Author Topic: Post op protection  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Post op protection
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 16:41:09 PM »
have used babies teeshirts and a new comfy collar would be good - the inside does come out and if you have a puncture repair kit could be saved they are worth their weight in gold, speedy recovery
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 16:20:42 PM »
See if you can adapt a baby-vest?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 15:06:45 PM »
Get a new inflatable.............treat current one like a bike inner tube, blow up put under water and find where where air escaping and put a patch on it

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
Post op protection
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 13:18:20 PM »
Poor Kitty had her op yesterday and is not a happy kitty.  I tried the plastic collar but all she did was the 'backward' walk and was obviously more distressed than I was prepared to accept.  So she now has an inflatable one on - but I think it has a puncture as I have to keep blowing it up.  I remember years ago when I had dogs (Cavaliers, so only small) I made a kind of tunic from an old tea towel which had leg holes and pinned on the back.  Has anyone else any bright ideas.

Link to CatChat