I believe is 4.5 pounds, roughly), is that big for his age?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2014, 06:57:17 AM »
;) ;)  ;D ;D

Tell me about it. Two months ago Astro and Zuni were two and a half pounds af sweetness. Now they are 6 and a half pound monster mogs. Nothing is safe. Apparently they slow down at 6 months  when they are three quarters of their adult size.  :really:

:rofl:   Who on earth told you that?   :evillaugh:  wooohoooohoooo.  That did make  Ilarf!

I was told by the rescue center, the vet, the PDSA and RSPCA.In the first 6 months a kitten will reach three quartersof its adult size and weight, the next 6 months growth would slow down until they are 1 year old when they will be fully grown. As with humans there are variations

'pologies for my flippancy, Hollycat.  :hug:

It's a very good guideline    :)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 00:23:51 AM »
;) ;)  ;D ;D

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2014, 21:29:55 PM »
:evillaugh:  It's orlright - I'll let you off.   ;)  I mean after all, I dont know who Kelly Clarkson is.   :evillaugh:

Mind you, if you ever get the chance to Watch Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, do it.  It's a classic film.   :naughty:

Anyroad - Bru's definitely got them Paul Newman eyes.  You do see that, don't you....?   :evillaugh:

Indeed I do...bit odd haha :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2014, 21:07:26 PM »
 :evillaugh:  It's orlright - I'll let you off.   ;)  I mean after all, I dont know who Kelly Clarkson is.   :evillaugh:

Mind you, if you ever get the chance to Watch Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, do it.  It's a classic film.   :naughty:

Anyroad - Bru's definitely got them Paul Newman eyes.  You do see that, don't you....?   :evillaugh:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2014, 21:01:37 PM »
Oh yeah :) I see what you mean...similar eyes!!!

And I had heard of those names, just didn't know a face to put to them :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 20:30:31 PM »
 :innocent:  Gawd, I Iz old.....   :doh:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 20:07:05 PM »
:-:Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid?  The Sting?  Hud?   You kidding me.....?   :-:

:-: :shocked: nope  :rofl: I was born in 1985 so.... Haha but I will look it up :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 20:00:12 PM »
 :-:Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid?  The Sting?  Hud?   You kidding me.....?   :-:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 19:24:37 PM »
He's a right handsome little poser - that's a real Paul Newman smoulder, isn't it?   :evillaugh:

Who is Paul Newman??  :-:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 19:19:14 PM »
He's a right handsome little poser - that's a real Paul Newman smoulder, isn't it?   :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 18:48:37 PM »
Butter wouldn't melt...  :evillaugh:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 18:08:48 PM »
[/color]

Totally agree  :evillaugh:

Mary
[/quote]

Oh dear so I have more fun to come!!!

Here's a little pic of the young man....

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 10:50:51 AM »
[/quote]

Totally agree  :evillaugh:

Mary

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 06:47:45 AM »
;) ;)  ;D ;D

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 18:17:07 PM »
 ;) ;)  ;D ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 19:08:02 PM »
He does have lovely eyes!  :briggin:

Link to CatChat