Author Topic: Update on Tuppence Kali/Pasha's mum  (Read 5440 times)

ccmacey

Re: Update on Tuppence Kali/Pasha's mum
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 10:43:11 AM »
Great to see this kittys gone to a good home,  :)

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 22:32:44 PM »
thats fantastic news well done Fiona.
Such a shame about the first experience. Probably just as well that Emm didn't take on more stress , sounds like she has her hands full already.
Tuppy sorry Fifi is beautiful

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 20:59:43 PM »
Just had a call from Geraldine so thought i would pass on the news.
Tuppence is now called Fifi and is settling in amazingly well. Apart from a small accident (wet patch in the corner of the room on the first day) she is now using her litter tray and exploring downstairs.
Geraldine was going to leave it a bit longer before she introduced Tupps/Fifi to her other cat Mollie, but Mollie was getting distressed about not being allowed into the front room so they met for the first time today, there has been no hissy fits, just a bit of growling from Mollie followed by Tupps/Fifi following her around asking to be her friend  :evillaugh:
Geraldine is delighted with her and said she is very endearing and playful and is following her around miowing at her to play string he he!
I know that miow so well  :)
I'm chuffed to bits and so relieved, was having visions of her trying to escape and running out of the front door and getting lost.

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 09:18:46 AM »
Yep, the workshop will feel empty today :(, I'll definately keep you updated on her progress,  :thanks: for all the warm support

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 21:21:51 PM »
So pleased she has a new home  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 20:08:01 PM »
Excellent news  :cheer:  You must be sad to see her go but sounds like she has a fantastic home and you have saved her from a life on the streets.  Please keep us updated when you hear from her new Mum  ;D

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 17:52:01 PM »
Tups is now safely installed in new home :cheer:  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:
took her to her new family in Chorlton this afternoon, Geraldine, OH and three year old female cat who will be a perfect playmate once they have aquainted themselves. They have installed her in the front room for now with her fave cushions and familiar toys and Geraldine is going to let me know next week how she is faring so fingers crossed things go well :please:
Just now I feel like this  ;D :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 22:28:15 PM »
He he  :rofl:, thanks Sarah, been having a look at wizz's site, will keep you posted  :thanks:

Offline fairihell

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 21:55:01 PM »
Hi Fiona!!

I really hope you can keep her, is worth a try at getting her settled with your boys??? if you follow wizz's advice, I am sure you can't go wrong!! (sorry I don't have the link, but Im sure someone does!) Just a shame she got let down!!

I will keep my fingers crossed she gets on in your house!! she looks lovely!! - been trying tog et Kali to look at the pictures, trying to tell her it is her mummy, but she is more interested in trying to eat my left over pasta!!! bless her :)

Good Luck and keep us posted :)

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 19:31:02 PM »
Vet thinks about 18 months, she is a tiny, dainty wee thing, pretty, clever, playfull and vocal :Luv:
here's a few picks taken a few weeks ago with the kittens, Kali can be seen in the photo of them all in the box asleep, on top of her brother Imp on the right hand side, hope these load ok  :pcprob:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 18:42:10 PM »
sorry ela, i didnt really understand that.

i was meaning in general but i dont know anytihng about peewee.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 16:54:12 PM »
Not in every single case but most of them.
You are thinking  Peewee here aren't you lynn, he is going through a bad patch again, smelling like an unneutered tom and jumping on any cat that get near him, hopefully in a few  more days and it will go again.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 15:14:48 PM »
Neutering cats in almost all cases removes the urge to mate.  Not in every single case but most of them.

When animals are neutered (small animals esp) the gonads are removed ie testes & ovaries, these are the highest producers of the hormones linked to sexual desire and fertility.  there are also other places in the body where these hormones are produced but often the amounts are negligable.

Some cats if older when neutered esp males can occasionally still simulate the actions but again not very often and most males will also be sucessfully stopped spraying.

The motions we may percieve  someone described as "humping" may actually have no sexual intent at all and merely a form of play or displaying dominance.

Therefore i can see absolutely any reason what so ever to be worried about this and i would expect neutered males to have no more interest in a female cat whether she was spayed at 4 mnths or 4 years, obviously taking into account a reasonable length of time for the hormone levels to drop in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 15:27:10 PM by lynnst24 »

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 14:38:21 PM »
Can i ask how old she is? Yes it's true that cat's can still have the "urge" neutering only takes away the hormones you see. My mum's got a 16 month old male he's been neutered and he will try to hump anything even the dog, and her other cat's get well peed off when he tries it with them LOL. I think neutering only takes the urge away if the cat has had the op before signs of sexual activity. Tuppy's gorge, where abouts is she at mo? Have u got any more pics of her?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 14:34:24 PM »
What a shame  :'( If you are considering taking her home with you then maybe you could post those questions on the Health & Behaviour section, I don't know enough to advise on that sort of thing.  Hope she finds a new home soon, whether that be with you or somebody else, please keep us updated.  In the meantime at least she has somewhere safe to stay at the mill.

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 14:29:22 PM »
And thanks Helen, sorry to get hopes up, posted too soon, should've waited till she was settled.

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 14:09:27 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaargghhhhh!!!!!!!!!  :censored: :brick:
Emm was supposed to be picking Tuppy up at 4.30 today but rang at 1.00 to say she had changed her mind, she has been having troubles with her new house and said it’s not in a fit state to bring new cat, and she has changed her mind about having Tuppy at all. Fair enough but a couple of hours before she was due to pick her up,
Aaaaaaargh!!!!!!! :swearin:
Laura seems to think she might be having panic attacks with the stress of moving and children into new schools etc but might have a change of heart once she has settled.
Am thinking about bringing Tups home but can a young female settle with four older males, Oliver and Pepe are both 8, Lurkio is 10-ish and Ginge is 11. They are all neutered but Pepe still sprays and a new cat might send him into overdrive. My friend says they still get sexual urges even though neutered and she would get chased about for a bit of rumpy pumpy, is that true even though all parties are neutered and spayed?
In the meantime Tuppence is having a good stretch and yawn on her fave cushion.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 13:05:58 PM »
That's fantastic news  ;D Was wondering how she had got on, you did a great job taking care of her and her kittens and now finding the bestest home ever for her.  That's a lovely photo of her, she lools very comfy!

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
Update on Tuppence Kali/Pasha's mum
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 10:28:01 AM »
For those from cc who remember the story of Tuppence, Kali/Pasha’s mum, and her kittens at the mill, an update on Tuppence.
She is finally going to her new home today with a lovely lady Emm and her two children aged 8 and 9,who have just moved up from Cambridge. Emm is a friend of Laura who works at in-situ and she used to do work for the cats protection, so I’m sure Tuppy is in good hands.
Tuppy is in fine fettle and has recovered well from her op, was worried that she would miss her kitties but I think the op may have taken her mind off them and she seems to have been o.k, she has reverted back to kittenhood and wants to play all the time so I have suggested to Emm that another young cat to play with, eventually once Tuppy has settled in, might be a good idea.
Am happy and sad at the same time, she is such a sweetie and we are going to miss her so much, going to work won’t be the same.
Emm is going to let me know how she getting on and keep us updated.
Thanks again Sarah(Fairihell) for giving a home to Kali, hope all’s well there and that your house is still intact he he.
 :-:

Link to CatChat