Author Topic: LEICESTERSHIRE. URGENT HOME NEEDED FOR MISTY. YOUNG NEUTERED MALE TABBY. (Rehomed)  (Read 5761 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Oh Ursula that's fantastic news.  So pleased for everyone concerned .... it sounds like Misty has well and truly landed on his paws.  I hope you stay with us as we'd love to hear more about your boys and you.   :hug:

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.

That is such good news!!  :briggin: Hopefully you can now relax a little and concentrate on your forthcoming treatment.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
Great news. Glad it worked out.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Hi, that's great news  ;D I've merged this thread with the original to avoid confusion and I'll move to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline UrsaDee

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Jazz, Ollie & Pusskins
LEICESTERSHIRE Misty now has a new home.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 12:18:20 PM »
Hello my fellow cat lovers, I'm happy to report Misty has now been rehomed. After a home check Misty was delivered to his new home.
It was wonderful to see him relax & settle into his new home, his new "Mum" is an experienced cat owner, she saw Misty photo on my Face Book appeal & in her own words "fell in love with Misty"
We're going to keep in touch & I am invited to visit Misty at any time.

Thank to Sam & Slugsta for your help & support.

Good luck to all our fellow cat rescuers.

All the very best. Ursula  :wow:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: LEICESTERSHIRE. URGENT HOME NEEDED FOR MISTY. YOUNG NEUTERED MALE TABBY.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 11:19:40 AM »
that's fantastic, Ursula - a new life for Misty, and a well earned break from him for you and your boys - a perfect outcome, and huge credit to you for achieving it

do stick around and tell us about your three - names and photos would be a good start
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline UrsaDee

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »

:briggin:Hello Sam, I have wonderful news, after I did a "blitz" on Face Book & the Face Book page for Spotted Markfield I'm so happy to tell everyone Misty has a new home, I'm so relieved to know he will be in a loving home, no more days no more nights out in the cold.
I've done a "home check" and the lady who has adopted Misty is an experienced cat owner & is happy to take on Misty's Veterinary needs what ever they may be.
I have her vets details & I will arrange for Misty's medical records to be transferred to his new vets.

Thank you very much for your help, I will keep in touch to let you know how Misty is getting on.

Wishing you & your puss cats all the very best. Ursula x x x x
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 10:33:46 AM by UrsaDee »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 21:41:44 PM »
I know markfield ... it's about 20 miles from my parents and where I grew up (East Leake).  I know this is probably a bit sneaky but if Misty is injured (and considering your situation) it might be worth contact the CP again and tell them he is hurt.  This might open up a space that wasn't available before if you know what I mean.   ;)

I don't usually advocate under hand action like this but if Misty has been biten and he develops an abcess he is going to need to be given antibiotics and his ear treated.

Offline UrsaDee

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 19:21:41 PM »
Hello Slugsta, thank you so much for your kind words, they are much appreciated. I am doing all I can to find Misty a home. I just hope & pray it will happen. Wishing you all the best. Ursula  :thanks:

Offline UrsaDee

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 17:58:45 PM »
 :thanks: Hi Sam, thank you for your message. I've tried asking the vet, but they couldn't offer me any alternatives, I'm sure I've contacted all the cat rescue people in my area, I've even rang a couple out of my area, it seems everywhere is full.
I've put an appeal out on Face Book, I've asked my family & friends to share my post with their friends & so one.
I live on the outskirts of Markfield village Leicestershire, my house is remote-ish, the Lane I live on is part of a nature reserve, the house backs onto the hill behind, just over the hill is the nature reserve car park, people come to the car park & dump their animals, no doubt my home is the first place they find where they'll find food, all the fields around us are abundant with mice & small prey, just right for a hungry cat, the cats eat the wildlife & then the cats get worms, it turns into a vicious circle as the cat gets worms, the worms eat the cats food & the poor cat is always hungry. As soon as I could I wormed Misty as he was always hungry, I'm feeding him 4 to 5 pouches of cat food a day, I've also given him some IAMS biscuits & of course fresh water.
I'm worried about Misty, he hasn't eaten much, this has happened since the fight on Sunday between my old boy Pusskins & Misty, I noticed his right ear is injured, it's looks weepy but Misty won't let me touch his poorly ear, today he's hardly been out the cat box. I'm finding it difficult to keep going, if I was fit & healthy I'd cope better. My boys come & get me up in the night, food, water, change the cat litter again, even if I take them outside they are on edge & want to go back in home, before Misty came along my boys were out in the garden enjoying the outdoors. It's a sad situation all round.  :(

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 14:57:52 PM »
Ursula  :hug: bless your heart for looking after this little lad. I do hope that you are able to find a loving home for him. I wish you well with your forthcoming treatment.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 14:33:26 PM »
 :( Oh Ursula I'm sorry to hear your boys are being beaten up by this young interloper.  Hopefully now he has been neutered he will be less inclined to scrap with them ... and also if he is less "Tom catty" smelling then your boys will be less threaten by him.

