Author Topic: Hello, I'm Mac, 7 years old from Nottingham.... and I'm looking for a new home. (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 5117 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there have been no updates I'll move this to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Is there no way you can take him with you ? Where are you going to be working?

Offline sarmac1

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mac
Hello Janeyk, thank so much for the advice. I have already contacted all the places on the list you kindly provided - and even though I've suggested direct rehoming I've not had much luck - as you say it's a busy period. I move in September but was hoping to have him settled before then.

Thanks for your replies everyone - unfortunately despite being on several forums, asking friends and family (and friends of friends) I'm not having much luck and as every day counts down to my move I get more anxious and upset!

Fingers crossed a loving home will come up soon! xxx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
he is the image of my Sam.I hope you are lucky and find him a great home soon.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Mac, I hope that a handsome fella like you is noticed very soon and offered a new home.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Sorry you need to rehome your lovely cat that must be hard for you.  It's always a good idea to contact rescues so that proper checks are done and the right home is found.   Here's a list of rescues in your area:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/notts.html

It's likely that that they will be full as it's kitten season right now, but do ask to go on their waiting or for a 'direct rehoming' if possible.  When do you need to find the home for?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Oops, I called Mac a girl too   :-[

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.

oh pay no mind to me - every forum has a lunatic, and I'm it!  :innocent:

Mac - I do apologise.  I thought your nose looked very masculine - perfect for a boy in fact.  ;)

(We too had a "Mac" until last year when we lost him to an RTA).    Am sure we will move heaven and earth to get Mac fixed up before you have to move, and so sorry that it will mean you being parted.    There's no way that's an easy decision to have to make.  :hug:

Offline sarmac1

• Kitten
Hi Mrs P, thanks for your message.

Mac is a boy - but am sure doesnt mind being called a girl (sorry I should have said!

You are right, it's a heartbreaking decision to have to make as he's so loved and adored. I will keep my fingers crossed of finding him an equally loving home.

Thank you again xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.

Ah - Nottingham (use your eyes Mrs P, use your eyes  :innocent: :evillaugh:)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

Mac, you're a beautiful girl - what a wonderful nose you have, if you dont mind me saying so.   :Luv:

I'm sure you'll find a superb home, and am so sorry that you and your Mum find yourselves in this situation, which I suspect will be a heartbreakingly difficult one for you both.

whereabouts are you based, Sarmac - county-wise - it may help with the search for a new home if people know where you're lcoated.   :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Hello beautiful girl. I'm so sorry that your mummy has had to make this hard decision and I really hope that she will find a lovely home for you soon.

Offline sarmac1

• Kitten
Hello, thanks for stopping by! My name is Mac and I am 7 years old – I’m looking to find a loving, caring but fun home as my mum is moving abroad with work and sadly cant take me with her.

I am healthy, independent & very playful. I enjoy being outdoors, sitting in the sunshine but most of all I love a cuddle on the sofa.

I am an outdoor cat who loves coming and going so sorry, I wouldn’t make a very good house cat. Also, I’ve always been an only cat so I’m not sure how I’d mix with another cat.

In terms of food I’m not fussy and eat almost anything – although I do like a treat now and again. Those Whiskers treats are my favourite!!

My mummy says I come with a cat carry basket, water and feeding bowls and automatic cat feeder in case my new owners go away (as I say I am independent).

I know I’m a little older than the cute kittens (I was one too once), but I’m fully house trained, have come from a really loving home where I grew up from – so I promise if you give me lots of love I’ll give you loads back too!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:51:30 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat