Author Topic: going back to the rescue tomorrow  (Read 1860 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: going back to the rescue tomorrow
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 12:43:57 PM »
It's always a worry when there's GA involved. But I'm sending my very strongest vibes that Jessica will be just fine  :hug: and will be all ready for you by the week-end.  :)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 08:11:05 AM »
Jess is going to the vets for neutering today, very nervous for her. The rescue said if we dont hear anything everything went well, for once I really hope ne news is good news

Offline KittyNic

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Sam, Codex, Jacob, Munchkin & Chutney too!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 18:01:17 PM »
So pleased you've decided to give another kitty a home.

I'm positive Bella will appreciate the company. :-)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 16:11:58 PM »
Be ready for some angry scenes at first, Bella may accept this baby readily or she may dislike her and want to protect your daughter, so tread slowly and carefully.  :new here:

I'm so delighted for you, have you got a name for the newbie yet?  ;D

Pips wants to call her jessica (no idea why) i want to call her jess and dh wants to call her socks, i'm pretty sure she'll be called jess  :shify:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 15:48:23 PM »
Be ready for some angry scenes at first, Bella may accept this baby readily or she may dislike her and want to protect your daughter, so tread slowly and carefully.  :new here:

I'm so delighted for you, have you got a name for the newbie yet?  ;D

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 13:37:29 PM »
We'll we went, spoke to the staff about our family and we met some very lovely black and white kittens. There were three but as soon as I handled one she started purring and didnt want me to let her go. I melted and so weve reserved her, shes going for neutering tomorrow and we can collect her next saturday as long as everything goes well. She actually reminded me of how bella was when we met her for the first time. Very excited for next weekend now  :Luv: . Forgot to take a photo of her but will take lots next weekend

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »
I'm so excited for you.  I can't wait to hear about a new kitty coming to the house.  I am sure Bella will be fine with a good introduction, you know what cats are like, one need proper etiquette or they get miffy.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »
Thanks, im going between very nervous and excited this morning. Bella is from yorkshire cat rescue so we'll be going up there this morning

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:26:02 AM »
You're doing it exactly the right way, have a look at the introductions advice on the health and behaviour bit of Purrs for a refresher, then be guided by the wonderful folk at Yorkshire Cat Rescue ( I think that was where you got Bella?)  :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
going back to the rescue tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 22:12:00 PM »
For a long time now we've been thinking of getting another cat/kittten. We feel we have the space and time for another so going to have a chat to them tomorrow.  Im really nervous as although I'd love another I really dont want to upset bella. She gets on ok with most of the neighbourhood cats when she went out but I know that doesnt mean she'd accept another.  Really torn as to what to do, dh really thinks another would be a good idea and my heart is saying go for it but my head isnt so sure. We can divide the house up to keep them separate but not as a long term thing.

Link to CatChat