Author Topic: Best Cat Water and Food Dispensers?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline tom_tom

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Zeus & Phoebe
Re: Best Cat Water and Food Dispensers?
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »
Ok that's something I never knew... ok guess it off shopping for new bowls

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 08:11:18 AM »
I don't hold myself out as any expert Tom  :shy: but I'm not a fan of plastic generally any more.  Granted we have more than usual cat numbers here but we have had a couple of run ins with feline acne.  The cause is unknown but .........

"The use of plastic food bowls is commonly discouraged, especially in cats with feline acne. This is because they are porous and trap bacteria, which is then transferred to the cat's chin. It has also been suggested that an allergic reaction to the plastic food bowl is a cause"

Offline tom_tom

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 23:18:34 PM »
Are you still in Saudi?  Only mention it so folks can tailor there reply accordingly. 

Sorry unable to suggest anything except normal crock or metal bowl (not plastic) for the water

Hi Rosella / folks
Are we saying plasic water bowls a no no generally, or just for Saudi due to the heat / high temps?
Reason I ask is our two bengals started off with a small(ish) metal bowl but kept on wanting to drink at the same time but both couldn't fit  >:(  :rofl:  so I recently replaced the small metal ones with large plastic mixing bowls - seems to be ok I fink  :doh:

Please let me knnow if not  :-[

Thanks
Tom

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:33:47 AM »
Are you still in Saudi?  Only mention it so folks can tailor there reply accordingly. 

Sorry unable to suggest anything except normal crock or metal bowl (not plastic) for the water and maybe put a few ice cubes in as I imagine temps in Saudi are a bit warmer than here  ;)

Tom Tom's suggestion for the feeder sounds good.

Think I'd stay clear of this one  :evillaugh:     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJeVyN8LWbs

Oh dear, you don't have any bengals do you?  :shify:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrCbdMMYVQ
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:42:08 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline tom_tom

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 22:51:21 PM »
Hi

Not sure about water dispensers but i am keen to see what folks say, but I have recently invested in the Catmate C20 feeder for our two little munchkins Munchkits.

I went for the C20 over 2x C10 single feeders as the C20 has a Ice pack which is stored under the two food trays, where the C10's dont. It is powered from 1x AA battery and has a clockwork type timer - not at home now but think it has a 48hr time setting, used it a few times while we have been for day trips out to give dispense their tea so far so good, lids opened and food gone when we've arrived back does what it says on the tin  :)

Hope this helps
Tom

Offline Hightime

• Kitten
Best Cat Water and Food Dispensers?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 18:07:50 PM »
Hello folks,

What would you guys recommend as the best non-electric water and food dispensers for two cats?  I say non-electric because where I am I can't be dealing with filters for the water dispenser, etc., need it to be simple and effective.  Would be interested to hear your feedback.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 18:10:00 PM by Hightime »

Link to CatChat