Author Topic: May be a bit of a silly question  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: May be a bit of a silly question
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 06:59:30 AM »

Gently does it, I think, is the key.   :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 01:00:34 AM »
So pleased you have made a great decision  :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 13:07:35 PM »
The only 'right' answer is what is right for you. I am glad that you have reached that decision  :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 11:48:27 AM »
Thank you for all of your replies - sorry for the late response from myself, holiday over - back to work  :sick: :evillaugh:

I think what you've all made me realise is that i'm not ready to let them go yet - I think I can a few, but the ones that lay foremost in my memories of the cats laying with them will need to remain.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me decide the best solution.  :thanks:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 22:26:30 PM »
We have urban foxes who never get the love and comfort of a home environment. But whenever I have "spare" toys I pop them outside the gate and they've always gone in the morning.

I hope this doesn't seem cold, but toys are just that, toys.  A special cuddle bear or blanket might well mean more to you, so do keep one to remind you of them, but the rest can always be gratefully recycled by natures own.

:hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 21:11:42 PM »
Not a silly question at all.  However, I think the heart of the question is not whether your bridge babies would mind.  They wouldn't.  It's more about whether you're ready to let go.  Allowing the toys to go, doesn't mean you're betraying your beloved babies - what is clear from your post, is that you loved them greatly.  :hug:

We keep these things for as long as we need in the healing process. 

They wont hold it against you if you let their things go.    :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 19:53:05 PM »
I hold on to all my Bridge cats things..............cant look at them and will never let them go.

I agree that if you feel you want to let them move on do it but you must make sure you are ready  :hug: :hug:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 19:02:45 PM »
With our dogs and cats I keep their number one toy and that's it.  I always think my fur babies at the rainbow bridge can get the same toys up there.  I even imagined huge places as big as a barn where they can go in a pick their favourite toys off the shelves.

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 18:17:19 PM »
 :'(

Miroslav, your post brought tears to my eyes.

When our last dear boy went to the Bridge I held onto his toys and his basket for years. I just couldn't bear the thought of parting with them. Eventually, I felt ready to pass them on to local cat rescue (where our dear Munchkin came from) so I knew they had gone to a good home.

Do it only when you feel able to is my advice.  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 17:45:09 PM »
Miroslav  :hug: I don't think cats really have much sentiment. If you are ready to let the toys go then I'm 100% certain that your rainbow bridge babies will understand.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
May be a bit of a silly question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 17:39:15 PM »
I'm having a spring clean - I have too much!  :wow:

I have stumbled across my cats old cat toys - mainly cuddly toys. They need a bit of a wash.

4 of my 5 babies died between 2009 and 2012 - one remains with us but she has no interest in the cuddly toys apart from 2 she currently has (and she isn't really that into them).

They are of no use to me anymore but I feel guilty for wanting to get rid of them for space purposes.

Please note these toys they just laid on as pillows and only had them for a couple of years.

I'm trying to convince myself that they will forgive me and will understand.

What have/would others do?

Thanks  :sick:

Link to CatChat