Author Topic: Dreamies  (Read 2696 times)

Offline beowulf

• Adult Cat
  • Willow and Jessie's provider
  • Slave to: Willow and Jessie-Moo
Re: Dreamies
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
addicted to cat treats????  eeew!  :sick:

guess its cheaper than smoking  ;D

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 20:02:31 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 19:07:44 PM »
OMG and she's called Mary  :evillaugh:  Not me honest  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 17:22:52 PM »
I looked up dreamies online to see if they have changed their recipe and found this article about a woman who's addicted to cat treats  :shocked:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2197968/Addicted-cat-food-Woman-eats-900-kitty-treats-day.html

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 13:01:09 PM »
Cheese dreamies are firm favourites here! Haven't bought any for a while (as I had a good stock of them) so wouldn't know if they have changed the recipe recently or anything like that.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 08:22:51 AM »
Archie and Parki still like dreamies at the mo :)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 18:43:17 PM »
Normally I would just think they are being fussy but it's surprising that they both have gone off them at the same time.

I'm going to try them on some other treats but it's a shame as dreamies have always been their favourite.

Offline Amelia190

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Pepsi
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 17:58:53 PM »
Our two are not keen on the cheese ones to be honest.

Neither's mine, she much prefers the meaty dreamies. Maybe it's just the cheese ones?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 14:03:02 PM »
Dreamies are still popular here. Definitely no spitting out!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 21:30:57 PM »
The Clan cats can take or leave Dreamies :shocked:  but will stalk me to death for any of the Whiskas Kitbits they are all crunchy and we have no spit out at all and Tesco have them on offer for £1.00 a tub as Daddy discovered when we bought 2 of each kinf will get me through the next 2 weeks its a tub a night here :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 21:07:50 PM »
OMG spitting out Dreamies - unheard of.

Maybe they just fancy a change?  I give Bonnie other treats in between, weebox, temptations etc.

They are most probably just being cats and being awkward  :evillaugh: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 15:04:58 PM »
The ones they have been crunching and spitting out are the Salmon flavour. I've just given them one each of the chicken ones that I've brought from Sainsburys and they have both crunched them and then spat them out. Very strange  :shocked:

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 13:29:55 PM »
Our two are not keen on the cheese ones to be honest. I have had some that seemed kind of sticky on the outside so maybe air has gotten in the bad and made them go a bit off so your cats don't like them?
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »
Spoilt, as if you could think such a thing :shify: They haven't been given any extra treats over christmas apart from some tuna. We are vegans so don't have any meat around for them to eat and they don't actually eat any that I've brought especially for them. So cat treats are their only real treat. I have reduced the amount they have and they aren't crunching them now. I'm also going to go up to Sainsbury's today to see if I can find them some different treats. Can't have no treats for them over the new year.

Offline Amelia190

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Pepsi
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 19:48:28 PM »
I haven't found that, my cat still adores them. Maybe the shop you've got them from have a bad batch? 

Offline A Cat Called Dog

• Kitten
  • Jem Vanston, Author of 'A Cat Called Dog'
  • Slave to: Honey and Bumble
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 14:53:03 PM »
Gosh no - our two cats adore Dreamies! I have never known them turn up their nose at any flavour - I never remember which flavour they have anyway because they love em all!

They do however shun the pouches they usually love after they have gorged themselves of roast chicken and other delicacies.

Maybe your cats need to develop more of a hunger? Maybe they're just not hungry to turn their nose up at Dreamies. Or maybe - just maybe - they are like ours, a wee bit...(shhh keep your voice down)...spoilt?

Your cats could therefore be suffering from FTS - Full Tummy Syndrome. Not a cause for concern and readily cured by a bit of exercise and smaller portions at breakfast!

Merry Christmas all!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
Dreamies
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »
Does anyone know if the recipe for dreamies has changed? My two don't seem that keen on them anymore. When I give them their treat ball etc they seem to crunch them and spit them out. Has anyone else found this?

Link to CatChat