Author Topic: Treacle/ Garfield home is ready now and desperately need transport help ASAP .  (Read 16111 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
All sorted ,sorry forgot to update

Ok, thanks will move this now then.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
It gave me a start when I saw this! It seems that my career as fosterer was nipped in the bud - I don't think I would get Mr S to agree again  :(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
All sorted ,sorry forgot to update

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
So glad she's finally ready for him.

Mary

Me too! I do hope you are able to get transport arranged for him.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
So glad she's finally ready for him.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Treacle a new home is now ready for him, but is desperately need help,to get him there .
Have posted in the transport run .
Any help,would be fantastic please.
Thanks a lot.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Re: Treacle/ Garfield with regret needs a loving home .
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2014, 14:59:45 PM »
Thanks Sheila
I think she is looking at around August maybe?
She has two rescue cats supposed to be going to a new home and once they have been picked up she will have the room for him.
I guess it could be anytime really in the next 6 weeks .

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2014, 11:10:51 AM »
Hey that's no problem for me, Gill.

The offer stands to collect him from the M1 if anyone can step up to take him in the London area.

I could keep him here for one or two nights max, after that I'm afraid I have think of my own brood.  :-:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2014, 02:11:37 AM »
Hi,
Unfortunately she hasn't got room as soon as that !
There is someone else interested but she is in Manchester and she can't take him till end of July .
Starting to feel a bit confused over it all  :Crazy:
Just wish I could find him the forever home without all this hanging on and waiting.
I thought she had said middle of July , now she is saying it may be September  !

She is a rescue , but she is going to keep Treacle as her own ,but at the moment no space as she is waiting herself for someone to pick up 2 cats and they seem to be keeping her hanging on too .

Wish someone off here could take him really  :(

Thank you though .

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2014, 21:49:42 PM »
Thanks Sheila.
Have sent them a message to see if that's going to be ok.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2014, 21:42:06 PM »
Both are Service stations on the M1 Gill, I'd check first and make sure his new home in Oxford can be available to receive him on the 14th, if not, there's no point in planning further.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2014, 21:29:15 PM »
Hi Sheila,
Can ypu tell me where ti shelf is please ? Never heard of either of those places :-[
I live inbetween Lincoln and Newark on Trent .
I can't leave Winston too long and I don't have a cat sitter anymore.
I will contact the lady having him to check that date is ok for her.
Leeds is about two hours from me so I can't go that far , will look to,see where the other places are .
Thank you

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2014, 19:35:57 PM »
Ok, logistics. If I get on the M1 at Leeds it will add around 70 miles to my planned journey. If I then detour to Oxford it will add another 50 miles, so I need someone to bring Garfy to the M1 for me - that additional detour to Lincoln would be way too much for me to do in one day - and as I'll have OH in the car I need this to be a smoothe transition  :-:

So I think either Tibshelf or Trowell services would be the sensible option, Gill.

If you can arrange for the Oxford end to be at home on Monday afternoon, and to have Garfy at the services by around 1pm on Monday 14th July, I'll do the rest.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2014, 19:02:33 PM »
I am so glad that this lad's forever home is ready for him now  ;D I am absolutely still ready and willing to take him temporarily but it is obviously better for him if he doesn't have to be moved again.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2014, 22:30:15 PM »
Treacle has been offered a home now in Oxford , he needs to be there around that weekend though .
As my geography is absolutely useless no idea if you are going anywhere near there ! .
I can get from Lincoln to somewhere  on either the A46 or A1 .
Sheryl lives at Grantham and maybe might be able to do Grantham to somewhere .
Sorry its a bit vague,but need to have a look at a map to see if that will help me  :-[

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2014, 19:49:02 PM »
I'm doing a South-North-South run next weekend (12-14 July) if this helps? Will be M1 and M6 but reasonable deviations are acceptable. If someone can get this cat within striking distance of the M1 I can pick him up. If Lyn is still able to take him on, I'll work out the extra travel to Bournemouth.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2014, 05:59:36 AM »
Gill, I am so sorry about your brother :hug: :hug:
I wish I could help with Treacle , if only I had a spare room to do the introduction  :( I hope you find him a good home very soon.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2014, 19:29:03 PM »
Gill,  :hug: I am so sorry about your brother, just wish there was something I could do to help  :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2014, 18:40:59 PM »
So sorry about your brother Gill   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 17:10:07 PM »
He is a bit nervous ,but loves a fuss, he occasionally spits but basically just stays out the way on his own. He isn't nasty to anyone or other cats . He won't let you groom him or anything though , but that will come with time .
In fact he hasn't even bothered to try and get put the garden since I blocked the hole up .