It sounds like you are doing everything you can for him ... somewhere to sleep, food and water and I'm sure a few kind words and a little head rub now and again  ;)

Cats aren't daft they instinctively know good people when they see them and he knew you were the sort of person who would help him.

Whereabouts in Leicestershire are you?  Could you ask your vet if they know of anyone who may be looking for a new addition to the family.

Offline UrsaDee

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 21:37:07 PM »
Thanks for your reply Sam, I've contacted all the numbers on that list, one or two seem to have gone, when I rang the numbers they didn't ring out.

Keeping Misty here is really not an option, I have to think of my 3 cats, they are old boys & can't take being beaten up, I already had the vet out to one of my cats, Misty caught Pusskins sneaking past the house & a fight broke out, both Pusskins & Misty have been hurt, but Pusskins came off the worst, he lay on the floor gasping for air.
I can't put my old boys through this, I've had to lock the cat flap to stop my cats from going out that side of the house & to prevent Misty from coming in, if Misty gets a chance he's straight into the house and who can blame him, we live in on the side of a hill, when the wind blows it whips round the house, I've tried to put Misty in a sheltered area, he sleeps outside my lobby door, I've put one of my cat boxes out for him, I've weatherproofed & insulated it the best I can, he has a thick fleece to sleep on & hopefully keep him warm, it's heart breaking to see him, he's constantly at the glass door waiting for me to go by, as soon as he sees me he puts his front paws up on the glass, he looks as if he's begging to come in. I'd love to keep him but my cats would suffer, it would be cruel to put them through such stress & upset, I am finding it difficult, I'm disabled & find walking difficult & painful, I'm waiting to hear from the hospital for an inpatient treatment, I have all this on my mind & I'm worrying about my cats & what will happen to Misty. I really need to find Misty a place to go.  He's a loving cat, homeless through no fault of his own. Meanwhile I'm praying for a miracle to save Misty from this awful situation.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 20:32:42 PM »
Hi Ursula,

:welcome: to Purrs and thank you for helping this little lad.  As you have discovered all the rescues are bursting with kitties, which is such a shame.  Have you asked any of the rescues if you can do a direct homing .... you have Misty on their books for rehoming but he can stay with you rather than going into the rescue centre.

As it is approaching winter it is good that you are thinking ahead.  Do you have a shed, greenhouse, garage that you could offer as shelter for your little visitor.  It doesn't have to be luxury, just dry and out of drafts.  I have a regular little visitor who makes full use of my old rabbit hutch in the cold nights.  I have the door propped open and I fitted a sheet of perspex from an old picture frame over the chicken wire "window".  I put an old pillow inside a large plastic bag and then provide an old towel on top.  the towel is washed regularly.  My visitor is warm and snuggly even on the coldest nights.

I have attached the list of rescues for leicestershire (just in case there are any you might not have contacted) http://www.catchat.org/adoption/leics.html

Offline UrsaDee

• Kitten
Hello to fellow cat lovers, I would be extremely grateful if anyone can help please. We have a stray cat who has been living rough in our garden for sometime now, I've been feeding him since I saw him eating bread crusts that I'd put out for the birds, I thought poor cat must be starving if he's eating the crusts. I have named him Misty, I wish I could take him in, but I have 3 cats of my own, my cats are now old boys & sadly don't get on with the youngster, there has been numerous fights between my cats & Misty, it's now at the point where my 3 cats are frightened to go out, this is causing a few problems & stressing my old cats. Misty is a lovely cat, since I've been looking after him he has become very affectionate, I've had him checked over by my vet, his blood tests came back clear, has no diseases, no feline aids, feline leukaemia or fleas!. Misty is approximately 18 months to 2 years old, Tabby coloured fur mackerel pattern, he is a beautiful Cat, he was scanned to see if he'd been microchipped, but Misty has no microchip so we can safely say there is no known owner. While Misty was at the vets (Thursday 12th September 2013) I had him neutered. The weather is getting colder & we are fast approaching winter so Misty needs a forever home. I've tried every known Cat Rescue Center in the Leicester & Leicestershire area, no one can take him in, they can't even give me a date when they may be able to take him in. I'd appreciate any help in re homing Misty, if you can give Misty a home or know someone who can, please contact me. I live in Leicestershire. Thank you for your time. Ursula
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 13:35:56 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat