Author Topic: A VERY BIG THANKYOU  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: A VERY BIG THANKYOU
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 23:41:30 PM »
Sp Thats bloomin wonderful thing to do  ;D :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: I am sure any bits and pieces given to the rescues will be so very gratefully received and the best way i can wish for for saying thanks.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 11:32:53 AM »
I just wanted to make anyone new to purrs aware that these are some of the most loveliest people i have EVER had the pleasure to chat too. All the hard work the rescue centres have to do to find all the poor fur babies new homes and raise money to make the sick ones better or at least care for them until the journey to rainbow bridge.

I myself since coming on here have received so much help, kindness and encouragement in times of sadness and needing urgent advice, I cant thank you all enough.

I have draughted an email to all my friends asking them to have their summer house clearouts and to take what they have to their nearest CPL or animal rescue centres. Maybe anyone that has also been lucky enough to receive good advice could do the same

Thankyou each and everyone of you especially those responsible for this wonderful site

xxxxxxx

Ditto to everything Smudge said. Dunno what I'd do without the lot of you  :hug:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 21:54:31 PM »
I just wanted to make anyone new to purrs aware that these are some of the most loveliest people i have EVER had the pleasure to chat too.

]Where did you sat I needed to send the cheque? ;D Thank you

oh Just make it out to the CPL  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 21:25:55 PM »
Awww SP that is such a lovely post i have to say when i first found Catchat ( back in the old days LOL) i could not believe that there were other like minded cat lovers out there and people really did help me out it made me feel accepted and the advice i have received has been invaluable..

Well done on the email lets hope it raises some awareness xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 20:44:52 PM »
That is a lovely thing to do, and i hope it raises some awareness.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 18:14:44 PM »
How lovely Smudge ... I know you've had more than your fair share of bad times recently and it's nice to know "we" your cyber friends have been able to help in some small way.  :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 17:54:55 PM »
What a lovely tribute Smudgepickles. I agree this is a very loving and caring site. I personally have made friends with many on here.  You have been through the mill yourself, you have had a tough few months. I am so glad that you felt the comfort from us.  :hug:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 17:51:32 PM »
This is the email to all my friends far and wide

every little helps

xxxx

Hia all my darlings

yes its me, I know you all thought I had dissapeared  off the face of the earth, but a few things have made it impossible to reply to each and everyone of you individually. I will catch up with all my individual emai'sl when time permits.

I am in need of a huge favour and I know how much you all like to help those in need, thats why we are all such good friends. I have been helped over the past few months with all the cats from some exceptionally lovely and caring people I have met on their wonderful cat room......here comes the favour.

The cat rescue centres are in desperate needs of funds as so many cats and kittens are being abandoned and just dumped. They do an absolute marvelous job but just dont have the funds to make ends meet. I know like me you all have your summer clear outs of clothes and those unwanted presents or even those jars of pennies. I wondered if you would be kind enough to donate them to the Cats protection league shops and any cats charity.

If you do not know where your local shops are just email me back (I will reply asap) they really really need funds.

I know we have heaps to catch up on and as I say when time permits I will I promise

In the meantime take care of yourselves and we all send our love
Always
H
x

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 17:33:14 PM »
I couldn't agree with you more Smudgepickles.

Everyone is so caring and sincere, it's brought a few tears to my eyes from words of encouragement and support from the members on this site.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 16:51:18 PM »
this was a thankyou post Lisa could you remove the comments about two faced people please. without ALL of these people I probably would have given up in the last couple of months

Thanks
x

DONE

MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 16:50:04 PM »
this was a thankyou post Lisa could you remove the comments about two faced people please. without ALL of these people I probably would have given up in the last couple of months

Thanks
x

DONE

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 16:47:04 PM »

Thanks
x

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 16:45:05 PM »
thats a nice post sp

i agree a few on this site are diamonds  :hug:

EDITED ================================================
and its the nice ones that has made me stay a member since early march  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
and im glad i did join and im glad ive stayed a member as i feel i learn something new everyday  :wow: :wow:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 16:49:43 PM by forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa) »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 16:34:40 PM »
What a lovely post, Smudge  :Luv:

I have been told, by people who are members of several forums, that this is one of the most generous-sprited on the Internet, and I can well believe it.  We have so many really lovely members, as well as some truly remarkable ones.

It's a great idea to spread the word about much-needed funds too!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 16:05:23 PM »
I just wanted to make anyone new to purrs aware that these are some of the most loveliest people i have EVER had the pleasure to chat too.

]Where did you sat I needed to send the cheque? ;D Thank you
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 17:47:55 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
A VERY BIG THANKYOU
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 16:01:43 PM »
I just wanted to make anyone new to purrs aware that these are some of the most loveliest people i have EVER had the pleasure to chat too. All the hard work the rescue centres have to do to find all the poor fur babies new homes and raise money to make the sick ones better or at least care for them until the journey to rainbow bridge.

I myself since coming on here have received so much help, kindness and encouragement in times of sadness and needing urgent advice, I cant thank you all enough.

I have draughted an email to all my friends asking them to have their summer house clearouts and to take what they have to their nearest CPL or animal rescue centres. Maybe anyone that has also been lucky enough to receive good advice could do the same

Thankyou each and everyone of you especially those responsible for this wonderful site

xxxxxxx

Link to CatChat