Author Topic: hey im new here with a new kitten.  (Read 8028 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: hey im new here with a new kitten.
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 19:59:29 PM »

Thanks - I know, we're very lucky. We count our blessings for this pair, truly we do.   :) :hug: :hug:

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
Re: Re: hey im new here with a new kitten.
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 19:27:50 PM »

Tigerchilly, as you asked - here's some snaps of me bairns......   :evillaugh:

This is Tinky

This is Ross

The boys playing

The boys snoozling....

wow they are gorgeous and they look soo cute together...your very lucky x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 17:59:06 PM »

Tigerchilly, as you asked - here's some snaps of me bairns......   :evillaugh:

This is Tinky

This is Ross

The boys playing

The boys snoozling....

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 17:13:27 PM »
Hi Tigerchilly and  :welcome: to Purrs! Your furbaby is adorable!  :Luv2:  Don't forget to check out the other boards on here, especially the one where our babies talk to each other about us!  ;D
thanks for the welcome its nice here.im enjoyinf my baby shes soo cute

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »
Hi Tigerchilly and  :welcome: to Purrs! Your furbaby is adorable!  :Luv2:  Don't forget to check out the other boards on here, especially the one where our babies talk to each other about us!  ;D
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 09:00:25 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs tigerchilly  :) What a beautiful little kitten you have  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: So pleased you are getting her spayed, it really is much better for her.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 07:35:06 AM »

Clean any scratches when they happen, and you should be fine.  If you develop any unusual degree of swelling around a scratch site, then seek assistance from a chemist or your GP's surgery.  It is one of the hazards of having kittens while they learn the parameters of what's acceptable behaviour and what isn't.  Dont encourage them to use hands and feet as toys (I speak from experience  :evillaugh:).   :hug:

I remember on my 49th birthday receiving a charming scratch across the top of my foot when a game of "hiding under the Duvet" got out of hand - I was dressing to go to a rather posh restaurant for lunch, and ended up sitting there oozing blood through my stocking, and giggling stupidly about what we put up with.....  :innocent:

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 00:39:53 AM »
It's one of the hazards of having kittens I'm afraid. I even had to go into work with a scratch on my nose one day. I don't know how it happened but of them must have scratched me in the night as they were always pawing my face.  :-[

Make sure you wash the scratches and put some antiseptic cream on them. I use teatree and you should be fine.
thanks for the tip...

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 21:39:25 PM »
It's one of the hazards of having kittens I'm afraid. I even had to go into work with a scratch on my nose one day. I don't know how it happened but of them must have scratched me in the night as they were always pawing my face.  :-[

Make sure you wash the scratches and put some antiseptic cream on them. I use teatree and you should be fine.

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
Re: Re: Re: hey im new here with a new kitten.
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 19:53:10 PM »

You can definitely see her tabby stripes in the photos.  She's lovely.

yes, neutering is definitely recommended and she'll be up and about after the op in no time at all.  She'll have a small shaved patch which will grow back in a few weeks.  It will help to keep her safe, prevent her from straying in search of a mate when she's in season, will mean you won't have the neighbourhood toms coming round spraying yor property and trying to mate with her, and she's less likely to spray (female cats can do this as well as males).

Cats who aren't neutered can end up having dozens of kittens in their lifetime, often while they aren't even old enough to know how to be a Mother to them, and there are so many unwanted kittens out there - and kittens that grew up without being rehomed, and that people dont want because they're not cute and tiny any more, so definitely go down the neutering route. 

I doubt they'll do this just yet, as she's too young right now, but at 5 or 6 months, that'll be when she'll need to be booked in.

She looks so at home under her fake tree.   :)
thank you sue..
you really helped i was thinking not to neuter her but i dont want kittens that will become strays so thank you..
and yes she loves thats tree and loves to stare at my fishes to..if you can would it be ok to upload some pictures of your kitties i would like to see..thank you..ray

so she has no vacination and shes scratched me all over my hands..should be fine right?

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 19:50:21 PM »

yes, neutering is definitely recommended and she'll be up and about after the op in no time at all.  She'll have a small shaved patch which will grow back in a few weeks.  It will help to keep her safe, prevent her from straying in search of a mate when she's in season, will mean you won't have the neighbourhood toms coming round spraying yor property and trying to mate with her, and she's less likely to spray (female cats can do this as well as males).

Cats who aren't neutered can end up having dozens of kittens in their lifetime, often while they aren't even old enough to know how to be a Mother to them, and there are so many unwanted kittens out there - and kittens that grew up without being rehomed, and that people dont want because they're not cute and tiny any more, so definitely go down the neutering route. 

I doubt they'll do this just yet, as she's too young right now, but at 5 or 6 months, that'll be when she'll need to be booked in.

thank you sue..
you really helped i was thinking not to neuter her but i dont want kittens that will become strays so thank you..
and yes she loves thats tree and loves to stare at my fishes to..if you can would it be ok to upload some pictures of your kitties i would like to see..thank you..ray

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 18:14:46 PM »

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 18:03:22 PM »
:Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
B-):-$:-)

appointment next week they wanna neuter her..will it hurt her and it's this recommend?

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 17:56:44 PM »
B-):-$:-)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 17:40:22 PM »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 15:53:01 PM »
She is gorgeous and to me looks like a Brindle Tortie - I have 3 of them and they are all black based with the ginger - the Misses Xian, Baby Gorgeous and Miss Sherbet of the Clan cats ;D
oh ok i don't know what a brindle tortie is...need to do some google-ing  then ....my baby doesnt like to be picked up alot,she prefers to run around and play...and do they really have tortitude?

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 15:13:12 PM »
She is gorgeous and to me looks like a Brindle Tortie - I have 3 of them and they are all black based with the ginger - the Misses Xian, Baby Gorgeous and Miss Sherbet of the Clan cats ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 14:58:38 PM »
look

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 13:40:11 PM »
its hard to see but she looks black in the picture
yeah she does look black in the pictures...but prefer that she stays black.. her black fur is really thin and light and you can see undercoat with orange-ish tint.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 13:35:00 PM »
its hard to see but she looks black in the picture

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 13:34:09 PM »

Lol!   I remember that feeling only too well - all I'd have for my David Bailey efforts would be an out of focus blur or a bottom just disappearing out of frame with a jaunty tail at the end of it - they move so fast as kittens!  :rofl:

She's beautiful - so dainty!  :wow: :Luv:
can you tell by the pictures that she is a tortie or is she just a black kitten?

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 13:32:39 PM »

Lol!   I remember that feeling only too well - all I'd have for my David Bailey efforts would be an out of focus blur or a bottom just disappearing out of frame with a jaunty tail at the end of it - they move so fast as kittens!  :rofl:

heres another one got she loves to hang out and relax under this fake tree...shes tired now :-)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 13:16:26 PM »

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 13:15:13 PM »
:Luv2:  :welcome: And hi from me and Tilly and Scooby, Yes I agree with Sam and Sue, well worth a visit to the vets.      :need pics: :catluv:   

few pictures she really hyper cant get her to calm down....soo cute...thanks for all the welcome. ray

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 13:07:49 PM »
:Luv2:  :welcome: And hi from me and Tilly and Scooby, Yes I agree with Sam and Sue, well worth a visit to the vets.      :need pics: :catluv:   

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 13:06:48 PM »
Hello Tigerchilly - a very big warm Purrs welcome to you and to the quite delightfully marked Minnie, from your description.    :welcome:

I would say that her colouring will probably only change slightly, with the line markings becoming a little more pronounced, or the black sections of fur taking on a chestnut hue.

Definitely get her booked in now for her initial kitten check and vaccinations, as this will be a reassurance for you as to her health and weight and progress to date.  She can also then be wormed and have a flea check.  Are you planning to keep her as indoor only cat, or will she be allowed out when she's older and been neutered?

Do you have any pictures of Minnnie?  We like pictures.    :)

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 08:03:19 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

It's always worth visiting the vet when you get a new baby so they can do an initial checkup and so you can discuss vaccinations, michrochipping (very important) and spaying (the most important thing of all).

Can wait to see a pic of the new baby.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:47:43 AM »
Hello Tigerchilly - a very big warm Purrs welcome to you and to the quite delightfully marked Minnie, from your description.    :welcome:

I would say that her colouring will probably only change slightly, with the line markings becoming a little more pronounced, or the black sections of fur taking on a chestnut hue.

Definitely get her booked in now for her initial kitten check and vaccinations, as this will be a reassurance for you as to her health and weight and progress to date.  She can also then be wormed and have a flea check.  Are you planning to keep her as indoor only cat, or will she be allowed out when she's older and been neutered?

Do you have any pictures of Minnnie?  We like pictures.    :)

Offline tigerchilly

• Adult Cat
hey im new here with a new kitten.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 22:39:42 PM »
got a 8week old tortie. i was wondering what color am i expecting it to change to as she gets older?
she's all black now and i can see faint orange stripes and i also noticed a white patch on the bottom of her neck about 1/4inch..
should i take her to the vet to get vaccinated or am i ok for now?

Link to CatChat