Author Topic: help please.... note small h not a HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLPPPPP  (Read 5448 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: help please.... note small h not a HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLPPPPP
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2013, 23:26:00 PM »
Yeah Im stressed as well but she hasnt got cystitis yet so alls ok I guess

well it may have been better if she hadnt nipped into the cellar without me seeing her so I shut her in for half an hour. She came out purring and I couldnt smell anything but I havent dared explore. Tomorrow is another day and all that  :(

I should add after her surprise she has spent the rest of the evening on the window sill just in case she misses anything

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2013, 21:58:50 PM »
Poor girl she is so stressed

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 21:57:33 PM »
The cheeky  :censored: today threw herself against the closed door and howled to be let in.... Yeah right Im going to really let you in to mess. Eventually she gave up and used the kitchen tray but I cant help but think the fact I was eating was the main reason  :evillaugh:

Tonight shes rather more miffed as next door are having a party so its a bit loud and to her horror when she went on the window sill to see whats happening she found a person and child leaning watching fireworks

Oh its all new to both of us  :Crazy:

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »
Fingers crossed for you!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 16:23:48 PM »
This morning she had a scratch at the closed door around 6am so I called her and she came for a cuddle then went back to scratching and yowling. I just said Amber no quietly and she went on her tray in the bathroom.

My Dads been round today and filled the only smalle hole I can see in with foam although Id blocked it off anyway but just in case thats the problem. Apart from that he agrees the room doesnt smell so Im going to keep it closed and hopefully she will get used to using the tray again very soon

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 19:49:57 PM »
Today Ive had a whingy cat but a pooh in the tray as I closed the door so she couldnt get in. Yesterday I pulled the door shut but didnt latch it so she squashed in.

Im now wondering if maybe when the bookcase was outside for a week although covered in plastic maybe the local male cat weed on it. I cant smell anything so it could be that or previous tennants dog smells but I think its territorial

If it comes to it the door can be shut at all times unless Im in there so with lots of Oust and Feliway but no rug hopefully things will work out and I can stop listening all the time for times shes not in the room

everything crossed again please  ;)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 16:42:58 PM »
Well today she has yet again poohed on the rug so it is now rolled up in the shed!

I did think of putting her food in that room but thats just more work for me so Im hoping things will improve now the rugs gone

Thanks for the link She has covered trays because she didnt like the open ones and used the bath instead when she first moved in. The tray is actually in the bathroom now and shes using that for wee's but then going into the bedroom and poohing. At least I havent found any wet patches under the rug  :'(

Thanks
Tab

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 07:07:44 AM »

Tab, saw this and thought there may be something here that will help.  I know we dont declaw our cats, but there may be something about that particular tray, its position or size or whatever, which she doesnt like?

http://jacksongalaxy.com/2012/08/02/does-your-cat-pee-outside-the-litter-box/

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 06:46:08 AM »

Oh Tab.   :hug: :hug:

I'm with Gill on this one - put the rug away/bin it, and put newspapers or puppy training pads down around the tray until you can figure out what it is that's triggering the inappropriate toileting.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 03:30:09 AM »
\i would take up the rug and you if arre sure she will use the tray when the rug is not there OK, if you are worried puppy pads or newspaper where the rug was. 

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 23:32:02 PM »
Im feeling oh so very tired!

Amber is being her usual lovely self but she has poohed yet again on the rug in the backbedroom  :(
Both trays were clean but I was out

I have now shut the door again but I have no idea how to re-assure her that shes safe even when Im not here.

She doesnt stay in the room with me so isnt that bothered but it feels like if Im not looking she poohs in the bedroom not the tray
She doesnt use my room so Im hoping that if I spend time in that room it will help.

Its been suggested I leave the cellar door open as shes interested in exploring but Im worried if she messes down there I will never find it as I have problems with the steps and thats downstairs not upstairs and she seems happy enough to do smellies on her tray in the kitchen when Im eating

I cant not go out as this move is hopefully helping my health but Im tempted to bin the rug as Im sick of cleaning it

I wish I knew what the problem was and I would fix it although feeding salmon isnt going to happen thanks to my budget!

Good job I love her  :Luv2:

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 00:27:28 AM »
You didn't share!!!!!!!!!!

