Author Topic: Out Door Cat Zone Begun  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Out Door Cat Zone Begun
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 18:24:02 PM »
That's wonderful! There are very few ferals where I live now, but there were lots in my previous area. The world needs more people who care about the feral population. Making use of available space is a great way to go.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 15:13:08 PM »
well done and hope some cats take up your offer  ;D ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 14:31:33 PM »
That is lovely! I never see strange cats here, but I'm guessing there must be ferals somewhere around!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 13:13:27 PM »
ooooh sounds lovely .... I'm sure your ferals will be pleased with it.

There are loads of ideas for "feral houses" on the internet but this is a good one: http://www.feralcatcaretakers.org/Caretaking/FeedStations.html

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
Out Door Cat Zone Begun
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »
With all the dreadful weather that has been going on recently I've been really worried about the feral and stray cat population, so much so I've begun a cat zone in our lean too, and hope to put one in our shed.  The shed has a foot clearance under the door so any animal can come and go as they please.

Last night I got  a very sturdy cardboard box, put it on it's side and put in an old towel and cardigan I never wear to make it snuggly.  I put these on top of our recycling totes so it has a nice step up, out of the drafts, with  a clear entrance to the lean to door which is always open.  The door isn't our back door so no security worries there. 

I've also looked at some beds/igloo on Ebay and there are lot going cheap so I hope to get on one of those to put in it's place then move said box into our shed so two beds.  I already put out food for the foxes/wild life etc. 

We have had one success story already, the Xmas before last my neighbour got friendly with a stray black cat (very much like a Bombay) who he later adopted to become a house cat with his other resident moggies.

This all helps me with my cat withdrawl symptoms,  I have a cat chasing dog and Asthma so need to take the next cat into the house slowly or after a test etc.  I am hoping I can live with my own cat etc like some Asthmatics do but we shall see.  Whatever happens I'm helping out the local moggy population.

Link to CatChat