Author Topic: Is he part maine coon?  (Read 2269 times)

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Taz, Marvin, Monty, Merlin & DS RIP Tasha & Baldrick
Re: Is he part maine coon?
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 11:32:37 AM »
This is Svartleheim Starlight Express or Starrykins he is an NFC and TICA Champion

Starrykins is stunning, Merlin defo has the chunky back legs, but he still has a little kitten head yet, but then he has been neutered.  Though I have noticed with my moggies that their heads get a bit wider even if neutered, they usually stop growing around 2 years.  God help me if Merlin doesn't stop growing till he's 5, I need an aircraft carrier every month to deliver their cat food as it is, I have 5 you see, but none of them eat as much as Merls, the walking dustbin.  Also found out he has a 2nd home 4 doors up from me where his mate Rooney (ginger tom) lives, in every day & scoffs their biscuits if my friend hasn't seen him, cheeky devil :shify: :shify:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »
14 months old and already over 6kgs!  Big lad indeed and incredibly handsome  :Luv2:  Think MCs and NFCs don't stop growing till they are around 4 years old so he may yet get much bigger  :wow:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 00:25:03 AM »
This is Svartleheim Starlight Express or Starrykins he is an NFC and TICA Champion
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 23:11:49 PM »
Nah not really, just curiosity that's all lol. 

He is entertaining though, today coming home, saw him peeping round the corner of our street, saw the car and raced to the front door, so he knows the car, smartie pants.   ;D 

I think the only time I get annoyed with him is his tendency to come home looking & smelling like stig of the dump.  Such a beautiful, gentle cat and his favourite thing is to roll in something rotting!!  This is no exaggeration, last time he did it & came home he got dumped in the sink (and washed gently) before I puked :sick: 

Yet there's never a stain on him, just leaves & twigs stuck in his coat, dunno how he does it.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 22:43:48 PM »
Am no expert, but he does look a bit maine coon ish. Plus the size and the furry tail. At least he likes being brushed!

It doesn't really matter though if you're happy with each other tho does it?  :Luv2:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 19:50:35 PM »
Merlin is a brown tabby & white, now that I look at that pic I can see why you thought he was grey. 

Just thought he's so placid I can take him to the groomers, they love him, lol.  He loves having a bath, being pampered & brushed.  If I tried that with any of my other kittys, it just wouldn't be tolerated, likely a trip to A&E as well,  :rofl:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 18:17:44 PM »
He could well be, or something like the Norweign Forest Cat.  If I remember rightly the ear tuffs are classic signs of MC's.

I have known a NFC which was thought to be an MC but he was bigger then the second breed and was black and white where your Merlin is the grey and white.

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
Is he part maine coon?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 17:58:43 PM »
Hi,

I was adopted by a kitten last Dec, despite many attempts no owner was found.  Merlin is now around 14 months old and is doing an excellent impression of being a maine coon, see his description and pic below & tell me what you think.  :thanks:

Ok he's now slightly bigger than my adult boys of 4/5 years old, long haired, tufted ears & paws.  Back paws are huge twice the size of my other boys, he's around 14lbs, very smart, extremely friendly as he's even been accepted by the resident grump, he has a big neck ruff, is always hungry & eats far more than my others, TBH i've never seen a cat eat as much as he does, but not a scrap of fat on him.   Also he LOVES being brushed, comes running if he hears you pick up a brush, and his belly fur is curly.  ;)

Link to CatChat