Author Topic: Litter tray training question...  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: Litter tray training question...
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 14:38:23 PM »
How many litter trays do you have they recommend 3 if you have 2 cats. I usually clean out boxes about 3 times a day. Once in the morning, once when I get back from work and then before I go to bed. If they do a poo when I'm there I clean it out right away. Very rarely clean out completely as have a good clumping litter and it doesn't get smelly. It's called OKO worlds best. They can sometimes be fussy about different litters so might be worth trying out a different one.   

Offline emziebub88

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Bubbles
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 13:18:17 PM »
Just as I was posting my last msg she had a wee wee in the tray!! What a good girl she is  :Luv: maybe she just gets lazy when its bedtime lol

Offline emziebub88

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 13:13:53 PM »
 :thanks: Yeah could be that im not scooping the poops out straight away...I usually do it every evening, so I will try scooping them out after shes done them and see how we get on! How often would you say too clean the tray out completely??  :-:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »
I had something similar with one of my cats.  She would poo in her tray and then pee in the sink.  I took her to the vets for a check up and she was fine.  The vet believe it was her protest because her commode wasn't emptied as often as she wished.  As soon as we began to clean the tray more often she went back to using it for both wee's and poo's.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 11:26:29 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Sorry to hear your little one is not using her tray.  As she does use her tray to poo she is litter trained.  Do you remove the poo as soon as she has used the tray, cats don't like dirty trays.  Has she had a vet visit to ensure there is nothing medically wrong (cystitis usually causes cats to wee on beds). 

http://www.purina.co.uk/content/your-cat/cat-training/training-your-cat/litter-training-your-cat

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4916.0.html

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26577.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline emziebub88

• Kitten
Litter tray training question...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:17:30 AM »
Hi all, am new here andam fairly new too kittens...I have an 8 week old kitten named Bubbles, and she is not yet litter tray trained...she will poop in the tray but when it comes too peeing she will wait til were in bed at night and will pee on the end of the bed... I don't even think that she uses the tray during the day for peeing so its hard too tell if shes holding it all day!! Obviously I want too train her too use the tray for whenever she needs too go, but im not sure what I can do??

I have tried picking her up when shes about too pee, and place her in the tray, but she just runs away, or just poops if she needs too at that time!!  :-:

HELP PLEEEEEEASE!!  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat