Author Topic: NEW INFO FOR AXA AND EX AXA INSURERS AND THE NEW COMPANY TAKING ON THAT BUSINESS  (Read 3336 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
I looked at vet uk but there quote service doesnt go back to the year Amber was probably born and I cant really say she was born in 2002 when she moved in back in 1999  :naughty:
Tempting though  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
I have just received this email from VetUK ... not sure if it's use to anyone:

VetUK Pet Insurance provides affordable lifetime vet's fees cover that can protect your pet throughout their life for unexpected accidents, illnesses and on-going, lifelong conditions...

Affordable lifetime vet’s fees cover
On-going cover for on-going illnesses & injuries
Pick and mix choice of optional cover and benefits
Quick and easy to set up
Fast, fair claims settlement with direct-to-vet payment option
Flexible monthly payment at no extra cost

Call our UK Customer Service Team today and pay ½ price for the first 2 months.
0800 369 94 14  or visit www.vetukpetinsurance.co.uk
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Yes excess is £150 but would rather pay this than make loads of little claims and policy maybe to jump up.

Apart from this found it very hard to get anybody to insure senior cats.

I still have Lupin with Axa cos more than wanted a stupid amount for him

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
My old cat Mogs was with More than and it was something silly like huge excess and then percentage pay out due to age. That said insurance is so important as I have no money

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
Do watch out with more than though, for older cats, the excess on a new policy is £150.  I think they're still best value even so.  Geoffrey was with them last year and his premium went up about £40 even with his claims; Milly's PAH policy doubled to over £300 without any claims (underwriter seems to have changed there too!) so I've swapped her to more than too.  Couldn't put them on the same policy though as I would lose Geoffrey's continuing cover, but I rang up and they still did me a multi pet discount.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I have bothe seniors Misa and Sasa on same policy with them for £12000 life cover a year.  Its cheaper both on same policy and they both get xame cover.

£8000 down is not life cover but depending on age of cat it may be OK

It cost me more than ols AXA policy but the amount they were putting it up to was way over.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
I will thanks for the tip

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Try more than , they have taken over AXA business but not all policies transferred to them yet

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Well my renewal from Axa has come through. It still says underwritten by Axa though

Last year I paid £212.45 for Amber

This year with no claims made its £289.72 so an extra £7 a month.

I will have a look round but as Amber is 15 now its a bit difficult

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
I was with More Than for Mogs and Amber but changed Amber over as her premium doubled with no claims... Mine isnt due till january but I think Im going to have to phone around and beg my parents to pay  :-[

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
I've gone with More Than too, it was the best deal I could find for 13-year old cats. As you say Gill, the £8k cover isn't lifetime but it's still pretty good for the money - it's costing me about the same as Axa did last year.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I have just spent an hour plus on the phone to More Than............they are already doing AXA business and are the new company .................. sorry for tge lower case and typos..................and they have a very good underwriter sun and royal alliance.

after i heard about axa dropping out, i tried sra to see if i could get insurance direct but you cant. think this was because i found they also underwrite m&s.

i got renewals from axa for misa and sasa last week and the total annual bill was over £600!

so today i started hunting.......first sainsbury but they dont do older cats and mine are 12 and 15.

i know m&s will but you see,m to have to ring their vet nurse during night hours before getting your cat to a vet.

more than have a vn service too which will be good for those without 24/7 vets like me but its only if you want or need help.

more than have various levels of cover but only the premier is lifetime cover and is £12000 a year. the next cover down is £8000 but that is all you will getr overe the total life of a cat. they also have lower limits too.

you cam also put as many cats as you want on the same policy which works out cheeaper the more you have.

i have my little pedigree lupin still with axa and was renewed on 1 aug and he costs about 14 or 14 pounds a month but on the combined policy with the other two he was gonna cost 32 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so will have to think about what to do with him later.

so misa ans sasa will cost 369 against axas 600 pounds a year,a bit more than now but not axa crazyness and its the 12k policy.

if you have pedigrees i dont think more than are for you but i havent searched anywhere else, so who knows.

i hope this info is helpful and if you have quesions just ask.................more than have an 0800 number and the 3 people who i spoke too were all very pleasant and helpful.

i was told that many axa renewals are being sent out from more than and suspect my call may be fed back cos she has misas axa policy reference but she says they are dealing with thousands of axa customers who renewal has come out from more thanrather than axa ..............maybe they have started with the cheapest or newest policys first..........i have been with axa since the m&s debacle.

all i have to do now is ring axa tomorrow and cancel cos have started new policy today so that the 14 days kicks in soonest.

Link to CatChat