Author Topic: Neutered Cats Mating!  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Neutered Cats Mating!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 00:07:10 AM »
Sheilarose, next time he has to visit the vet I'll do that. I've often wondered if they 'left a bit behind' because he's quite a well-built cat, like an entire tom, and has some bulk where his marbles would be.

Victoria is okay with his attentions though. In fact the other night I caught him 'spooning' her and stopped them. You should have seen the look she gave me!   :censored:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 22:11:40 PM »
My boy cat grabs his sister by the back of the neck sometimes and treads on her back with his back feet. Which i presume is a mating thing but she just turns around and bites him. 

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 14:18:00 PM »
Ask your vet to check his testes next time you go, it may be he was cryptoid so only one testicle removed when he was neutered. They should have told you, if this was the case and it would be on his notes at the vet where he was castrated, but your current vet may be able to feel if the second ball has descended.

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »
Our new boy is very friendly with a blanket, despite the 2 girls in the house.  Mind you, I doubt they'd let him get away with it!  Patch warns him off if he sniffs round her, and Kitty just runs off.  Think he's doing it less with the blanket gradually, probably hormones still bit active.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:13:17 AM »
I think it's known as dry humping. Theo has his own sex bunny (a cuddly toy, not a real bear! ) that he humps, but Thep was neutered in a Rescue over five years ago. Don't worry, if it seems to suit them, then it's only an issue if the Vicar comes to tea  :-[

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 17:15:33 PM »
Thanks for the reply. They both seem okay with it. If anything, they seem friendlier towards each other. If this happens frequently, I'll try to stop it. Victoria is unharmed and not stressed by the incident.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:29:07 AM »
I think it is uncommon but can happen. If they seem ok with it I would just ignore it if it happens again, if it becomes a frequent or either seem distressed I would then find a solution.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
Neutered Cats Mating!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 00:49:07 AM »
Cydric and Victoria, both neutered, have just done the best impression of mating that I've ever seen.
Cydric sidled up to Victoria from the back, grabbed her by the scruff, then attempted to penetrate her (I don't think he managed this). Victoria moaned, but wasn't too bothered, in fact she behaved very much like a female in heat except that she hadn't exhibited any signs of this beforehand.
Cyd 'paddled' his back legs and kept hold of Victoria.
I was torn between not interfering and separating them; but as Victoria was making normal female mating noises (as seen on youtube) I left them to it. It went on for longer than I would have expected, probably because he didn't penetrate her, nevertheless, when he let go of her she attacked him as per normal cat mating behaviour.
He then gave his 'bits' a wash while she just looked all dreamy.  :Luv:

I've only described this in detail because I don't think it was a display of dominance on Cyd's part, rather an attempt to mate.

I'm totally confused by this behaviour between two cats who were neutered before reaching maturity and who have no history of sexual behaviour. Polly, a cat I used to have, was neutered by the rescue she came from at the age of six, so the fact that she allowed local toms to have their wicked way with her didn't surprise me: she was used to kittening. But these two have never experienced this behaviour.

Could this be in some 'grief' response to the disappearances of Fred and George?
Has anyone else had neutered cats who've done this?
How should I respond if they do this again?

Link to CatChat