Author Topic: Your thoughts please re homeless cat  (Read 4831 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Your thoughts please re homeless cat
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 00:06:22 AM »
Great news and lovely pics :Luv:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 19:25:43 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 11:09:29 AM »
Such a good Chrissy present to hear such good news  ;D ;D ;D

Offline KittyNic

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Sam, Codex, Jacob, Munchkin & Chutney too!
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 07:16:49 AM »
A wonderful job done in finding Hattie a home and getting her spayed. She looks very happy with your friend Rosie. :-)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 00:26:14 AM »
Oh Pav that has warmed my heart.  ;D Little Hattie looks so happy and settled, and actually is the spitting image of one of the cats we were talking about earlier in the thread (who is still with me and now named Kuki)  :Luv:

So pleased these two fabulous little girls have found their forever homes, and thank you Pav for making this happen for Hatty.  :thanks: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 00:04:37 AM »
I had an update from Wilma's mum Rosie the other day, she has named her Hattie and in her email she says Hattie is very happy here . She brought me a little present(Dead mousey) the other day and droped it on my feet which naturally i praised her as she was so excited :shocked:

When i read Rosie's mail it made me feel bad as i never praise my guys for bringing prese  :innocent:

She also mentioned she had plans to go away end of October but she changed her plans as it was Hattie's first year and didnt want to leave her aloane with all the fire works going on :Luv2:  She is doing really well and
her mum adores her. Happy ending for Hattie .
Here is the pics she sent me :Luv:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
I thought its too good to be true that Wilma (My girl) she needed a name till she gets to her new home and i decided to name her after beautiful Wilma in Pawsinn :Luv: gets here and get a lift to Bristol by train all too smooth for my life ;) I am going to pick her up after work on Friday .

I thought you have your two already thats why you were up at thattime but i do understand it is worrying when you have to deal with people who have no understanding and also bringing new cats to your home.
Some people never learn or care and get other people to sort their mess , the problem its so easy to replace a cat or kitten these days if you go to free sites there are hundreds to free homes and i am guessing these are the ones the breeders couldnt sell and now want to get rid till next year  >:( And then there are people who moving away or home and just leave the poor things out i cant believe the number of people who say need to home my cat as i am going on holiday  :( and what do they do when they are back they get another cat. So sad and frustrating .
What is the C4 scheme is it the voucher from cat protection?
Sheila best of luck for today i do hope it goes well cant wait to read about them :)

:hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 07:21:25 AM »
Oh Pav, that's a shame. You could post for a transport run on the other Purrs category? There may be someone heading out Bath way when your friend's house is finished?

As for our little rescue, I think it's going ahead today, Pav.

One reason I'm up early because it's been worrying me a bit.

It's far from satisfactory. Very little communication and the kind person arranging it is way down south so won't be around to assist.  :shify:

Just hoping the person who is giving up these two youngsters understands she's not getting them back, and must not be tempted to get any more kittens if she's just going to shut them outside when they've outgrown their cute stage.  >:(

I have, however, a slight advantage. I invested in a large cage so these two will be able to be separated from my cats and each other after their operations, which I'm hoping to have done on Wednesday at my own vet (I trust him so will pay for the operations rather than drain the C4 scheme further).

Just need to clear out the back bedroom so they have room to play.

When is your little girl arriving?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 06:59:09 AM »
Oh dear, does that mean you lose the transport offer, Pav?  :(
Yes :(
Also i need to bring her here and keep her in my bathroom for a week or more which is not ideal as i use the bathroon 3-4 times a night and every time i am followed by Felicity and little monkey :sneaky:
If she was vacinated i could have put her in a cattery , it will be ok atleast she has got a home to go to :)

What about you Sheila have you got your two yesterday?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 06:27:10 AM »
Oh dear, does that mean you lose the transport offer, Pav?  :(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 23:24:23 PM »
Sounds very good  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 13:19:30 PM »
Thank you every one for your advice and support.
 JS thank you so much for trying to help with the rescue place for this little girl you are a star :hug:
I had a reply from Rosie (neighbour) to say she is happy to offer her a warm and loving home but if she could have her in couple of weeks as she is redecorating her house and wants the chaos over when she brings her home :-:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 11:54:43 AM »
Well done, Pav!!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 18:26:39 PM »
Hope it goes well  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 15:01:57 PM »
Thats so wonderful of you Pav. Well done honey  ;D

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 14:58:27 PM »
Very good news

