Author Topic: We Had A Visitor  (Read 10888 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: We Had A Visitor
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 23:24:31 PM »
This is what I use my Little acorn for  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0WMIEhrFf8
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 21:26:31 PM »
Wow, you have some great visitors :wow:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 10:13:25 AM »
I would need a very early morning call to catch this one, no doubt looking for the live yummies in the garden:

PS  something has eaten half the leaves off the cat mint plant.  It's going to be stoned. :Crazy:  Are cats the only animal that eats it, would mice also get high on them, maybe that's a new dish for kitty, catmint flavoured mice. :rofl:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:29:19 AM by Purdy Bear »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 11:58:02 AM »
Maybe you should leave a litter tray outside, never mind food  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »
what a great pic!!

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 10:08:13 AM »
We had a visitor this morning before we got up:

The cat was in the garden for about 5 minutes then went.  Oh and there was a pile of runny poo left on the front door step, so one of them (the black cat or Tensing) left it last night.  Oh and Flinty Fox decided to poo under my brothers car.   It was a poo fest. :naughty:

PS  Notice there is no collar, so it will be a scan with my microchip reader once I can get said moggy closer. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:11:15 AM by Purdy Bear »

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 13:31:36 PM »
Thanks for the collar suggestion, I've downloaded the RSPCA one, so I can print it off.

The cat is very shy at the moment I catch it more on the camera then see it myself.  Last night there were no visit except by birds and the resident mouse.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 16:07:34 PM »
You can put a paper collar on asking 'does this cat have a home, ring 123456789'

We did that when hob nobs started coming in. His owner seemed a bit offended, but at least we knew!!!

Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 09:49:51 AM »
Another night time call around 10pm again:

The cat didn't come on Monday but there was a lot of food put out Sunday night so he/she would have been full up.  I suspect the cat may also be feeding out of the Tensing/Flinty fox bowls out the front. 

I'm trying to reposition the camera to see if there is a view I can get with them coming into the garden or out of their hiding place.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:51:13 AM by Purdy Bear »

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 14:13:41 PM »
Last nights photos:

This is - oh look what the servant has put out for me:

Well if you want a shot I might sit here for a few minutes.   :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 13:12:12 PM »
 :rofl:  Mrs Hudson def suits  :rofl: brilliant

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »
That is one fat pigeon  :rofl:

Love the robin, they are my favourite bird.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 10:23:46 AM »
Some of the pictures from yesterdays shoot, we've get two fat pigeons, magpies, lots of starlings, a resident robin couple, and small blue birds with cream chests, the website wont let me put the last word as they deam it rude but its part of the chest area.  It puts prunes instead, I can imagine winged prunes flying about.  :rofl: 

This little chap once, which is why the cat is about:

I left the camera out all night yesterday and will have a look this afternoon.  I need to find where said moggy is coming into the garden or if he/she is sleeping here to ascertain if the furbaby has a home.  If not he/she has got one now but we shall see!

PS  I've got a few names in mind:  Agatha, Cassie, Grace, Pearl, Bailey, Darcey, Merlin, Percy or Luna and Lava.  If I wanted to be completely bonkers I'd call her Mrs Hudson. :naughty:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:37:21 AM by Purdy Bear »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 00:19:34 AM »
Would love to see the bird pics when you get them.

My black cat was called Smudge, he was just one big black smudge of love R.I.P.

Mary

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 21:53:50 PM »
Bless him, he looks like Alfie when he first came to us  ;D You could call him Jet - or Snowy  :evillaugh:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 17:21:11 PM »
The visitor returned at 8.53 am this morning.  I wonder if the little mite is living in our shed, or in the bushes none of us can get to at the back of the garden.

I've been thinking of nicknames, and would love some suggestions.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
We Had A Visitor
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 17:22:03 PM »
I've been using a stationary wildlife camera in the garden to get pictures of our feeding birds, with the intention of eventually getting some shots of Tensing - the suspected Maine Coon.  Today I walked out in the garden and what did I see before me, but a stunning pure black cat, could have been a Bombay.  I would say it was about a year old, just out of kitten hood.  It turned tail and did a runner so I checked the camera to see if I'd caught it on film:

It must have moved too fast for the shutter on it's retreat as it never got the photo of it's face.  The camera is set to a 3 second gap so I will have to set it for less and see what happens.

I've now got to start asking the neighbours where the new moggy has come from.

Link to CatChat