Author Topic: TV on monday - woman with 40 cats...  (Read 3258 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: TV on monday - woman with 40 cats...
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 22:49:39 PM »
Very well put JS  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 16:04:59 PM »
The reptile man was little more than an animal hoarder. He even admitted he was a "collector" which is a horrible way to treat animals in my opinion.

The cat lady bothered me because a) the cats probably didn't have any way to find their own space and b) she continued to breed the cats despite saying she couldn't afford the ones she had.

The chicken and hedgehog ladies were both wonderful, bless them. The dog rescuer was a little rough in my opinion but her heart seemed to be in the right place.

I didn't like how people trying to resolve the overpopulation or mistreatment of animals were plonked into the same programme as people who are almost perpetuating the issues.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 06:21:08 AM »
Thought the dog and heggie ladies were doing great jobs, at least they were rehoming/releasing the animals after retraining/healing.

The guy with the reptiles was just a selfish man who had no regard for his family imho. Nor any consideration for the neighbours who probably hate the reptile house he's building.

The chicken lady had her heart in the right place, and there's nothing nice about battery farming, so I understand why she does what she does. But to go from chickens to rabbits seemed a bit odd, I couldn't help but think of all those baby rabbits which will be produced.

As to the cat woman! It's despicable that she's breeding from those cats. Even then, rather than selling the kits, she's just adding to the hoard! Poor cats.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »
The only life she has is cats :evillaugh:
[/color]

How lovely  ;)

I was ok with her until the breeding came up  >:(

I also thought it very strange for her to say she was thinking some might've died by now  :Crazy:  The best way to get the numbers down is to find a nice home for some of them.  I know she took on 14 when her mum died but we never found out where or why she had 26 of her own to start with.

Good for the lady who rescued the chickens, but I couldn't deal with all the mess.  A friend of mine had 5 a few years ago and the mess they made was crazy and the smell was horrid.  Good job someone can do it.

The lady with the dogs deserves a medal for all the good work she does.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 09:48:39 AM »
I just watched it last night. Yes the hedgehog lady and the dog lady were doing good, the chicken lady  :Crazy:

I did feel for the cat lady at first after hearing she had inherited a lot from her mother, but then the breeding  >:( I thought she must have a massive house, but it looked like a normal semi or summat. The poor cats must find it hard to get a space of their own  :(
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline amethyst 28

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 07:16:37 AM »
£200 a week to feed them I dont know how anyone could cope with all of them,the grooming cleaning feeding the cat shows etc.The only life she has is cats :evillaugh:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 16:30:56 PM »
I'm just watching it now, the woman had 26 cats then inherited her mothers, she can't afford them, and said about some dying, very strange lady.

Why she bred another one i have no idea!!

She must have more money than she is letting on!

The Hedgehog lady although a little batty is doing a good job it seems to help the heggies.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 14:00:18 PM »
She continues to breed  :(

Why not dedicate the program to someone who actually rescues, not just a collector of posh pussies?

Could find no sympathy and precious little empathy to be honest.  :shify:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 12:27:19 PM »
I'd have been more impressed with a rehoming centre....  :tired:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 23:36:49 PM »
You bet me to it, I saw it advertised last night.  I hope it's gonna be good and she looks after them well.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
TV on monday - woman with 40 cats...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:49:50 PM »
9pm on channel 5, this monday 4th november.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-woman-with-40-cats-and-other-pet-hoarders

I just hope she looks after them properly, sounds more like a rehoming centre to me!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Link to CatChat