Author Topic: Billy Whiz and Noni B  (Read 3020 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Billy Whiz and Noni B
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 13:24:43 PM »
Absolutely loved watching all those videos BUT my pizza is burnt  :evillaugh:

Was worth it though  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »
I cant walk past Sasa while she is eating! In fact to walk past her at all its very slow and with my back to her!

I think the eyelevel thing is right too cos thats why Sasa always wanted to be 3 steps higher than me on stairs but now its only one step and she will go up in front of me one step at a time, wanting strokes on every step  :rofl:

At the top we both sit on the big step, well I sit and she rolls over for stroking.

Vet visits here are terrible cos have to trap her so she eventually walks into the cage. She freezes at the vets but was so traumatized by a lady vet after her teeth op, she was shaking in her cage and did not calm down till the vet left the room and then started again when she came back. She is not like this with Gareth.

IIts just stress stress stress  for me like you Rosella but Sasa is a big girl and very very strong, all 6kg of her.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 09:31:45 AM »
 :thanks: ladies.  He is quite the little chutch and makes those "meeping" noises you mention Gill if you stroke another cat nearby but esp Noni as she has a loud purr.  Almost like he's saying "me, me ..."

I'm sure you are right Sheila about being more comfortable with hoomans at eye level.  It's only recently that I have been able to walk past him whilst he is eating without him running off as, like Sasa, he obviously doesn't like feet either.  There's a tecnique to it.  Not too slow and not too quick, mustn't look at him and must be quiet, not too close etc etc  :shify:   

He is generally much happier if you look away from him whilst stroking him.  He is however a very bright little chap.  Certain parts of the house need to be cat free when we set the alarm.  You get no response whatever from the rest of em but, if you say "come on Billy Lad", he's off the cat treeand trots into the hallway  :) 

Vet visits are a nightmare.  I wish there was something I could take to calm me down  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 17:37:28 PM by Rosella moggy »

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 07:53:23 AM »
Aww that's lovely!  :Luv: 

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 04:31:32 AM »
 Super progress there, Rosella.  ;D it does look like he trusts you entirely, and I wonder if being elevated on the table at eye level with you is a factor in his obvious comfort?

I know Pursley will only allow tickles and strokes if she is level or higher than us, ie we are sitting and she's on the back of the sofa, or I'm in bed then she happily curls up on my head or hip. I think she feels we would be unable to grab her from there so is much more relaxed.  She, however, has never had a bad experience in her life as OH has had her since she was tiny, so who knows where she got her paranoia from.  :shify:

I wonder whatever happened to him, poor boy  :scared:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 21:10:38 PM »
 Awww Rosella, what a heartwarming video :Luv2: :Luv2: You can see how much he is wanting the strokes , bless him. :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 18:20:32 PM »
Oh rosella thats gorgeous and loads of time yet, he is way ahead of Sasa at that point.

She is now about 16 and been here since about 7 yrs and its about 2 years since she started accepting strokes.

She now waits on the stairs for them and has even meeped  last week for some.

I cant pick her up and like Billy she used to have that look when Misa had strokes of so wanting some but she just couldnt allow it.

A couple of days ago she came and laid near my feet...................feet terrifiy her and she allowed strokes in the front room and also in the garden,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so sad she has waited so long.

Billy will get there  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 18:14:33 PM »
Billy Whiz is an absolute poppet. :Luv: He's like a male version of my Bass!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 17:50:37 PM »
Adorable. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 17:22:43 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ain't they so wonderful  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Made me day that has  ;D ;D :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 16:12:37 PM »
Well I now have a big soppy grin on my face after watching that and doesn't he have a lovely set of fangs  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

My sentiments exactly!  :briggin:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 14:50:34 PM »
Well I now have a big soppy grin on my face after watching that and doesn't he have a lovely set of fangs  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:52:26 PM »
Aw Rosella - that's just lovely to see......   :Luv: :Luv:   Doesnt it make your heart swell, when they do accept affection, whatever the reason.  Goodness knows what his story was, but how rewarding to see   ;D :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Billy Whiz and Noni B
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 11:50:12 AM »
Our Billy Whiz is the eldest of the Moggnificent 7 being 10 years old this month and by far the most challenging.  He came to us from Cramar Cat Rescue in April 2006 aged 2. 

Heavens knows what we will do if he develops a chronic condition as we can't pick him up and he usually only allows strokes in very particular circumstances  :sigh:  We were told by Cramar that we must never, under any circumstances, put a collar on him.  I never asked them to elaborate but suspect something collar connected happened to our lad and that is why he is the way he is  :(

We have however discovered a chink in his armour  :sneaky:  He cannot resist a bit of the action if Noni Baroni appears to be enjoying some attention.  I took this little video of them yesterday.  Hope you enjoy.  We love him to bits (Noni too of course  :) )and hope one day he will chill out properly...  (I'll know to turn phone on it's side to record in future!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Vh2ex-h60&list=UU_d2d9QW2NWdL2SUr5c86yA
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 13:26:10 PM by Rosella moggy »

Link to CatChat