Author Topic: Missing cat, West Yorkshire  (Read 9608 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Missing cat, West Yorkshire
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 22:08:26 PM »
Don't give up I've lost. 2 of mine both for about 2 week durations but I got them back - 1 came back of own accord and the other was found through flyers - I re flyers 3 times to the same places I cannot tell you enough how important filtering is, I'd of never of got my POppy back if someone hadn't seen my flyers

Offline emneale1

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Alfie
Re: Missing cat, West Yorkshire
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 20:48:28 PM »
Thank you! I will look into it, I'll try anything at the moment x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 20:32:54 PM »
I wouldn't blame yourself ... it will be pure coincidence.

Have you tried visualisation ... I know it's not for everyone but, nothing ventured nothing gained I say.   http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,14171.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline emneale1

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 20:29:38 PM »
No I don't think that had anything to do with it. I've locked my cats in the hall cupboard for a few hours before and they don't realise why it's happened. I feel really guilty but they are fine.

Oh good, thank you for replying! I would hate for it to be my fault that he's missing!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 20:19:27 PM »
No I don't think that had anything to do with it. I've locked my cats in the hall cupboard for a few hours before and they don't realise why it's happened. I feel really guilty but they are fine. 

Offline emneale1

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 15:44:41 PM »
Just had a thought and was wondering if anyone can help me..
The day Alfie went missing I was out for the afternoon, he had snuck into the bedroom and I accidentally shut him in there for a few hours. I feel very guilty now that he's gone, could this have anything to do with him disappearing??? I'd hate to think it was my fault but need all the information to help get him back!

Thank you to everyone for being so helpful :)

Offline emneale1

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »
Thanks for the advice!
I've spent all my time searching and calling but there's no sign of him :( xx

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 20:04:52 PM »
Could there be another cat that has scared him away or moved into his territory?

Make sure you go down there late at night when no one is around so he can hear you call him.

Good luck hope he comes home soon  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 14:41:40 PM »
they can get lost even very close by, I remember someone on here finding her cat after about 7 weeks missing, she had been living in a hedge at the front of the house - she never normally went to the front and didn't know she was home!  Julie found her one day when she was the leaving for work much earlier than usual one morning and saw her cat going back into the hedge

Offline emneale1

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 13:37:04 PM »
He's still not back :(
I had a phone call from a lady saying she was sure she had seen my cat near the bottom of our road (it leads onto a pathway with lots of bushes - I've found him lost down there before) she said he looked dirty but was going away from my house. I've been searching there all day and there's no sign of him. Does anyone know why if he's so close he can't find his way back?

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
When my cat Penny went missing she returned after a few days covered in some sort of dye...to this day we still dont know where she was all that time

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 09:36:36 AM »
Thank you so much for your kind words!
How far away was the old folks home where he was found?
Yes, in a strange way it's good to know I'm not the only person crying over my cat! It's crazy how much I miss him!
Thank you again, I really appreciate you putting in the time to share your story an ideas x

The old folks home was only about 3 streets away from our house .. but it was definitely off his usual patch and I think he was definitely "lost".   

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 08:08:34 AM »
Just wanted to send some come home vibes for beautiful Alfie. 

Quite a few of us on here have been through what you are going through for shorter and longer periods of time.  Thankfully the two times our cats went missing was for only 18 hours or so each time but god it was hell both times  :hug: :hug:  Never did find out where they had been.

The warm spell seems to bring increased numbers of missing cats either through wandering or getting stuck in sheds left open during the day. 

Very much hope he turns up soon  :hug:

Offline emneale1

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 00:00:28 AM »
Thank you so much for your kind words!
How far away was the old folks home where he was found?
Yes, in a strange way it's good to know I'm not the only person crying over my cat! It's crazy how much I miss him!
Thank you again, I really appreciate you putting in the time to share your story an ideas x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 23:16:58 PM »
I know exactly what you are going through hun .... the whole reason I compiled the list of hints and tips is because my little lad went missing about 7 years ago.  At that time I had absolutely no idea what to do.  I posted him as missing on a couple of cat forums and I received so many words of encouragement and tips on things to do.  The main tip was posters and flyers.  I actually thought my world had stopped when he didn't come .. I couldn't stop crying and was devastated like you. 

The only thing that kept me sane was my new "friends" on the forum .... they knew how I was feeling and didn't make me feel like a fool for crying over a missing cat (something alot of my non-cat owning colleagues at work seemed to think).

Thankfully my little lad was spotted 7 days later by a lady who had seen one of  my posters.  She phoned me and told me where he was last seen,  I immediately drove round to the location and called him.  He was hiding round the back of the old folks home under a huge bramble bush.  As soon as heard me calling him he came out and jumped straight in the car ... he was as pleased to see me as I was him.

It was at that point I decided to put all the useful hints I had been given into a list.  Over the years more ideas have been added and the list in now pretty comprehensive. 

I think the thing I found hardest to cope with was the feeling I wasn't doing enough and there must be something else to try.  I hope you find the ideas help you and I will keep everything crossed that your handsome lad is back home very soon.

Remember you are now a member of the Purrs family and we are all here for you if you need us.  :hug:

Offline emneale1

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 20:40:19 PM »
Thank you both for the advice!
Has anyone been through anything similar? I'm devastated! xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 20:15:08 PM »
 :welcome: So sorry to hear your boy is missing .... check out the hints and tips for more ideas of things to try:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,32203.0.html

Try and stay positive  :hug:

Offline emneale1

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 19:55:53 PM »
I've tried everything! I've spoken to neighbours, checked sheds and garages, rung the vets and shelters, put posters on streets and in local shops.. I go out calling him every evening, put food out - I've even put old clothes out because I heard it helps them come back!! I don't know what else to do! He is neutered and never done this before :( x

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 19:38:28 PM »
Aww hun i hope you find him soon. Have you put out leaflets or knocked on neighbours doors?

Offline emneale1

• Kitten
Missing cat, West Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 18:58:34 PM »
My 3 year old male cat Alfie went missing on 27/07/2013 in Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire.
He is ginger with white on his face, chest and paws.
He doesn't wear a collar but he has been microchipped.
I'm so miserable without him, if anyone has seen or heard anything please get in touch!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 18:59:23 PM by emneale1 »

Link to CatChat