I just have too much on at the moment and my brother is deteriating every few days now , he has been coughing up,blood , so I think the end can't be far off  :'(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 17:11:13 PM by bunglycat »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2014, 16:39:06 PM »
 What is his character, Gill? Is he friendly with people? How about with other animals?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 15:11:11 PM »
Treacle is still looking for a forever home , anyone here help ?
Thanks

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 22:33:03 PM »
Oh a Jeez the last thing he needed was a fall  :( poor man  :hug:

I'm away over the weekend, will make fresh appeals for Treacle when I get home. Asked around a couple of folk at work who own small holdings but no takers. I've got one more to try, my old friend Jayne has a place in Kent and although she's more a horsey and doggie person she might have room for a wee ginger man with a crooked smile.  :briggin:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 22:22:17 PM »
Nothing doing yet with Treacle, taking a while but she said if I could find him a forever home whilst she is still,sorting  out cats and kittens that would be fine, but nobody wants to give him his forever home  :'(

Pandora has been back to the vet hand the steroid injection has worked ,so she had another and just got to keep an eye on her now.
Winston isn't too bad and eating well.
Ginny has  settled in very well and comes to bed every night along with Pandora and the rest are ok touch wood !
Brother has fallen out of bed and very badly bruised his shoulder and is black and blue.
Don't reckon much to the home at all , it's like the Mary Celeste , nobody on reception and hardly see any staff at all!  But he likes it !  I think its because they don't bother him except for pills and meals !
Then again he sleeps most of the time and eats when he is awake and that about it.
I guess he will just go,to,sleep,eventually and not wake up , looking around a couple of months at the most I think now due to the deterioration.
Thanks for asking .

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 22:09:31 PM »
How are you doing, a Gill?  :hug:

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 21:54:26 PM »
I'm so sorry that this doesn't seem to be happening at the moment. I am still happy to take him if transport can be sorted and I have put the word out via other fora I frequent. How old are the kittens that his potential meowmy is fostering?

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2014, 08:27:56 AM »
I agree, it was a long-shot at such short notice. Didn't know til yesterday that my friend's hubby would be going up to Cambridge for the weekend. I also agree that it's a shame that this little lad has to be moved around, especially as he would be confined to my spare room - but sometimes things just can't be helped.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2014, 22:33:04 PM »
Thanks, just don't think anyone can come through at this short notice.

Really wish I could I find him a permanent home though , it's a shame all this moving him about ,poor lad .

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2014, 21:55:29 PM »
No worries, I'm a coiled spring  ;)

Hope you are able to uncoil enough to sleep tonight  :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 21:53:28 PM »
No worries, I'm a coiled spring  ;)

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2014, 13:30:10 PM »
Have put it in the transport section too Sheila, thanks. It's a bit of a long-shot I know and it doesn't give people much time to get something organised so we might still need you!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 13:20:23 PM »
That needs to go in the Transport section Lyn. Hope it works out for everyone. Letme know if I can stil help?

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »
I've had a though - it doesn't happen often! I might be able to get him from Cambridge right the way down to my place if someone could get him to Cambridge? It would need to be either tomorrow or Wednesday as my friend won't be going back up to Cambridge after that until September.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 21:50:38 PM »
Thanks. I remembered about his funny eyes, and why that was thought to be, but had forgotten that he had come from Croatia. How did that come about?

Hope my son doesn't decide to visit while Treacle is here - T will be in son's room and son is rather allergic!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 18:31:40 PM »
I rescued him so he didn't end up back on the streets , he was funny eyes and nobody wanted him.
He is fully vaccinated blood checked fiv negative and in good Heath.
Ginger boy , 3 years old.
Possibly been punched/ kicked in the face  :'(

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 17:09:59 PM »
Thanks so much for the offer of help with transport, I feel very bad that I cannot do anything on that score. It looks as if I need to start getting the spare bedroom ready for our guest of honour.

I don't actually remember this little lad's story, does anyone want to refresh my memory?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 00:27:30 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2:  Little did he know that when he came here from Croatia that he would have everyone caring so much for him.

Good luck ladies  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 22:29:08 PM »
I saw your post in the transport section, Gill. That's incredibly generous offer, Lyn, you really are a star.   ;D I'm in London East and might be able to chip in with part of the relay, if someone can get him as far as the Home Counties I could run him out West, it's time I had a day in the country.

We can keep him for one night if required, in our spare bedroom in the cage. He'd be bored but safe.  ;) I'll pop this on the other thread.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 21:29:17 PM »
Thank you for helping.
He is fine and doesn't need caging at all. He won't let you do anything with him, like cleaning his eyes or grooming ,but he is very affectionate and eats anything really .

Just don't know how to,get him all that way to,you though .
Have posted in the transport section and will see what happens.
Thanks so much again.

Link to CatChat