Author Topic: Temporary home needed for 3 females, West Midlands/birmingham/Warwickshire (Sorted)  (Read 3770 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
That's good news, hopefully it won't be for too long.  I'll move this to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Wallcat

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Charlie Woodstock
Thank you all for your input. A good friend has now offered to have them. We have turned her garage into a feline paradise with a choice of sleeping places, scratching post, bIts of carpet etc. Eventually, they will access to her garden.
They were grumpy for a few hours but have now settled.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Ay news?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
I actually think they are safer where they are, Wallcat. Cats in long term cattery/rescue situations do get used to it quite quickly, and although there's still months to go before your son can fetch them home again (I'm wondering if it's flood damage?) they are at least safe and well.

The other problem you may have of course (aside from them scooting off and never being seen again, that is) is the potential affection the temporary guardian may attach to them - you could end up with broken hearts too.

I have 8/9 cats at present and know that it takes very little time for one to become bonded with these little souls.  :scared:

I wish you luck whatever happens.  :hug:

Offline Wallcat

• Kitten
Thank you. We now have an offer from a friend who says they could live in her garage and have the use of her garden. We  are a bit concerned about them making a break for freedom although as they haven't been at their own home for 3 months I think it's unlikely, especially as they've lived on two different places in the meantime.

They would have bedding and food and toys and my son could go there and look after them himself. I think that as the winter is over it could work.

Any thoughts?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Hi,

Sorry that your son is in this situation.  Family or friends would really be the best option if possible, if you do find someone you know and trust they would need to ensure that they keep the cats in for at least 3 weeks so they don't try finding their way back to their old home though.  If that's not possible then you could try contacting rescues in your area, they sometimes have fosterers and you may know you may be lucky, do let them know that the cats aren't available for rehoming though.  If not they may know of someone who can help.  You'll find a list of rescues if you click on your your area on the map here:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

Best of luck!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
This is such a difficult one Wallcat  :hug: 

You will appreciate the majority of Purrs members will, like you, already have cats sharing their home.  We for instance already have seven and we couldn't think of disturbing the current order of things when your son's cats are currently safe and presumably well looked after? 

I didn't want to reply to your post in such a negative way but don't want you to think that a lack of response was through members not caring  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Wallcat

• Kitten
Please can someone help? My son had to leave his house in November and we now fear he may not be able to return before the end of june.
His three much loved cats have been in a cattery for over 3 months and it seems sad to leave them there without access to much outside space. We desperately want to find someone who would take them in and  settle them as if they were being rehomed until things return to normal.
We would, of course, pay all expenses.
They are a mother and 2 daughters, all spayed and all vaccinated.

I would love to have them at home with me but with 2 feline residents of my own it would be impossible.

Any offers? Or does anyone have any idea where we could go for help?

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:49:19 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat