Author Topic: Feeding question  (Read 1416 times)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Re: Feeding question
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 20:20:48 PM »
I would too, I did feed my two kitten food til they were one, but I think the important thing is to get some food in him. he may need to eat more as kitten food has more calories in, so do make sure he is putting weight on.

Maybe supplement with some kitten milk?
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 14:42:30 PM »
Yes I would let him eat it  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 14:38:58 PM »
It won't make that much difference really I know my 2 Bengals whoa re 20 weeks have been mooching adult food for the last 4 weeks and I still put out the kitten food which the adults eat!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tempest

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jasmine
Feeding question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 13:02:48 PM »
We adopted a new rescue kitten, Ernie, about weeks ago now and he's now about 17 weeks old :) At the rescue he was on royal canin kitten dried food and I've gradually been swapping him over to arden grange kitten as our adult cats have the adult version of this. We do have issues with him eating their food and vice versa but we try to minimise this. He wasn't having any wet food at the rescue cattery so I bought 6 boxes of hilife kitten chicken pate and he hates it! I've tried whiskas and felix kitten and he's not impressed with those either! Our adult girls have hilife tuna flavour and he's mad for it - he tries to barge them out the way to eat it! I'm just wondering if he's able to have it even though it's an adult brand? He is already neutered so I don't know if that makes a difference.?

Link to CatChat