Author Topic: Feral kitten  (Read 3632 times)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Re: Feral kitten
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 17:44:25 PM »
He/she was only spotted once after and i wasnt there...think this maybe one i cant help  :'(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 17:29:16 PM »
Lau have you managed to get a trap for this little one? Hope he is still around.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »
Lau, I posted a WANTED ad on Freecycle and someone answered who was willing to lend me a trap. That worked fine for Chubby but obviously I had to return it, worth a shot though?

I've since purchased a folding cage trap that works OK, I caught both Alvin and Ivan in one like this, and it does fold down to less than 2" thick.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Feral-Cat-Trap-/261258481115?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Weed_Pest_Control_CV&hash=item3cd4380ddb

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 00:03:14 AM »
Lau just ask your local rescue to lend you a trap you may have to leave a deposit but will get it back once you return the trap.
Poor baby :(

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Feral kitten
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 19:19:53 PM »
I spotted a kitten possibly stray or feral around 5 weeks old in my mums garden. It was trying to get bread to eat. Its hiding behind the bushes and shed. Any ideas which rescue would be most likely to help? Im on maternity leave so i dont have spare funds to buy or loan a trap myself....any ideas what to do?

Think hubby would let me foster it....but its the trapping thats got me. It took weeks to catch our resident feral Cathie when she was a kitten. I found adults easier to trap....just ask clive  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 19:37:20 PM by lau200 »

Link to CatChat