Author Topic: Pet photo shoots?  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
Re: Pet photo shoots?
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 18:41:55 PM »
Great news Helen - you will have lots of fun with this, i promise  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 17:28:14 PM »
Monday 4th  :wow:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 17:30:00 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 17:24:26 PM »
thats great helen, looking forward to the pics   :)

Codys dad - "big" , yep hes gorgeous (you can see where my boy gets his looks from) unfortunately ive never met him in the flesh but believe he is a fab character aswell..That photographer owns him now  :Luv:

when is the photo shoot booked for...you'll have to warn the boys to be on their best behaviour  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 16:43:23 PM »
Thanks Lynn, that first link is actually pretty close to me but I've just come off the phone with a photographer in my own town and have an appointment booked for June at home rather than a studio.  The boys are very excited  :wow:  Cody's Dad is gorgeous  :Luv:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 17:05:25 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 16:27:42 PM »
Helen i noticed this photographer has done loads of cat shots..not sure where they are in relation to you though but lovely pics all the same  ;D

http://www.photocat.co.uk/galleries/cats/cats-breeds/LaPerm/index.html

Heres lindas photographers website (dont think she put the link in, or i didnt see it)
http://www.krissilundgren.co.uk/cat%20shows.html  --- You will note that GORGEOUS red and white laperm at the bottom  ;)  ... heh heh its codys dad LOL.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 16:28:42 PM by lynn »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 17:22:08 PM »
Thanks Linda, he's probably about 150 miles from me so we're getting closer!  I'm going to email the photographer that's closest to me (5 miles or so) and ask if she sells the pics on disc, she has got some really good pics on her website so I hope she does  :)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 17:00:17 PM »
Helen

Robert Fox does a lot of pet photography at cat shows in England and i know he does individual assigments too.  I have breeder friends who have used him and been very happy with what he has done - I attach his website details for you incase its of any use  :)

http://www.photopaws.co.uk/home.htm

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 16:40:25 PM »
Thanks Linda  ;D

Obviously the boys would be more relaxed at home bit I was abit worried about floorspace etc  My living room has a floor to ceiling window so maybe a backdrop could be put against that, all the other walls have settees/furniture/TV/climbing frames against them.  The sort of photos I want are action shots of them playing so I guess a home shoot would be more condusive to that, it would be nice to have a few close ups of them being still aswell though!

I'm impressed with the cost, the photographer I was looking at online is £95 for an hours sitting at the studio and £75 an hour + travelling expenses on 'location', photos printed are a minimum of £25 (unframed) for the smallest size.  It doesn't mention having a CD of the images which is what I'd prefer as there's no way I'd be able to pick one or two and couldn't afford 40 odd add £25 a throw!  Just been to your photographers website and the pics are stunning, she's around 400 miles away from me though so probably a tad too far to travel  :rofl:  Good point about cat shows, I'll have a look for some details of shows closer to home that might have photographers more local to me.

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 16:06:39 PM »
Hi Helen  :)

I had the benglys photoshoot done in Feb this year.  I decided to have it done at home because I wanted them to feel relaxed rather than stress them out by taking them to a studio and all that entails (photoshoot will take a few hours (4hrs for my lot) and then there was the travelling too).

In terms of how it worked, the photographer brought everything with her.  Most of them are pretty mobile Helen as they tend to go to a lot of the cat shows etc and that means having really good kit you can transport around.  I cleared my living room for her (well all available floor space) and left her cat free to set everything up.  Basically as well as setting up all the lighting we created a stage with a backdrop for the bengals which involved using my coffee table which is nice to jump on and a portable frame for hanging all the back drops on (there were around 40 backdrops/colours to chose from LOL). 

The actual photoshoot itself was themed around play, although you dont see the this a lot in my pics.  There were lots of toys, feathers etc involved and the bengals basically just ran around jumping on the 'stage' randomly' posing on ocassion for their pics.  The photographer I used had 8 cats herself, came prepared with toys and treats and its fair to say the boys and Nova took a real shine to her and had a great afternoon showing off.

In terms of prices, the actual sitting cost me thirty quid and then whatever I paid for the pics on top of that.  I will see if I can find the price list but am sure I paid around 5 quid per pic (on disc rather than printed) and ended up buying around 40  :rofl:  If I had them printed it would have been more expensive dependent on size - I think they started at around 8 quid for the smallest and worked there way up. 

My photographer was Krissi Lundgren who is based up here in Scotland and she is absolutely fantastic.  I know she does travel for photoshoots but this would involve paying her travelling costs too.

Hope this helps Helen.  Let me know if you need any further information.  I am sure Lucas and Riley would thoroughly enjoy such a photoshoot and the pictures would be absolutely fab  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Pet photo shoots?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 04:56:07 AM »
I'd really like to have a professional photo done of the boys, has anyone had a photo shoot done in a studio? If so did your cat settle down and relax enough to have some nice pics taken?

I'm swayed towards having it done at a studio rather than at home as I guess they'll have all the super duper lighting and backdrops but I don't want to do it if the boys are going to be frightened by it although they are pretty confident little things  :)  I'm not quite sure where photos would be taken if I had someone come to my house, I don't really want the TV or settee's etc in the photos!

If Linda reads this...  When you had your photo shoot of the Bengal boys  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: (and Nova of course  :Luv:) how did it all work.  Did the photographer bring a backdrop to your home or were the photos digitally edited to put one on?  Also would you mind saying how much it cost and how many photos you got, I'm sure you told me before but couldn't find the thread!  If you'd prefer to PM me how much it was or prefer not to say I understand.

By the way I'm not an insomniac, I'm on nights this week  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat