Author Topic: Urgent rehoming request, 2x female 4yrs old moglets (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 3864 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Urgent rehoming request, 2x female 4yrs old moglets (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 08:20:33 AM »
As there have been no updates I'll move this to sorted section now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Urgent rehoming request, 2x female 4yrs old moglets
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 07:29:56 AM »
Any news?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »

Hi and welcome,

Sorry you feel you need to rehome your cats that must be a hard decision.  The advise Sam gives is really worth trying if you've not already don so first of all.

Otherwise if there is no other option than to rehome your cats, and if family or friends can't help, it's best to go through a rescue than rehome to someone you don't know because they will ensure the cats go to loving homes, and do home checks etc.  You don't say where you are from so it's worth adding that to the title but here is a list of rescues if you choose your area from the map:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

When you contact the rescues do explain how urgent your situation is, and if they are full (which is very likely) please ask to go on their waiting lists because the sooner you do that the sooner they'll get a home.  Also you could ask for a 'direct rehoming' which is where the rescue finds the cats a home, whilst they are still in your care - that can be a better option for the rescue if they are full, and also for the cats.
Best of luck.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hi and welcome to Purrs,

Please don't give up on your girls just yet .... have you tried Petal Cleanse  http://www.allergybestbuys.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/petalcleanse-thepetallergysolution-90101m.shtml

It really does work and could mean you are able to keep your girls with you.

It is also worth bearing in mind that young child very often "grow out" of their allergies.  As a child I was allergic to our cats but getting rid of them was never an option for my parents.  As I got older I built of a resistance and am now a very healthy, cat owner  ;)

This thread might also be of interest to you:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,42681.msg762727.html#msg762727

Sam
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline dantel8on

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kit and Sophie
Urgent rehoming request, 2x female 4yrs old moglets (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:02 AM »
Hi, all.  I've just come across your forum and thought I might find help here.  I'm desperately trying to find a loving home for our four year old female cats.  They're sisters from the same litter, spayed, litter and catflap trained, fab with babies/kids, wonderful girls.  Our second child was born three months ago and has a horrible allergy to cat fur!  This means our furry babies have been relegated to the kitchen/conservatory, and it's just not fair.  We've tried to work it out, but it's such a drastic change to their previously pampered life and we're having to make a hard decision.  Please if someone could help us out, email me.  They would come with food, their water fountain, a litter box with lid/flap, carrying boxes, toys... you'd need nothing but love.  I hope somebody out there has room!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:19:35 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat