Author Topic: Cosmo's awol - Home safe!  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Cosmo's awol - Home safe!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 19:21:38 PM »
I know :sneaky: -

in my heart that's where I knew he would be all along but when someone has said they've searched and they're positive he's not there then there's not a lot more you can do :tired:  She's also not a cat person so doesn't really know how to behave/react - never mind, at least he's home now ;D

Cosmo's just cross now 'cos we're not letting him out even though it's a nice day and we're both home - lots of tail swishing and scowling up at me - expect I'll get dabbed at some point today too - sigh

The fact that she's not a cat person is more of a reason that he will go and hide at her house ... he know's there's no other cats in the house and he know's she doesn't have a clue about where cats can hide  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So pleased he is back home safe and well  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 15:48:38 PM »
So glad to hear that Cosmo is back home where he belongs!  :briggin:

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 11:13:40 AM »
I know :sneaky: -

in my heart that's where I knew he would be all along but when someone has said they've searched and they're positive he's not there then there's not a lot more you can do :tired:  She's also not a cat person so doesn't really know how to behave/react - never mind, at least he's home now ;D

Cosmo's just cross now 'cos we're not letting him out even though it's a nice day and we're both home - lots of tail swishing and scowling up at me - expect I'll get dabbed at some point today too - sigh

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Good news  ;D. Your neighbour will make sure she has a good look next time thought wont she :naughty:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Cosmo's awol
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »
 :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: Not for the poo I hasten to add  ;)  So pleased  :wow: :wow: :wow:

I'll amend title to say "home safe"  :)

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Re: Cosmo's awol - now home
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 07:53:59 AM »
 ;D

I heard next door neighbour's side-gate open this morning at 5:00 and when I saw her walking up our path I was down those stairs before she even rang the bell!!!

Apparently, even though she had "checked", Cosmo finally confirmed his presence by depositing a large poo in the middle of her bed :-[, OH managed to scruff him and get him in the box so he's now back home safe and grounded indefinitely.  Will need to take day off work to recover from mental stress plus to buy neighbour a very large bunch of flowers (it was a very large poo).

Thanks also to Sam's reassurances too - much appreciated

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 22:30:34 PM »
thanks, that's what I'm hoping given that he's not a wanderer.  I saw this but thinking about him running in all happy to see me just makes me sad 'cos he's not here :(

I'm currently keeping his sister company in the dining room as I don't want her running out and them both being gone.  Although Jessie doesn't really like going outside, she does tend to lose all sense of reason when she sees moths/bugs :Crazy:

Haven't even felt like having anything to eat - just want him home (and grounded forever)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 22:14:12 PM »
Ahhh hun ... I know how you feel.  It's awful when they go AWOL.  Fingers crossed he is just snoozing somewhere as it's been nice and warm today.  I'm sure he'll be home soon.  :hug:

Try doing a bit of vizualisation  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,14171.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Cosmo's awol - Home safe!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 21:56:57 PM »
just to say Cosmo went awol this afternoon just after lunch :(

I know it's not been long but he's a total mummy's boy and won't miss either his tea or bedtime with me.  Trying not to panic - this happened almost exactly 2 years ago - we found him the next day - he had got himself locked in the flat next door but she swears blind he's not snuck in and is hiding somewhere.  I'm hoping she's wrong and he'll come out later tonight when she's in bed and is quiet.  Cosmo's quite shy and doesn't like loud noises or noisy people, which our neighbour is.

We've got the back door open and OH will sleep in the sitting room in case he wanders in but am feeling completely freaked out.  Haven't stopped calling him and have walked round the block several times already.  Will start leafleting and knocking on neighbours' doors tomorrow morning.

Am so stressed... :'(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:54:48 AM by Rosella moggy »

Link to CatChat