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 14:56:34 PM »
Just a quick update on this little girl. She was spayed, dewormed and deflead last Tuesday stayed over night in there and i went to see her on Wednesday she is gorgeous a black little cat the vet put her age at 1 year old and she weight 2.9 kilo.
There might be some good news a neighbour of mine who moved to Bath few years ago might take her and the other neighbour next door is going to her mums birthday in Bristol on the 3rd and she said she is happy to take her by train  ;D Finger crossed for this little girl i am about to send her pics to the neighbour in Bath if things dont work out then she will be coming on Saturday to stay in my bathroom till a home is found :scared:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 19:37:01 PM »
Thank you every one for your thoughts  :hug: :hug:
Gill i am afraid the young girl hasnt got a clue regarding rescues thats why she asked me if i want a cat! Seeing me in last couple of weeks covered in scratches and bite marks all done by Mr Jingles she thought i am the right person to ask :) She couldnt understand why its important to have her neutered ! I dont blame her she is from a different part of world and said her cat at home is fine having kittens :shy:
Yes Greenlaner i agree it is tragic with whats happening in world specially with animals :(  :thanks:
Sheila you are right Felicity happiness is my priority as i said i am thinking with my heart but Felicity has to feel safe and happy in her home and i should put her first .Thank you :hug: :hug:
JS its a very generous offer to try and help i will pm you the post codes and am more than happy to do the transport and make a donation to the rescue if one can help but i am aware how hard is to find a rescue place they all are struggling as i mentioned in my other thread i had an emailfrom Mayhew that they have closed their doors to public due to number of felines dumped on their door :( Its the first time in last 20 years i know of that Mayhew refuses to take cats in. Like you is the thought of unspayed cat which makes me want to help.
I have decided to go ahead and have her neutered after all she will have more chance of survival out there if she is spayed mean while i am going to ask around if any of my neighbours are happy to foster her just for 4-5 weeks so she get used to the area and then maybe i can sort a proper shelter for her out side my flat and with time Felicity might get used to having her around and slowly she moves in! :sneaky:

After all she is fine with the visitors out side and she was good with Bertie coming in though they are all males :shify: Not sure if she would like a female around but then at least the little girl would be fed here and i can keep an eye on her
Finger crossed.
Thank you so much every one . :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 10:32:30 AM »
Pav - you're London way, so I'm assuming this receptionist is too. If you message me the location I'll ask some of the rescues I know down South if they can help. Worth a try. The idea of an unspayed female straying is terrifying to me too. :hug: :hug:

I agree with Sheila, though. Felicity and Mister Jingles are your family first and foremost so we'll try and figure out a way to help this little female that doesn't mean more change for them; and you. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 06:23:48 AM »
Pav, there's a very pertinent saying: "No-one can do Everything, but Everyone can do Something."

You're committed right now to Felicity and Mister Jingles, offering to pay for her spay is a wonderfully generous gesture and one which will stand this little girl in good stead, but after that you need to think about the happiness of your family above those of every stray that comes before you.

It's sickening that people just choose to leave their pets behind when they leave the UK, and you I know must feel this particularly, but that must not rule over good sense. Your colleague needs to make arrangements with a rescue and, with your contribution, she has a better chance than most.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 05:19:23 AM »
Well you are a very kind person willing to do this for the cat. Sometimes though you have to step back and consider all the possible problems that could turn up. There are so many tragic events happening in the world. No one person can fix all lives sad situations.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 01:44:22 AM »
Oh dear Pav this is very hard but she needs to try and get a rescue to help it or someone else...................I know probably  thats impossible.

However people are setting you up...........not right words but they know you have a big heart and love cats but you have to think of the two you have and not get involved with any more  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Your thoughts please re homeless cat
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 23:32:11 PM »
Any thoughts , advice please on this as i am thinking with mt heart and not my head.
Yesterday at work i was asked by this young girl who is the receptionist if i want a cat :shocked:
Here is the story her neighbour moved back to his country and left his cat behind no one is taking care of the cat and she remebers her having kittens few months back while the owner still here but doesnt know what happened to her kittens, she lives in not a very nice area and she said there are many dogs in neighbourhood :( :( She showed me a picture of her its a black cat and looks young.
I told her that i am happy to pay for the cat to be neutered if she can take the cat to my vet and then pick the cat up and take her home  to look after her not to pull the stiches out  as i am not able to take any days off till next weekend and am really concerned that the cat could be pregnant again being left outside.
The problem is that this girl is going back home herself in next 2 weeks as her dad is ill , she said she can keep the cat in for few days if needed but no longer here is where i need your advice as i havent thought this clearly am i doing the right thing by getting involved i know there are so many cats out there which need help but now that i know about this little girl i cant just ignore the situation but then what do i do with her after having her neutered?
I cant bring another cat in so soon after MR Jingles its not fair on Felicity as i dont have seperate rooms to do proper introduction and if i dont help the poor cat is going to be another stray and how long she survive around there  :(
I would really appreciate any thoughts .
Thank you

Link to CatChat