Author Topic: Treacle/ Garfield home is ready now and desperately need transport help ASAP .  (Read 16106 times)

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Treacle/ Garfield with regret needs a loving home .
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 13:35:22 PM »
I am sorry that things are so hard for you at the moment and am glad if I am able to do a little to help. I'm only able to drive very short distances due to my back problem (about 20 mins tops). Mr S is a cabbie but that is very unpredictable and he can never guarantee where he will be - so maybe asking in the transport section would be a good idea.

Does Treacle need to be caged? I can borrow one if needed. He will have to live in our spare bedroom as I don't want to go through the introductions as he will not be staying. Please feel free to pm me if there is anything else you want to know or tell me.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 00:32:31 AM »
Well someone of another cat forum is taking him, but can't give a date just yet as she has some mother and kittens she rescued that have been ill.
Soon as they are better she will take him ,could only be a few weeks though .
Maybe a transport run could be arranged as I am miles away .
I could drive so far , but not a long way as can't leave Winston in case he has another funny turn.
In fact I hardly leave the house now except to,see my brother and he is deteriating !
I even have been getting my shopping delivered .
Anyone help with transport or shall I ask in the transport section?

It would be really helpful and thank you so much .

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 21:37:08 PM »
We can take him on a temporary basis - as long as he really does have somewhere else to go. The problem is that we are down in Bournemouth...

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 20:17:31 PM »
Ok, that's helpful, thanks Mary.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 20:13:23 PM »
Sheila, she's in Lincoln.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 17:42:48 PM »
Not getting any joy here Gill, not even a sniff. I'll keep trying for you. Where abouts are you?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 23:18:40 PM »
Is there anyone yet that could possibly help, or foster Treacle for a short time?
There is a possible home in Oxford for him ,but not  for a few weeks .
Anything would be appreciated .
Thanks

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 01:49:10 AM »
Mainly local ones and he is on another pet forum .
Winston and Ginny still aren't very well, Cody seems a bit better. None of them have eaten much at all today . It worries me so much , especially as Winston is so frail ( but not thin) although I think he has lost some weight lately. :scared:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 01:29:33 AM »
This is so sad cos he is gorgeous.

What rescues have you contacted?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 21:02:06 PM »
Hoping someone can help,soon as think that's what's stressing my cats out as all have the runs at the moment and Winston is the worst .
May have to have the vet out tomorrow to see them all as can't get them all in the car !
This is so stressful ,I feel like crying !
I just want my cats to be well and healthy  :'( :'(

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 19:41:36 PM »
He's a lovely lad and really deserves a good home, after all he has been though. Fingers crossed for him (and you)!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 22:17:04 PM »
Just read your email asknig me to re-size pic for you Gill.  Looks like you've been able to post the one you had after all but will add one to it for you in case.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 22:05:14 PM »
Hope this isn't too big !

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 19:24:06 PM »
Gill, pop a photo on here, I'll check my contacts and see if anyone has an opening for a farm cat hereabouts, sounds like he would do well as a working cat?

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 19:00:59 PM »
Gill, am so sorry - I wish I could help, but I dont feel we have a home to offer him which would be for his best interests.   :'( :'(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 14:20:25 PM »
Treacle is still looking, he isn't too bad with the other cats , it's mainly Winston he hates , think its because he stares as he is blind  :'(.

Also it's the free roaming I can't cope,with as not used to my cats roaming anywhere only the back garden .unless he was kept as an indoor cat which obviously isn't an option here .
He is off and gone every chance he gets and just comes back for food.
He is staying in the potting shed at the moment , but won't be any good when winter comes.
Anyone help,please ?
Thanks

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 17:16:48 PM »
Gill, I'm so sorry that you are having to contend with this, on top of everything else  :( I do hope that you can find somewhere for Treacle soon so that you can concentrate on the other issues you have to deal with. He looks like a real darling but it does seem that he might be better as an onlycat.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 01:42:13 AM »
I really wish I could find him a home.
He has been put the garden all over today and scratched a neighbour that tried to catch him, Been in at least 4 people's house for food and been through cat flaps .
Can't cope with all this .
Tonight Cody isn't well for some unknown reason .
Feel like I am getting t the end of my tether with all the stress .
Can't understand why the cats keep falling ill either .if it's not one its another !? :tired:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 08:08:09 AM »

Gill, am so sorry to hear this isn't working out, and know this will be pulling your emotions all over the place.

I sincerely hope that a good and loving home where Treacle/Garfield can be an only cat, and the apple of his owner's eye will be found and quickly, because the stress of this on top of Winston's illness is doing you no good at all.    :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 23:17:52 PM »
So sorry this isnt working out and do hope a new home can be found  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 04:00:18 AM »
Thank you Sheila , I feel really bad about this .
I wish you  could have him then I know he would be well,looked after and loved .

At the moment I am too scared to,even go to bed in case Winston takes ill again.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 03:18:26 AM »
Oh Gill, it's completely understandable, and my heart is breaking knowing how hard this decision has been, but I also can see it's the right one for all of you, especially Winston.

I wish I could help, we're full up  otherwise I'd take Garf in a second as he sounds very much Tuftyclub material  :Luv:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Unfortunately things aren't working out with him .
He seems to have taken a dislike badly to Winston, think its possibly because Winston can't see and will just wander in his own sweet way and sometimes that's into the other cats who are used to him.

So plus him being an escape artist as well , I really don't need the other two young ones following his lead and spending my days looking round the fields for three or 4 cats every day .
Plus with Winstons illness now ,he just needs peace and quiet and not a 3 year old spitting and hissing at him.

Garfield/ Treacle is 3 years old, ginger and absolutely no health issues, blood tested , vaccinated and neutered .
Spotlessly clean , always uses his litter tray and overly affectionate .
With hindsight I should have realized it was going to be too much ,but as I didn't want any more harm to come to him, I let my heart rule my head.
I just have too much stress going on and need to put Winston first.
Please can anyone offer him a loving home ?
Thank you .
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 13:22:04 PM by bunglycat »

Link to CatChat