Author Topic: Need to transport my three cats from Derry, Northern Ireland to Birmingham (link provided)  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Ben, Jerry, Archie and Zelda
Thank you! :)

I will be flying as I have to go before week 36 of my pregnancy. OH has to stay longer as he has exams in uni until the end of May. We can't hire a car, companies in Northern Ireland don't hire out to under 25s (I am 22, will be 23 at time of travel) and there is no guarantee I will fit behind a wheel. OH doesn't drive so he won't be able to do it and as we are covering all costs ourselves, it's becoming more and more expensive to pay for a car on the boat.

I have found out today that OH can take them on the boat as a foot passenger and put them into the kennels on the boat. He can also stay with them in the kennels so it will calm them down. We've also got Feliway spray to put on any bedding for them, which will also help calm them down. All we need to do it sort out a lift to the ferry port in Belfast and a lift from Liverpool to Brum, both in cats so we can put a dog crate in the boots, thereby reducing the amount of time the boys are in their carrier.

And all of this hooha because the family member who is coming over to pick up our furniture and boxes refuses to take the cats with him.

Hopefully is right, wish it wasn't so flipping difficult though!!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
BR has updated other thread with travel plans Helen.  Sounds like plans almost finalised  :crossed:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,44504.0/topicseen.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
:1st place: on your impending arrival  :wow:

How were you planning on getting there? I think it would be really expensive for 3 cats, if you're driving it may be just as well to bite the bullet and transport them yourself - even if you had to hire a car to do so.

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
Re: Transport companies?
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 15:23:04 PM »
I will change title and link to the new topic, thanks Gill  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 13:11:43 PM »
Here is new post.......would you like to change title of this one? If so go to first post change titele and the to reply and say changed title or something and the title will be changed  ;D

Blue Rabbit
Adult Cat

Slave to: Ben, Jerry, Archie and Humph

Need to transport my three cats from Derry, Northern Ireland to Birmingham

« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:46:54 »

Modify
Remove

I need to take my three boys from  Derry in the west of Northern Ireland to Birmingham for as cheaply as possible. We're currently trying to rope in friends/family to help out, but can anyone recommend a cheap courier in the meantime please?

Having to move them because we are relocating back to Birmingham to have our baby closer to my family.

We are looking to move them after the end of May, week beginning 26th May in all likelihood.

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:44:18 PM »
Ok, will do, thanks!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:39:29 PM »
Think you should also put in the other section but also think you need to give it a better title.............ie Need to transport my 3 cats from etc

Why you need to transport them may also help

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 15:24:16 PM by Blue Rabbit »

Link to CatChat