Author Topic: Absyinian kittens.  (Read 8603 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Absyinian kittens.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 18:58:51 PM »
You could always try looking for retired breeders.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 18:52:04 PM »
Hi Cheryl,

I remember talking to your Mum on CatChat and I remember how upset she was (is) about Gnarla.

I hope you managed to sort something :)

All the best

Sam
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 19:24:43 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 17:15:31 PM »
Sorry Sam i didn't see your message. On the subject, I'm gonna wait a while cos like i said she has just lost her aby to cancer, even though Gnarla wasn't hers to start off with she is very upset about it. You may know my mum, she uses BAZSMUM as her user name, anyway don't want to say too much incase she see's these post's as it's meant to be a surprise. Just wanna say if you could give me some info on where to get one from that would be great, also need to start saving, LOL. Probably be next xmas I'd be getting her a kitten as she's just taken on a stray that i rescued.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 22:20:26 PM »
I'm here!!!!  To be honest I'm not sure how much aby's are now ... I paid £200 each for my two 5 years ago so I would imagine they are about £300+ nowadays.

If it's any help I can recommend a wonderful breeder though.  She produces cats with the most wonderful temperment and all her cats (even her Imperial Grand Champions!!!) are kept indoors and treated as pets first and foremost.

She only breeds Abys and is only interested in Abys.  She is the person I got Foxy and Zephyr from and we are still in regular contact.  She likes to stay in contact with all her kittens wherever possible ... and of course I don't mind as it's another excuse to talk about my furbabes!

She registered with all the right people and was showing yesterday at the Supreme (she got two firsts).

Her name is Isobel and her website is http://www.nishalka.co.uk/  check out the new kitten pics!! Ahhhhh!  BTW she is based in Leek, Staffs.  Her phone number and contact details are on her site.  She is a lovely person and I would say it would be worth giving her a call because even if she doesn't have kittens at the moment she will take your details and contact you as soon as some become available.

Feel free to say I recommend her ... she knows who I am.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Sorry can't be more help.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 22:31:13 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 21:32:14 PM »
Hi! 

Sam (fussy furball) has Abyssinians so hopefully she will see this.  I have a Somali which is a long haired Abyssinian.  A pet quality Abyssinian will probably be about £300 - £350. 

The best way to go about finding a kitten is to contact a club that is affiliated to one of the organisations that register pedigree cats and run cat shows.  The largest of these is the GCCF, but there is also TICA and FIFE I believe.  There are 2 Abyssinian cat clubs affiliated to the GCCF

http://theabycat.com/

http://www.abyssiniancatclub.com/

They should have details of breeders and lists of currently available kittens.

I would imagine there is also an Abysinnian rescue if you're interested in getting a rescue cat, but I'd imagine there's not an awful lot of cats available that way so you may have to wait.

Before you go to visit breeders, please take a good look at the guidelines on the GCCF website about buying a kitten and what you should expect from a breeder.  No breeder should sell you a kitten less than 13 weeks and you should get registration documents when you buy the kitten. 

http://www.gccfcats.org/buying.html

I hope that doesn't sound too patronising as you may well know exactly what you're doing, but I point that out because I read on message boards about so many people who spend a lot of money on pedigree cats from disreputable breeders who have health problems, don't have registration papers etc.  It's important to buy from a reputable breeder and that means doing a lot of research first.

Good luck with finding a kitten.  Abys are lovely.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 21:34:11 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 16:38:14 PM »
i couldnt say but an average figure for a good pet quality of most breeds seems to be around £400 but it does vary hugely.

You should contact the pedigree rescue or join a aby group,. i bet there will be a yahoo one...breeders & showers go there (usually the nice )and you might get to know some of them and see if they have any that they know of they may be retiring etc

ccmacey

Absyinian kittens.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 15:23:27 PM »
Hi, can anyone tell me how much one of these kittens is? My mum has recently lost her Abyssinian to cancer and i was thinking of getting her one as she is totally in love with the breed, maybe in a few months as i know she has to come to terms with her loss. People from cc will know about Gnarla and how she came to my mum, well anyway she is totally devastated and i just wanted to give her something to remember her.

Link to CatChat