Author Topic: Urgent help / foster home / warm shead needed for older gent by wed - Berks (RIP little puss :()  (Read 5353 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Oh poor little lad, I'll move this to RB section  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that!   :'(

Offline Dawnin8r

• Adult Cat
He went to Goldie's Oldies but I've just read that he had to be pts. :(
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 16:05:19 PM by Dawnin8r »
Feline Cat Rescue--Internet Appeals

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Poor old chap, has this been sorted now?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
any news on this old chap? he looks just like the 13 year old semi feral I took in 3 months ago.

Offline Dawnin8r

• Adult Cat
That's one thing I love about older kitties--they can't be bothered with all the drama. :Luv:

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
i dont think so, hes a bit old and doddery for that, didn't even attempt to jump on my lap today, just potters around the floor  :Luv2:

Offline Dawnin8r

• Adult Cat
As long as he didn't go into lunge/attack mode at the sight of other cats or dogs then I wouldn't worry too much.

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
not too sure, dont think the vets is the best place to make an assessment ..... he is a bit hissy but dont think he will put up much of a fight

Offline Dawnin8r

• Adult Cat
Do you know how he is around other cats?

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
Just a litte update, he is still with us, dont think the owners are going to come forward.... had him out today to stretch his legs.... such a good boy :) followed me into the consult room, then put himself back to bed
Had a quote from the vets I use for blood tests today looking at a total of £90 to include FIV/FeLV , should be getting the tests run on thursday if all goes to plan, thanks to everyone for their help and support

Offline Dawnin8r

• Adult Cat
I'm in Bedfordshire, but will make enquiries if you like.  He's gorgeous and I have a huge soft spot for oldies.

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
Near slough, but I am willing to travel with him as its very urgent he finds a place to go :Luv:

Offline Dawnin8r

• Adult Cat
What a sweetheart.  :Luv:  Whereabouts in Berkshire is he?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
What a lovely lad, I hope you are able to find somewhere for him

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Poor boy looks very down in the mouth :care: I do hope a rescue space can be found for him

Here's a link to your other thread for anyone that might be able to help chip in towards the cost of the tests

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,43503.msg776270.html#msg776270

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
picture should be attached

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
Hi

we have had an older (12+) male black and white cat brought into us (vets) by a member of the public who believed he had been injured as he was limping, on examination, he is arthritic, possibly as a result of an accident when he was younger as he walks a bit funny  :innocent:

We will have had him a week this Wednesday coming (31st) and as of yet no one has come forward for him, we think he may have belonged to the lady who brought him in as she wont return any of our calls

I urgently need some help with him, or at least a plan of action as we are unable to keep him with us long term, and its not fair on him..... all the local rescues are full, I was hoping to be able to find him a foster place whilst I raise money for blood tests and a possible thyroidectomy as we suspect he is hyperthyroid 

Any help / suggestions / pledges for donations towards his treatment would be greatly received (hoping to do a blood test on Wednesday if the owners haven't come forward)

Am willing to travel to find this guy foster placement ect

Many thanks

Rachel   
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:24:38 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat