Author Topic: Monthly cat gift box - we need your help!  (Read 5006 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Monthly cat gift box - we need your help!
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 21:29:00 PM »
And I would like to add The great peeps at Cat Hampurr also have given a special discount to Purrs members (adult and up)

Just take a look ere  ;D

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,45211.0.html

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Offline CatHampurr

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kooki & cats throughout the UK!
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 08:50:21 AM »
Hi all,

Wow, was it really 8 months since our last update and almost 12 since our first post??  :wow:

As we're getting involved in the Purrs auction this year we thought you might like to know what we've been getting up to since you all so kindly filled in out survey all that time ago. As planned we did launch the service in May and have just shipped the 6th box to lucky kitties all over the UK. So far we've sent out hundreds of boxes, the response has been amazing, we've also attended one of the UK's largest pet shows and will be at Supreme in a few weeks time. We'll also be taking orders for our Christmas themed box in the next 2 weeks!

Thanks to your initial feedback and the feedback we've received since launch the service has changed a little. We now offer a bi-monthly box (one box every other month) and a double helpings box (2 boxes every month) along with our monthly subscription.

The box has evolved a little too  (thins is our spooky  October Hampurr) ;)

Once again thanks to the Purrs community for all invaluable feedback and support throughout 2014!

:thanks:

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kooki
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 19:00:29 PM »
Hi All,

We wanted to thank everybody for all their feedback both on the forum and via our quick survey. We got lots of interesting and useful feedback and you've definitely helped to shape the way we've moved this forward.

In terms of an update we've moved very quickly and are planning to launch the website in April with the first monthly boxes being shipped in May. We've secured a number of great brands who are wanting to work with us (if you've been following us on social media you'll know who many of them are!)

We're still interested in getting more feedback so if anybody has anything else please let us know!

The Cat Hampurr team ^..^

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 22:40:14 PM »
Thank you!  :hug:

Offline KittyNic

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Sam, Codex, Jacob, Munchkin & Chutney too!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 20:21:50 PM »
Nice work on the new name. :-)

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 18:28:51 PM »
 :) Thanks! We love it too!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 15:29:36 PM »
 :wow:  Love it .... a Cat Hampurr .... genius.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 14:14:46 PM »
We'll definitely be looking at competitions and giveaways, we love them too!

We have a new name by the way guys "Cat Hampurr" What do you think?

Don't forget to fill in the survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C6P65QX 

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »
How about one every 3 or 4 months?so that people/cats receive more expensive"stuff",then maybe a draw a couple of times a year-i love a competition lol.

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 07:34:06 AM »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 22:16:21 PM »
If I think of any other ideas / questions I'll let you  ;)

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 21:54:46 PM »
Yes, that's understandable and this type of personalisation would be great but it could prove difficult to manage hundreds of boxes with specific and differing needs in each so it's something we'll need to look into.

I think we'll definitely be looking at bi-monthly boxes so thanks for that feedback.

Done.
I did find a website that offers this in the UK already, but what put me off using it is that you can't specify any extra instructions (so, for example, I would like to be able to request that I not receive chewy cat treats very often, as one of them has no teeth, but can hoover up all other treats and it doesn't seem fair to him to miss out too often).
Would also like the option of bi-monthly boxes (and would probably up the value of them but have them less often)
 :)

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 21:46:12 PM »
Hi, thanks for your post, being cat owners we also only use safety break away collars.

We were originally thinking about including a cat collar for special occasions such as the Christmas / December box as most cat owners like to buy their cats a new collar for Christmas so though by including a collar it would be a bit extra special.  We used to run a pet website selling pet products including cat collars (only the break away type) so we know that every cat, and cat owners are individual and have their own taste so maybe including a discount voucher for a cat collar or ID tag from a well known pet stores in a box would be a nice idea? .... maybe in the October or November box so it gives the customer time to purchase that special cat collar?

My cats need collars for the cat-flap magnets but even Alfie doesn't manage to lose one a month these days! I prefer to choose the collars myself so that I can be sure they have the safety 'break away' that I like to use. Although I like Alf to look smart, safety is the first concern.

