Author Topic: Tippy - AKA Puma Cat  (Read 5588 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Tippy - AKA Puma Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 13:18:31 PM »

Very tastefully arranged.  Typical Gurl cat.  ;) :evillaugh:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tippy (June 2013)
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 13:01:28 PM »
She's just had a quick cat lick and this is how she's fallen asleep...

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 12:58:59 PM »
 :Luv2: I think they all do. But we wouldn't have them any other way would we. :Luv2:
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 12:50:08 PM »
Thanks kittiesmom

See thinks she's queen bee ;) she rules the blokes, but not me, she knows who feeds her :D

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 12:37:09 PM »
 :Luv2:  What a stunning cat, such a chilled out lady. :cat laugh:
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 08:30:22 AM »
She's taken a real liking to my sons activity tunnel, she bolts in and out of it and rolls around in it too. Had us in stitches last night :D

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 21:10:02 PM »
They are up to lots of mischief at that age , but they are just learning everything and it's all a big adventure.  :hug:  :hug:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 15:33:55 PM »
I think children should have pets. It's a fundamental part of growing up, and learning things like compassion, respect, love and how to care for an animal that needs you, and the responsibility that follows. We've had pets since my son was little. We lost our guinea pig a while ago and our home wasn't the same so we decided on a kitten. They're currently chasing each other, Tippy bops his legs then runs and hides!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 06:39:24 AM »

Your photos are enchanting, Lady M.    Some children never know the joys of owning a pet, let alone the pleasure you can clearly see both of them obtaining from their friendship.  Lovely, lovely photos!  ;D

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 18:16:09 PM »
She's amazing! She has typical tortie bad manners and she's a bit grumpy at times, but here's some pics to prove kids and kits are purrrfect together :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 06:47:40 AM »
 :evillaugh:  She's lovely.......   :Luv:   They really light up your life, don't they?

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 20:40:07 PM »
She is just lovely. :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 19:37:27 PM »
Peek a boooo !!!!!

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 22:50:30 PM »
He has had a look at the website. Looks a bit worried. Seems to have gone into hiding. Attending cat school will be a unpopular idea.  Still he has seen it.  :rofl:  He may like a chat with munchkin and the others but being away from home all day is not his thing. :sneaky: :shify:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 21:39:09 PM »
You should read him this book...http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0007284543 it's about a cat who goes to cat school ;)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 21:30:35 PM »
Billy is celebrating the new Royal baby son's arrival . He is having a little extra treat. He has been told to stop using the tablet else he may have to attend full time school with other cats who are very clever. He likes to lounge around in the day.  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 20:58:09 PM »
I have heard rumours that Billy is inviting all the other forum cats to visit  :evillaugh:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 18:11:45 PM »
Billy has been king of the castle for last seven years here. He would not want a cat friend despite his posts in the cats section. He is on that tablet more than me.  :rofl: Tippy is going to spend her life being fussed and feted. She looks great on the photos  :Luv2:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 15:35:53 PM »
Aaw that's sweet. I've always had multiple cats as a child, but its taken me 4 years to persuade my landlord to accept a cat, if I get another I will rescue. But it won't be til tippy is neutered and settled and a bit older. I'd like her to be queen bee :)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 15:33:33 PM »
Tippy is just lovely. Two kittens is very hard work. They are always doing something bad at the same time. My two spent a full 13years together before one went to the bridge. I used to like seeing them washing each other and sleeping in same basket. They were real mates.

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »
It's because she's a stunner Beowulf and she knows it!!!!

I have some dreamies! But i do use JWB as treats too :)

Tinky and Ross sound like a right pair, a friend tried to talk me into a play mate for tippy last week, but 2 kittens a 4yr old and a fella sounds too much for me! I'd be well out numbered and our home would descend into chaos!

Offline beowulf

• Adult Cat
  • Willow and Jessie's provider
  • Slave to: Willow and Jessie-Moo
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 09:42:22 AM »
So much cuteness  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

cuteness overload indeed  :Luv2:

just what is it about a little pink nose and little pink pads that make me go awwwwwwww?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 09:30:24 AM »

That's the thing about easy release collars - what makes them safe makes them very easy for a determined little kitty to get them off  :evillaugh:  We turned it into a bit of a game with Ross, so each time we put the collar on, he got a Dreamie.    :sneaky:

Whenever him and Tinky play and Ross gets too rough, Tinky gives a warning waily-waily, but if Ross ignores it, Tinky swiftly divests Ross of his collar as if to say "There - now you dunt belongs ter this Famlee an yoo is der owtcast" and he slinks off with the collar in his mouth.  Ross consequently always looks really crestfallen and sheepish.   :evillaugh:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 09:22:06 AM »
 :thanks: sue!

She will keep it on for a minute then start "brrp" ing, shaking her head and jumping about. She can get it off too (it's an easy release one)

I'll persist with her, I have taken the bell off as she despises rattling toys so wouldn't torment her with a bell. I do want to put an ID tube on it though (one step at a time eh)

I'll try her again today, I have some ham as incentive. See how we go!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 09:16:08 AM »

With regard to collars, its a matter of persistence really, and making sure you have a stash of suitable collars spare.  :innocent:

One of ours just wont wear a collar under any circumstances - not great from my personal viewpoint notwithstanding the fact he's chipped (although I know this doesnt worry a lot of people whose cats never wear collars), but he won't.

With the other, we patiently just kept replacing them until he kept it on - it helps if they dont like a collar, if you take off any bell and disc - you can get collars where your tel number is actually printed into the webbing of the collar - I get them from an online company called Dainty Paws who also do kitten size safety collars.   Ross used to get very hacked off at dangling bits from his collars, so that's an option to consider if Tippy is a collar Houdini (as well as a Puma Cat  ;))

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
Thanks ladies :)

:thanks:

She's also insured now and I'm sorting her health plan this week, my vets do a brilliant worm/flea offer with health checks and money off procedures too.

She's bursting to get outside. She's had both vacs so just counting down to her spay date in August.

I just hope releasing her into the neighbourhood doesn't cause too much chaos ;)

I need some advice while in here - she does bananas when she has her collar on. She is chipped, but I'd like her to wear a collar with our address on just in case!

Any ideas?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:   She's beautiful.  Looking very relaxed indeed.   :)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »
So much cuteness  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline LadyMcTavish

• Adult Cat
Tippy - AKA Puma Cat
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 19:37:47 PM »
Here's a few pics of Tippy. She's settled in brilliantly and finally decided what food she likes!

Considering she's a DLH she's coped with the heat really well, luckily our house is nice and cool.

Our 4yr old loves Tippy (he's currently stroking her gently and kissing her while she sleeps-on the cushions on the sofa lol)

As you can see she's uber-chilled out!

Link to CatChat