Author Topic: Do we have a stray cat calling?  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Do we have a stray cat calling?
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 13:22:48 PM »
Mystery solved!  8)
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 08:50:12 AM »
Last night I had a very good view of the cat, and it is the one who lives round the corner with her black and white buddy.  She comes from a very posh house with lots of garden space.  She must just be one of those cats that wants food all the time, cause I know her owners would be feeding her.  She often sits and stares out my dog so I know her well.  :Luv2:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:53:33 AM »
Last night I put the food out, and had a really good look around and spotted a rather large, long/semi long hair tabby sitting in between next doors bins.  It was pretty skittish so didn't come when I called and jumped every time a car went past.  I suspect it maybe the cat from down the street but as it was dark and I couldn't see well (need new glasses) I'm not sure.   The plot thickens!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:54:47 AM by Purdy Bear »

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 06:51:31 AM »
If this is a cat, it probably has a home as s/he isn't hungry enough to eat all the meat from the bone. Maybe a local, owned cat on the scrounge?
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 21:28:09 PM »
No idea hun  .... hope you solve the mystery.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
Do we have a stray cat calling?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 14:00:49 PM »
I put food out every night for the local fox/cats etc and recently I've seen some strange left overs which makes me think there might be one specific cat although I've never seen it.

Incident a
Something keeps leaving headless slugs on my door step.  They always have their heads missing and no other part of the body.  No mice or rats are left like they were when our other stray Sheba  who was adopted by a neighbour to become a house cat.

Incident b
I put out a lamb bone yesterday and left it under the car, when I went out about 10.30pm to put the rubbish out the bone had moved to the step and had been eaten a little.  I put the bone back under the car to find it back by the step this morning and it had been picked clean.

Do you have any suggestions what this could be?  We do have a far few cats around here, all owned and I know one particular one has come past the house before during the day but I never see a cat out at night.

Link to CatChat