Author Topic: Daisy has been sick this morning and tonight - any advice please  (Read 3150 times)

ccmacey

Re: Daisy has been sick this morning and tonight - any advice please
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 13:35:13 PM »
My Macey throws up sometimes when she has eaten too fast (and too much) Im used to it now, so dont worry when it happens.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 13:30:02 PM »
Glad she's feeling better now x

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 13:01:31 PM »
Thanks everyone - Daisy is fine now so I think she was eating too much too fast, had a furball or perhaps she had eaten a spider or something to upset her tum.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 07:13:02 AM »
Might be worth giving her some furball treatment.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »
anything that slows down the eating usually helps. If you're feeding dry, try to spread it out all over a plate so it can't be gobbled. With wet food, like others have said, just give little bits at a time and squash it on the plate with the back of a spoon so that she can't nosh it too quickly. Maybe she's a cat with a sensitive tum and is always going to regurg a bit every week.
If it's all the time, I would ask the vet.
Hope no more regurgs today (we had a major one here this morning too).
another thing is does she drink just after eating as that is going to make vomiting more likely.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 18:40:22 PM »
even though bridie is on hills id i still have to feed her little and often and give her breaks
if not she will rush it all down and bring it up  :(
my other cats have 3 meals aday but with bride i have to split her meals in to 6 small portions aday
its good job im at home all day if not i dont know what id do about her eating  ;)
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 16:10:53 PM »
Tab - when I have had fosters who eat too fast and throw up, I split each meal into 3 portions, giving them a 10 min break in between - that way they still eat the right amount before I go to work, but enough time so they aren't sick. With Finn, I had to put the bowl on the bookcase so it was that bit higher, that worked as well as splitting his food up. I do the same at tea times too.

I tried splitting her food but she never went back for the rest Mogs ate it and if I leave it on the side she ignores it so now I just keep an eye on her and if I see her gulping I try to distract her and slow her down.
love
Tab

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 15:46:04 PM »
Tab - when I have had fosters who eat too fast and throw up, I split each meal into 3 portions, giving them a 10 min break in between - that way they still eat the right amount before I go to work, but enough time so they aren't sick. With Finn, I had to put the bowl on the bookcase so it was that bit higher, that worked as well as splitting his food up. I do the same at tea times too.
Please spay your cat

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 15:27:39 PM »
Is she sick straight after eating? My cat Amber does that and I find it hard to stop. She has wet food 3 times a day and dry food out all the time but in the morning she gulps her wet food so fast that it bounces. Sometimes she makes into the front room to tell me she feels sick by throwing up at my feet and others she hasnt even left the bowl  :sick: I try to give her small portions but then she does it at tea time instead and Im not getting up in the middle of the night to feed her  >:(
If its before shes eating breakfast then maybe the foods a bit rich for her
I hope you can sort things
love
Tab

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 11:38:45 AM »
Thanks everyone.   Daisy wasn't sick overnight and seemed very hungry first thing.   As suggested have given her only very small amounts at a time and she has had some dry and two tiny portions of wet kitten food without any problems so far so hoping she is OK now.   Sorry to have been such a worrier but it is reassuring to be able to ask others opinions when there's a problem.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »
How is Daisy today?  Has she regurgitated her food again?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 22:27:41 PM »
Thanks, yes she does eat quite fast and then runs around.   Also I have been moving them from kitten to adult food over the last three/four weeks so maybe it is too heavy for her.   I will definitely take her to the vets before the weekend if it continues.    I think I am panicking but you know how when they are sick they usually just carry on as normal, but she seemed really frightened so I think it was a first for her, poor babe.  She doesn't go out yet but has lots of toys so a small bit of string is quite possible or maybe a spider!

Must be a Daisy thing Chris, my one that will be a year old next month is a nightmare with spiders wasps etc.. she alsoeats anything only last week hubby caught her with the cellotape off the shelf merrily chewing naughty girl

Hope she is ok tomorrow Chris, let us know how she is

xx

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 22:15:41 PM »
Thanks, yes she does eat quite fast and then runs around.   Also I have been moving them from kitten to adult food over the last three/four weeks so maybe it is too heavy for her.   I will definitely take her to the vets before the weekend if it continues.    I think I am panicking but you know how when they are sick they usually just carry on as normal, but she seemed really frightened so I think it was a first for her, poor babe.  She doesn't go out yet but has lots of toys so a small bit of string is quite possible or maybe a spider!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 21:50:55 PM »
Id keep my eye on it and if she is still being sick tomorrow afternoon i'd take her to vet or atleast by friday before the weekend.

is the wet food different from what she's had before ? does she wolf it down quickly ?
they havent been eating anything they shouldnt have been has she ie toys, string, wool, foil etc etc

if she isnt being sick until she eats wet food and is happy and lively i wouldnt panic tonight, just oberve and see what happens tomorrow.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 21:48:40 PM »
Hi Chris sorry she has been sick today, maybe she is eating too fast and thats why she is being sick after wet food. Maybe feed her a little at a time to see if that works.......hope she is ok though  :hug: :hug:

xx

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Daisy has been sick this morning and tonight - any advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 21:30:23 PM »
Hi, I'm sure I'm worrying unnecessarily but would appreciate some advice.   Daisy (aged just 1) was quite sick first thing so I kept to just dry food and water today and she seemed absolutely fine.   I put down some wet food this evening for her and her two sisters and she eat some and was immediately sick again.  She is fine in herself, lively and playful - is it best to not give her anything (which is difficult with four others) or let her have some dry and see how she is overnight ?    I have Gizmo who has always periodically brought up her food (persian hairballs mainly) and I don't worry at all (and neither does she) but I think this is a first for Daisy.    It is so sweet that when she was sick her two sisters seemed really concerned and dashed over to sit beside her.

Link to CatChat