Author Topic: Kitty grass?  (Read 1524 times)

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
Re: Kitty grass?
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 20:23:07 PM »
Thanks all - I went on e bay and bought some seeds so hopefully can get some grown for Christmas :) Pets at Home doesn't seem to stock them anymore for some reason.
I had a choice of wheat grass or barley grass so we sent for the wheat :)
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 16:07:06 PM »
I bought a load of seeds from ebay (I think I did a search on either cat grass or wheat grass).  My gang all go out but as I don't have a lawn I grow the "grass" in a tub.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 16:04:20 PM »
I used to buy a kit from PAH (container, seeds, compost etc) and put it on the window sill but now I just buy cat grass seeds from the garden centre and find a tub to grow it in.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 14:56:12 PM »
I used to buy it from pah before they were allowed out

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 14:52:57 PM »
In Summer I bring grass inside for Bonnie to munch at but in Winter I buy boxes of cat grass from the RSPCA in Halifax for her.  She loves it.  It grows in about 4 - 5 days and I leave it on the window sill for her to get when she wants.  I water it now and again and when it looks like it's dying off I trim it with the scissors and it starts to grow again.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
Kitty grass?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 14:21:56 PM »
Monty in particular is rather partial to eating my house plants and then sicking them up  :sick: I realise it is normal for them to eat grass and Monty has a longer coat and it does help him get the furballs up and I ensure they are 'safe' however it would better if they had some kitty grass that they could nibble when they liked. Does anyone grow this for their indoor cats and what do you do / put it in/ where do you buy it?
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Link to CatChat