Author Topic: Gift Aid  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Gift Aid
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 19:31:03 PM »
 :thanks: :thanks: Gemini for that great advice. You are very intelligent marm.  :) :) great to see ya hun. :Luv: :Luv:

Give ya human a cuddle for us (but don't get too close  :-:;) , i've had that as an adult and it not nice at all.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gemini

• Adult Cat
    • Cat Chat, the Cat Rescue Resource
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 17:38:45 PM »
Hello!
Apologies for not being around for a bit - have had a bit of human trouble - or at least human with chickenpox  trouble (you don't want to know - not a pretty sight!), anyway, I wanted to add a bit here to let Ron (and any other charities) know how to claim gift aid on donations.  Yes, you do have to be a registered charity, and then you apply to the Inland Revenue to get a reference number, (this clarifies that they recognise the organisation as a Charity for tax purposes).  It's a bit of paperwork to begin with, but once it's in place it's just a matter of keeping records of donations that qualify, and filling out a form to claim it, (if our humans can do it, it can't be that hard!).
Anyway, there's an office set up specially to help charities with setting this up, and they are really helpful - here's the number: 08453 020203.
Love and Purrs from
Gemini Cat
Cat Chat
xxxxxxxxx

"Her Tabby Gorgeousness"

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 22:35:05 PM »
Its a lovely idea but I believe the recipiant needs to be a charity to get gift aid and in this case, Paws Inn is not a charity and anyway this isnt going to Paws Inn as such but to Minimopsical.

Charity staus is quite an onerous thing to obtain and then also you have to keep special books and also have trustees and abide by charity commissions rules.

Ron who received the funds from our auction last year has been trying for charity status for nearly a year and he finally obtained it about 2 weeks ago, we do not know however whether he can claim gift aid on that money cos I believe certain records have to be kept. lets hope he can.

Thanks very much for the suggestion  ;D ;D

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Gift Aid
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 22:21:43 PM »
Having got my entry forms and fees paid by the due date - after several attempts and having to call on OH for advice and putting up with his "OMG, I'm married to a moron" eye-rolling antics  :doh:, I was wondering why we can't gift aid our entry fees (or perhaps I've missed something else as well and we can :-[?)

Any advice gratefully received as it's always nice to get/give free money from the tax man  ;D

:donate:

Link to CatChat