Author Topic: PLEASE  (Read 1545 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: PLEASE
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 18:33:29 PM »
I actually thought I'd signed it too but it let me sign.

Maybe some councils do have scanners, I'm not sure.

I know when Smudge went missing back in September 2008 I would have given anything to know where he was. I finally found him in April 2009, dead on the side of the road.  If the council had taken him I would still have been going out every day looking for him but a lady walking her dog saw him and phoned me.

Thanks guys.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 09:02:22 AM »
Signed.  I though Councils already scanned for chips but hey how that's probably wrong.  I've spoken recently to my Council about a dead cat pick up and they said they did scan them, but that may just be my local offices.

I've brought two scanners now, one small white one (it didn't work on my dogs chip) and I've ordered a Halo scanner as well.  We've had 3 dead cats in the last few months and I can't get to my vet without a taxi or very cooperative brother (which he usually isn't) as they like to check out the chips.

I suppose I like collars (safe ones) for this very reason they are visual and people know the cat has a loving home somewhere.  All the cats round here don't wear them so you don't know if they are owned (unless you see them regally sitting in the window).

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 07:42:14 AM »
Have also signed this previously.  It's such an important factor to cat owners, and sadly too few councils have anything in place to cover what they class as "waste"  :'( :'(

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 21:53:54 PM »
It won't let me sign from my phone, but I think I might of signed it before too.

It would be fantastic if they could make this happen...
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 21:49:26 PM »
Seems I've already signed Mary.  I raised this with my MP a while back Mary. 

She (Gisella Stuart) raised it for me with Government minister  .............. unsuccessfully  :(  but very much an issue close to my heart   :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 20:59:18 PM »
Will you sign this petition:

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/53894

I know we have a special section for this but I wanted a lot more people to see it as I know it would put so many peoples' minds at ease if they knew WHERE their cat was and this will help.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Link to CatChat