You are dead meat rofl

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 21:02:16 PM »
This morning I saw no poohs but tonight theres one on the rug again and one in the upstairs tray so possibly I missed the tray as I was rushing and just looked at it instead of stiring it. Downstairs tray was clear though so if its a protest against dirty tray she could have used that one.
Apart from that its window cleaner day and I had left the blinds slightly open so the rug is cleaned (again) the blinds are shut and the trays are still in the kitchen and bathroom.

I dont know if its the rug she suddenley wants to pooh on or the room or the window cleaner but hopefully a process of elimination will work.

That said shes rather miffed at me tonight as I had salmon for tea and didnt share  :naughty:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 18:52:00 PM »
I think I have to be given 48hrs notice and I have to be there so thats ok.

Hopefully the fact I have carpet protector down where the tray will be will help as Im really going to have to move the tray again soon. She keeps waking me up scratching and kicking it the bathroom where it echos  :naughty:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 00:08:11 AM »
So pleased thing are getting a bit easier. We rented as well and Poppy 'peeled' off some wallpaper. Stuck it back in place and they were none the wiser.

Ask that when they do the inspection that you are there, so if just before there is any bother, you can sort it out. Say you are worried about her escaping etc.

Nicky

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 22:56:55 PM »
I hope so as well.

I realise Im being totally neurotic (?) as Ive moved into private letting and persuaded the landlord my cat doesnt cause damage only for her to refuse to use her tray. Thankfully up to now its been my rug not the carpet so hopefully I wont get evicted on my trial period.

Apart from that Amber is enjoying sitting in the window watching the neighbours who Ive been told are part of the landlords family so hopefully they will say nice stuff lol

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 20:57:41 PM »
that sounds 'cautiously optimistic', let's hope that things continue to go well.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 20:26:35 PM »
Yes I realised that may be best so I changed nothing today although as she stuffed the biscuits and threw them up on her cat nip toy she has now lost one of her toys which is enough change I think  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 23:06:17 PM »
Dont rush things let her get into a routine  :shify:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 20:12:18 PM »
Well things seem to be going well in the pooh diaries  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

yesterdays pooh was in the tray in the kitchen (while I was eating lunch of course) and todays in the bathroom tray.

The back bedroom door is open again although the rug isnt down. The blinds were closed but Ive half opened them today. If we're still doing well tomorrow I will put the rug back down and hopefully over the next few days get the tray back into the bedroom instead of the bathroom but the kitchen tray is staying for a while

I would say keep everything crossed it continues to go well as Im due a landlord inspection soon but possibly not everything crossed :naughty:
Thanks

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 06:51:02 AM »

Ouch!   :doh:  I hope you're pleasantly surprised on the poo front this morning.   :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 22:44:50 PM »
The rug is still downstairs just in case thats the problem but back room has been feliwayed and tonight Ive opened the door and closed the blinds.
Hopefully I wont be cleaning in the morning. I just wish I could work out what scared her

Apart from that shes the loviest purriest cuddly pud she ever been so it has to be the house not illness

Thanks
love
Tab

PS cant help but do the squish a cat to the nose cuddle so now I have scratches on my arms and fur up my nose  :naughty:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 20:53:54 PM »
Fingers crossed

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 22:02:35 PM »
Well up to now no poohs outside of trays I found. I had shut the back bedroom door but had to open it tonight to get something and Amber reacted as if she'd never seen the room before.

Trays will be kept in the bathroom and kitchen for a while and Im rather worried about putting the rug back down in case I didnt clean it as well as I should. 'I' cant smell anything but  :naughty:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 21:24:55 PM »
Mogs used to do the back up so far she missed the tray but as Amber can wee in the tray but not pooh I think its a protest against something.
Next door has a dog and I know the previous tennants had dogs and didnt clear up so Im thinking thats the problem.
Having moved one tray and added a second tray she went until this evening before giving in and then used the tray in the bathroom
In between times shes been the cuddliest cat ever! Apart from when she was caught on the window and Dad came in  :naughty:
At the moment shes curled up on the settee and snoozing away  :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »
As soon as I sat down with a brew though shes on my knee purring  :Crazy: :Crazy:
[/color]

Bless her little paws  :Luv2: :hug:

Bonnie sometimes has a poo next to the tray - I don't see her do it but I presume she just turns her bum around the wrong way.  Her tray is actually one with a top but she doesn't like going in it so I took the top off. Maybe you could try one - if it's got a top on she can't turn around the wrong way, if that's the problem.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 07:54:19 AM »

Just a thought - wonder if trying a different, finer litter might help?  Watched something on TV the other day where an older cat had started to do a similar thing, and it was worked out her paws werent dealing so well with the bigger litter bits any more.  Changing the litter solved the problem.  COuld be worth experimenting?   :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 23:41:56 PM »
Try putting newspaper or puppy pads in front of the tray and see what she does then!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 17:38:57 PM »
Well a daily pile of pooh in front of the tray today Ive removed the rug that was down so I could give it a good clean in case I hadnt got all the smell up, Cleaned the tray and moved it to the bathroom in case it was something about the room that was bothering her, got the 2nd tray set up in the kitchen in case it was a protest at having to go upstairs. Im running out of idea now so all Im left with is that shes suddenley gone off the litter shes used for years which although unlikey is the next step in change.
I wouldnt mind but whilst I was scrubbing the rug outside making the most of my new back yard the little  :censored: squashed herself under the gate and went for a wander up the back!!
Not at all what I had in mind as there are 2 dogs and another cat that live near by. I opened the gate to see where she was and she squashed back under so quick she didnt even give me time to let her in before she was back with fluffy tail.
As soon as I sat down with a brew though shes on my knee purring  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »
When I moved I put a tray in the kitchen as well but after 3 weeks she hadnt used it at all. She poohed just in front of the tray so she knows where it is. Shes loving flying up and down the stairs and trying to trip me up  :evillaugh:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 22:26:16 PM »
is the upstairs tray the only one? she is getting on a bit now, and mild dementia may be making her forget where it is, or perhaps she is finding the stairs more difficult now

I'd be inclined to get a couple of cheap trays and put them in downstairs rooms to see if she uses them
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 21:10:26 PM »
No advice Tab but lots of hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 16:31:14 PM »
Thank you  :hug:

I think Im still over reacting to everything at the moment.

I wouldnt dream of punishing her though. Her tray is upstairs in the back bedroom so away from windows and not an often used room. I have a couple of clean up spray things as my parents got one when their old dog was ill only to find they'd bought a cat one so if simple solution doesnt work I'll try that.
Thank you

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 00:52:09 AM »
Firstly, its not a protest. Signs like these are simply her way of telling you that something isn't right. Her stress levels are likely to be elevated still due to the move, so she's still confused and letting you know that she's not yet adapted to her new surroundings.

When she poops outside the box simply pick it up and drop it in her tray so she can see and smell it there. Simple solution is ok for clean up if you like the smell, but I prefer RX66 for poop and vomit clean ups.

Main thing is not to punish her, it is counterproductive and may actually make things worse. If the poop continues to appear outside her tray, try moving the tray somewhere more private, it may be the positioning she's not keen on, if it is in a busy part of the house or close to an external door she may not feel comfortable using it. If this still persists, get her checked out by the vet, as underlying medical issues may become confused with stress.

One of my older boys has begun peeing in front of me on any available surface, and we think it's because he has lost his hearing which makes him uneasy when using the trays, so he prefers to be in my eyeline, even if that means peeing on the settee.   :doh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 22:42:16 PM »
Yes I think you are over reacting but need to keep an eye on this and maybe a vet trip if no better.

If she gets stressed very easy then the move will have been so traumatic and she will need loads of time to settle

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
help please.... note small h not a HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLPPPPP
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 21:54:34 PM »
When I moved Amber had 2 weeks of no eating, no drinking no poohing etc. We got over that and she was ok for a few days. One day she pooh'ed on the rug instead of the tray which I thought was my fault as I hadnt cleaned the previous pooh away.
Today I found another pooh on the rug when the tray was clear.
Ive cleaned and used simple solution and Im hoping its because she saw the local cat outside the house today and got worried

Ive got feliway downstairs and pet doodah upstairs and apart from 2 odd poohs shes been fine.

Am I over reacting?

Over the 14yrs shes been with me the only time she has done anything outside the tray she used the bath and I found the tray had been covered and closed by Mogs

I wish I could speak cat  ;)

Link to CatChat