Author Topic: Cat Litter Tray Mats  (Read 2609 times)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
Re: Cat Litter Tray Mats
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 19:45:34 PM »
i just bought a cheap door mat and wedged it under the edge of the litter tray, does the trick and i just vac it every now and again

Offline Ambersmum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 18:22:27 PM »
I found a mat for £2.99 in B&M's saying Posh Paws Residence which I thought suited our two!!!!

Only got it yesterday but it seems to be doing the trick, might be buying another one for their other tray!!!!!

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 16:41:27 PM »
I'm just resigned to vaccuming up the bits.  I know my place :rofl:.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 12:27:05 PM »
I bought the ones made from pvc but have like a scrambles of threads bedded in to top.

This worked great until someone did a pee on the mat - and all the (clumping) litter that had accumulated in the wooly bit then set solid  :doh:

Not too practical for wiping paws on either cos they just jumped out of the box to avoid touching it, spraying litter even further.   >:(

The one Susanne showed a link to looks promising though...

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 07:00:16 AM »
The problem with buying a plain bath mat or similar is that they don't have the indentations that catch the litter.  The one I have (above) is only £3.99.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 01:33:59 AM »
I agree there. Plenty of places like poundland or poundworld stores. We have three stores within five minutes of each other. There are always some kind of rubber mats available that do the job just as well. They are useful under the tray to stop it slipping around. I get my cats pet blankets from those pound shops. He always has a few available to make his baskets comfy.  :shify:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 23:47:20 PM »
 :welcome:

Don't use them, never seen them so I don't know how much they are. If they are expensive how about using a rubber bath mat?  Bet you could buy one in the £1 shop.  I bought my mum one a few months ago in Morrisons for about £3.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 20:51:51 PM »
My Billy, has a rubber mat from PAH for under his litter tray. It's quite useful . Stops the tray sliding around. He has had it a very long time now. Not that they appreciate these things really. Just take them for granted.  :shify:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 20:30:10 PM »
Yes I use a litter mat.  It does catch a lot of litter.  I still get lots around the house of course but, judging by the amount in the mat, less than I would have without the mat.

This is the one I have

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter_litter_boxes/deo_accessoires/litter_box_mats/99932

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 19:55:25 PM »
Sorry dont use anything

Offline Ambersmum

• Adult Cat
Cat Litter Tray Mats
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 18:31:01 PM »
Does anyone have the cat litter mats that we've seen in Pets At Home and online?

We're always getting litter trailed about the house, up the stairs etc and wondered if these mats would help but don't want to spend a lot of money if they don't make any difference!

Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

Link to CatChat