Author Topic: Meet Charlie  (Read 2447 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Meet Charlie
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 18:16:04 PM »
No, it's not a typo  :rofl:  Bonnie Bum  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 14:09:46 PM »
that's why my pet name for her is Bonnie Bum. :Luv2: ;)

Mary

Did you mean that or Bonnie Bun! Though she does of course have a very cute bum too!  :hug:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
See, everyone agrees he is lovely and can see why you are besotted.  :hug:

To cut a very long story short - Bonnie's pervious owner didn't take her to the vet when she had sores on her back and the RSPCA took her off them.  She was in RSPCA for 9 months having her tail removed and regular injections to get rid of the nasty sores.  She still had them when I got her and it took visits to vet over 2 years for injections to finally get rid all together.  Such a cute little tail like a rabbit and that's why my pet name for her is Bonnie Bum. :Luv2: ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »
Aaw, how sweet! And how lucky you are to have found each other, he is gorgeous  :Luv2:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 10:53:44 AM »
he is lovely!

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 07:26:49 AM »
Aww isn't he lovely :) Sounds like he will have a very cozy winter with you. Nice that the other cats have accepted him too :)

Mary those are lovely pics but I never knew Bonnie had no tail! It must be because I never joined till a few years ago. What happened to her? (sorry for hogging the thread)
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 07:24:13 AM »
What a lovely story, and how fabulous for Charlie to back in a safe and loving home again.   ;D ;D  he looks a bit like our Tinks.  He's very hansum.   :Luv2:

Mary, love those piccies too.   :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 23:09:25 PM »
Can you tell I'm besotted with him?
[/color]

Yer  :rofl: :Luv2: :hug: It feels good being besotted.  I think we all know that feeling on here  ;)

Being besotted is what happened to me 6 years ago when I was fostering Bonnie, 4 days after I adopted her  :rofl:

Mary

Offline YogiDot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yogi, Daisy, Skye, Tiggy, Sally & Charlie
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 23:01:05 PM »
I'm taking his supposedly feral status with a very big pinch of salt.

I've think this little love must have been a pet who strayed and ended up living with the feral colony on the farm he was brought to the allotments from. His companion, a true feral, is rarely seen. I often spotted Charlie watching me when I saw to the hens.

His previous feeder is amazed at the change in him and delighted that he has moved in with me.  He seems to have settled in very quickly, is very well behaved with my other cats and is currently choosing to stay indoors.

Can you tell I'm besotted with him?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 21:47:38 PM »
Aaw so glad cute little Charlie is no longer a feral and so content with you all.

Mary

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 21:24:39 PM »
What a lovely story! Thanks so much for sharing it with us and for the photo's of the gawjus Charlie  :briggin:

Offline YogiDot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yogi, Daisy, Skye, Tiggy, Sally & Charlie
Meet Charlie
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 20:17:23 PM »
This is Charlie.

He has spent the last 7 or 8 months living in an old hen house on an allotment. I was told he was completely feral and had never been handled. He has the clipped ear of a neutered feral.

Earlier this week I went to shut my hens in for the night and found him in my hen house with the hens!!  He jumped out of the nest box and started curling round my legs. My big cat Yogi was with me, as he is for every trip to "his" hens and it was very obvious that he and Charlie knew each other very well as they started tumbling around the allotment together in the dusk.

15 mins and a saucer of food later Charlie has decided he isn't feral any more. He is so young, tame, sweet, playful and loving.

I am one very lucky person  :Luv:

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 20:18:54 PM by YogiDot »

Link to CatChat