Author Topic: The best cat ever sadly needs a new home .... can you help? (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 4466 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there have been no updates I'll move this to sorted.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: The best cat ever sadly needs a new home .... can you help?
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 17:24:32 PM »
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 15:16:52 PM »
We've tried scent swapping and Feliway but it simply seems that Cleo wants to be an only cat. I did try to rehome her, but with no success. She is actually a real sweetie with humans and I would like to keep her as long as Alfie is not suffering because of it.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 22:00:42 PM »
cats are very independent, and normally sort themselves out. Some eventually do get on, and others don't. our 3 cats are 8, 14 and 19 and will never be friends and all go their separate ways but we just take it in turns to give them individual attention and they are all fine. My elderly cat who is 19 has her litter tray in our spare room, and we have a mirror propped up against the wall. Every time she sees her reflection she keeps attacking herself, its so funny! she cant make out why the 'other cat' doesnt fight back :-[ :naughty:

i remember reading somewhere about cats that didnt get on, and rubbing a wet cloth over each cat and then rubbing it over the other cat, so they get each others smells................ might help them to accept each other?

if there are new cats in the area that would also unsettle her, I would give it a few more months to see if they settle down? and try a feliway plug in?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 21:44:59 PM »
It's interesting to hear you say that Heather. We introduced a 12 year old female (who belonged to my SIL) to Alfie, who is nearly 2, a few months ago and it hasn't gone terribly well! Cleo will happily spend all day on my lap and chases Alfie off it he tries to come near. Other than that, she pretty well ignores him. Alfie, who is twice as big as her, runs away if she so much as looks at him!

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »
I wouldn’t give up yet, have u tried a feliway plug in? my 3 cats all dislike each other, I brought Tabby my stable cat home in March this year as she is 19 and a bit too old to live outdoors now, her hearing and eyesight is not too good but she is quite happy sleeping on my bed all day, and wandering around upstairs. My other younger cat refuses to come upstairs now, and our other cat just runs away.  Tabby has a little wander in the garden if I am around, but if she sees the other 2 cats she will go for them! (she used to chase the foxes away).  Now they just all stay clear of each other, it took a while though. if they do bump into each other, we just have to grab them and separate quickly :naughty:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 20:19:32 PM »
How awful for you! I really hope that you are able to find a solution that is good for all of you  :hug:

Offline lilylass

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Archie & Mia
The best cat ever sadly needs a new home .... can you help? (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 18:30:11 PM »
I can't bear the thought of her not being here OR of never seeing her again ..... and I hate to think of her being somewhere else and scared ... or not being able to cuddle her as she really is the most affectionate cat I've ever come across BUT ...... I can't leave things as they are - I've got 3 stressed pets

Mia and Archie have never really got on and have always grumped at each other with the odd big fight. Sadly these have become more & more frequent and more and more vicious.

Mia absolutely HATES other cats and the only thing that I can think that would have made things worse is that I had new neighbours move in around 3 months ago and they have 2 cats - although they didn't go out much to start with, recently I've seen them on the adjoining fence (our gardens attach IYKWIM) and wandering around outside - so she probably has too.

It took her nearly 3 days to calm down after last weeks huge fight - and then she flipped again 2 days later when she saw Archie outside (despite them having touched noses the day before)

She's in the spare room and won't come out - she must feel safe in there. I go up several times a day & leave the door open and she ventures into my room / the other spare room for a couple of mins but then back to the spare room

Archie's too scared to go upstairs (except to fly up, use the litter tray, and come pelting down again) and won't even come upstairs at bed time. Maisie (dog) is now very wary of Mia (as she got stuck in the middle last time) & they were the best of pals before  .... not a happy house

I am going to have to try to rehome her ...... it's not fair on any of them ...... she's my baby girl - feel so much like I've let her down and just can't believe it's come to this.

If you can help .... please get in touch

Meantime, I'm trying to come up with some text to put in an ad to take round vets / pet shops etc. Any thoughts please as it's tearing me apart trying to write it

“I’m Mia – I’m 5, neutered, microchipped and up to date on my jabs and mum says I’m really healthy

I love humans - I love to sit on your knee in the evenings and make a great hot water bottle in winter! I love being picked up and cuddled. I’m not too fussy about going out – if you have a garden, I’ll come out for some fresh air (only if it’s sunny and warm!) and help while you’re out there, but I don’t like to be out by myself as it’s very scary.

I need to be an only cat as I really don’t get on with other cats (at all!) they scare me loads and I get very upset if I see them – unfortunately including the other cat who lives here which is why my mum’s having to find me a new home”

I am absolutely heartbroken to be having to rehome Mia – I’ve had her since she was 4 weeks old and she is an absolute sweetheart. Unfortunately my other cat and her have never really got on and started fighting – these have been getting more frequent and more vicious and it’s really not fair on either of them. She does absolutely love my dog and could therefore go to a home with a dog used to cats. Any home will be checked as it’s vital to find the right one for her. If you think you could be Mia’s new human(s), please get in touch xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 16:00:16 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat