Author Topic: Pet Detectives  (Read 1518 times)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
Re: Pet Detectives
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 15:21:42 PM »
I think she does and she was generous with her time with me. I was due a 10 min follow up and was still crying my eyes out an hour later and she wouldn't accept any extra money for her time.

You need as many avenues as possible.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 14:42:06 PM »
I emailed Becs. It's not clear from her site whether she communicates with lost cats. Keeping all avenues open.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 14:04:58 PM »
Ah sorry.
It sounds like the detectives are worth a try.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 13:41:54 PM »
Although I'm open to psychic communication; when I began the thread, I meant the type of detective who goes round physically looking for the cat. For example, AnimalUk knock on doors, search sheds, give out leaflets, put posters on lamp-posts, and their uniforms, ID, and professional manner mean that they're taken far more seriously than your average me. People treat them like the RSPCA.
Hence any cat nabbers are frightened into releasing said cat.

Pebbles isn't a candidate for theft. He's a moggy, doesn't like being handled, and neutered. I did wonder if one of the incoming students had felt homesick and taken him in, but they would be more like to 'adopt' a friendly cat than one who runs away if you try to stroke him!

I don't know if anyone remembers the problems I had with a neighbour when I took in Lucy and her flu-ridden kittens. She claimed that she 'owned' Lucy (a long time feral who had her kittens in my verandah one November). It has crossed my mind that, being aware that I'm moving soon, she's stolen Pebbles in error, thinking this was Lucy, (who she called Dotty: she names the local ferals, but doesn't give them a home). In this case a pet detective of the AnimalUk type could be useful. Pebbles is microchipped.

A friend's daughter is psychic re cats and has said that she thinks Pebbles is fine and close by. But I need more practical help than this as I'm preparing to move house and dreading leaving him behind.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 21:43:20 PM »
Although I used her for a different reason, Becs Stephens at Pet Perspective is lovely.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 21:01:46 PM »
Unfortunately I never took any pictures of Pebbles and have used pics of his mum Lucy on the Lost leaflets because they are very alike.

I rang the AnimalUK Pet Search Team today and was horrified by their prices. For two people working for five hours it'll cost approx £1,000. This wouldn't be so bad if they'd accept payment after completion of the house sale, but they want it upfront.

Meanwhile I've been leafletting the area.

Poor Lucy has been going out looking for him every few hours and otherwise clinging to her remaining two sons.

I wish he would come home.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 18:05:25 PM »
An animal communicator might be able to help but they usually need a good picture where they can see the animals eyes.
Have you got one of Pebbles?

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
Pet Detectives
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 20:03:37 PM »
Has anyone on Purrs used one? Did they find your cat for you in a short time? Were they horrendously expensive?

I've been wondering about trying to find one of these elusive people to fine Pebbles, because I have such a short time to find him in. I'm moving house soon and going to a totally different part of Birmingham. So if he's going to come home, and is hopefully alive, I want to find him very soon.

I have no idea what pet detectives cost, but imagine that it's A LOT!
So are they more effective than the normal means of leafletting an area and putting notices up and, of course putting puddy's details on lost and found sites?

I wait with bated breath for your responses.  :thanks:

Link to CatChat