Author Topic: Foods a big thought for Licky..... seeking advice  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Foods a big thought for Licky..... seeking advice
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 04:52:39 AM »
Liz, I used to have a cat, Polly, who had no teeth. I only found this out when she sat on my lap and yawned. Imagine my surprise at seeing only gums. She ate normal food, and ate well. I think her gums had hardened. Maybe giving Clio normal food would help her gums to harden to be able to chew cat food, which is usually soft.

Polly used to catch mice and try to gum them to death!  :rofl:  Her friend, Samantha, would pinch the mouse and kill it unless I could rescue the poor thing first.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Foods a big thought for Licky..... seeking advice
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »
I liquisie normal cat food for Clio my gumless Hyper T feral in a mug 1 sachet and water about a third of the way up the cup she has been drinking her food for 9 months and prior to that was liquidisng for my Calichi boy Wispa who is now back on normal food keeps them hydrated and also cat milk is a god send as its extra calories

I also add Flumax and Complivet food supplements once a day as the 3 pumps are equal to a whole days catfood
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
Foods a big thought for Licky..... seeking advice
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 21:17:55 PM »
My cat Licky has some know is currently having dental problems. At present he will only eat ham and lots of it. The vet said to give him what ever he wants/can eat to build his strength up. After a few days now i think its time to find a more healthier food than Ham. He normally eats James Well Beloved pouches (but has turned his nose up at) and James Well Beloved Dry food (which i have caught him having a sneaky try at) Just wondered if any one had any better food suggestion. I was looking at the Whiskas Supermeat as its like a paste but i think he would prefer something with a sauce so he can at least licky that up and maybe get a few chucks of meat inside him. I was looking at a brand called feline fayre, Anyone know if its good? I am also picking up some baby food as been told that is a good alternative. Thanks in advance. 

Link to CatChat