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 21:30:25 PM »
Hi Sam!

Great questions, thanks!

Would you offer different size boxes - We've actually thought about this slightly differently in terms of a cat's age. So we'd look at a kitten box, cat box and senior box. This may not be available from day one but is definitely something we'd work towards.

Would people have to sign up for a minimum quantity or would you be free to cancel at any time - Currently the thinking is there would be a one off gift box which does not require a subscription, and subscriptions on a 1, 3 and 6 month rolling basis. That said, there is likely to be a cancel at any time policy.

Would you offer different options other than monthly ... every other month or quarterly - We'd not thought of that, it's definitely worth looking into - thanks!  That way if the customer thought a box should last their cat 2 months lets say they could opt for the every other month subscription offer .... that would also cover the different sized box question

Will you cater to allergies etc? - This is a tough one, we really need to balance the ability to keep costs down but also consider individual cats needs. There are so many possible allergies, illnesses and issues cat's can have it could be really difficult to manage this. Again, possibly not something we could do at first but maybe further down the line.

Thanks again for the ideas and questions

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 21:17:58 PM »
Done.
I did find a website that offers this in the UK already, but what put me off using it is that you can't specify any extra instructions (so, for example, I would like to be able to request that I not receive chewy cat treats very often, as one of them has no teeth, but can hoover up all other treats and it doesn't seem fair to him to miss out too often).
Would also like the option of bi-monthly boxes (and would probably up the value of them but have them less often)
 :)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 21:13:34 PM »
My cats need collars for the cat-flap magnets but even Alfie doesn't manage to lose one a month these days! I prefer to choose the collars myself so that I can be sure they have the safety 'break away' that I like to use. Although I like Alf to look smart, safety is the first concern.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 21:05:50 PM »
I don't think many of us go for collars  :)

Questions you have probably already though of, but if not: 

1.  Would you offer different size boxes  (small, medium, large)
2.  Would people have to sign up for a minimum quantity or would you be free to cancel at any time.
3.  Would you offer different options other than monthly ... every other month or quarterly?
4.  Will you cater to allergies etc?

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 20:52:14 PM »
Thanks everybody for the feedback so far, we're getting a very clear picture on what it is people want to see in the boxes (Treats/toys/grooming and coupons!)

We were really surprised that collars didn't get that many votes, is this because most don't wear them or because they're not something you'd want replacing every month?

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 14:15:34 PM »
Survey completed.  :)
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 13:19:22 PM »
oooooh I saw something similar to this (they did dogs or cats) on facebook the other week.  I clicked the link but it was only available in the USA .... I thought it was a great idea ... it seems I'm not the only one who thinks so. :)

Survey completed

Offline KittyNic

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Sam, Codex, Jacob, Munchkin & Chutney too!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »
Survey completed. :-)

Offline CatSubBox

• Kitten
Monthly cat gift box - we need your help!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 12:34:17 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks to the admin for letting us post this message.

We are currently looking to get cat owners views on a monthly gift subscription box service specifically for cats, strictly no dogs allowed!

For those of you not familiar with the subscription box model, we will be putting together a service which for a flat monthly fee mails out boxes filled with all sorts of foods, treats, toys and other goodies not available from your major high street retailers. We are currently hand picking items which we think are interesting or unique (let us know any which fit the bill!

The idea is that every month you will have a new box of surprise goodies to look forward to, and open and share with your cat products you might not have come across ordinarily.

We will be launching the service in the new year but have put together a short survey which will help us on pricing and filling the boxes. We’d appreciate any feedback you’d like to give on the idea, any products we should consider or anything else, both via the survey and on this thread.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C6P65QX

You can follow us on Twitter if you’d like to keep up to date with the progress @CatSubBox. We’d also appreciate anybody who wants to spread the message, we want to get as much feedback as we can!

Thanks all in advance for your comments!

Cat Subscription Box Team x

Link to CatChat